PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Fallen
06-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Wasn't as good as the first one. Waaaay too much comic relief. Still fairly enjoyable, if long at damn near 3 hours. Could have used some serious editing. The crowd was insane. I got there at 11:20 and got some of the last tickets of the 16th of 16 screens. Completely sold out opening night across all screens. No school means wading through packs of feral children.

I predict it places in top 5 openings.

iJin
06-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Gonna go check it out tomorrow night. So, I bet I'll be around a bunch of other people as well. I always like going on opening nights, the crowd is always annoying/fun.

Will update tomorrow!

Drew2
06-24-2009, 05:12 AM
My current job is working at a diner/theater. I made a fucking shit ton of money tonight, but didn't see a single second of the movie. Gonna go in early tomorrow to watch it properly. All of my friends that came in tonight said it was awesome, so I'm excited.

StrayRogue
06-24-2009, 08:25 AM
I didn't like the wiggabots.

Gan
06-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Cant wait to see it.

Fallen
06-24-2009, 09:22 AM

Or the constant dog/robot leg humping.

Beguiler
06-24-2009, 09:40 AM
You should like this movie more, E, afte rall, they named it after you! :tumble:

TheEschaton
06-24-2009, 10:36 AM
ANything with Megan Fox should premiere top 5 easily.

Trouble
06-24-2009, 11:57 AM
ANything with Megan Fox should premiere top 5 easily.

You guys talking Top 5 all time premiere or weekend premiere? Yeah, I'm sure it will get #1 for the weekend but overall would be a stretch.

Fallen
06-24-2009, 12:14 PM
You guys talking Top 5 all time premiere or weekend premiere? Yeah, I'm sure it will get #1 for the weekend but overall would be a stretch.

All time weekend openings (in the top 5), depending on how they count Wed/Thurs. If they negate those days, then no.

iJin
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Alright. This movie really did rule, and I loved it very much.

DoctorUnne
06-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree with Fallen's assessment. The action scenes were great, but pretty much everything else was unwatchable. Especially anything with the parents. 2/3 of the way into the movie I was on my way to being extremely disappointed but then they got to Egypt and from that point to the end was money. It kind of reminded me of Halo.

Fallen
06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree with Fallen's assessment. The action scenes were great, but pretty much everything else was unwatchable. Especially anything with the parents. 2/3 of the way into the movie I was on my way to being extremely disappointed but then they got to Egypt and from that point to the end was money. It kind of reminded me of Halo.

It really amazed me to see how much pointless crap they tried to cram into that movie. It really started to get in the way of all the pretty explosions.

Allereli
06-25-2009, 04:28 PM
from ew.com:

'Transformers 2' grosses record $60.6 mil at the box office on Wednesday
Jun 25, 2009, 12:45 PM | by Nicole Sperling

Categories: Box Office, News

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is one massive movie. The Michael Bay-directed juggernaut earned an astounding $60.6 million on its opening day at the box office. No other film has earned that much money in the middle of the week, and only The Dark Knight ever banked so much in a single day (it grossed $67.2 million on opening day last summer).

How Transformers 2 will hold through the weekend will be very interesting to see. The fanboys sure came out in force on opening day. But Hollywood, hungry for a huge hit, will be closely watching whether they will return throughout the weekend. Check back later today for our full predictions in the Box Office Report

Dhuul
06-25-2009, 04:30 PM

Halo the movie? Or did Obamalalalala cut the funding for that TOO!?!?!?!

AnticorRifling
06-25-2009, 04:35 PM
When they talk about opening day/weekend and overall grossing records to they factor in the price increase in tickets? Hell just since high school (10 years) prices have gone up a shit ton for a movie.

LMingrone
06-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Haven't seen it yet. Waiting to get IMAX tickets. But these comments are hilarious: http://digg.com/d1ulJ2

DoctorUnne
06-25-2009, 05:53 PM
When they talk about opening day/weekend and overall grossing records to they factor in the price increase in tickets? Hell just since high school (10 years) prices have gone up a shit ton for a movie.

No they don't, so movies like Star Wars and ET grossed the most on a real basis.

Numbers
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Is it true there's robot testicles?

DoctorUnne
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Yes. That was like the one part I actually thought was funny.

AestheticLife
06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes. That was like the one part I actually thought was funny.

They were WRECKING BALLS.

Lumi
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM

Or the constant dog/robot leg humping.

They were WRECKING BALLS.

File all this with the migraine-inducing irony of the geriatric Transformer...using a CANE...complaining about "loss of dignity" about half way through the movie.

It really amazed me to see how much pointless crap they tried to cram into that movie. It really started to get in the way of all the pretty explosions.

I was very disappointed at how much they felt they needed to make shit up and completely change character personalities or make up stupid new characters to stretch this shit out. This felt like someone was raping the franchise for money, not actually trying to give us an honest-to-goodness live action adaptation of The Transformers.

/80srant

That said, I was very happy with how much Optimus and Bumblebee absolutely kicked fucking ass when they were given their big-budget action scenes. Don't fuck with them :D

Krendeli
06-25-2009, 07:05 PM
After watching this movie I wonder what and who he decides to conjure up for the next film for Autobots. There seem to be so few and kepting getting pwned. At the end, I couldn't tell who was left and who died.

Who was the silver car autobot?

CrystalTears
06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
I was very disappointed at how much they felt they needed to make shit up and completely change character personalities or make up stupid new characters to stretch this shit out. This felt like someone was raping the franchise for money, not actually trying to give us an honest-to-goodness live action adaptation of The Transformers.Wow. LOL! Geek alert!

Lumi
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
After watching this movie I wonder what and who he decides to conjure up for the next film for Autobots. There seem to be so few and kepting getting pwned. At the end, I couldn't tell who was left and who died.

Who was the silver car autobot?

Sideswipe.

Wow. LOL! Geek alert!

For Transformers? Damn straight! :D

Krendeli
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I keep waiting for Wheeljack to show up. That was my first transformer followed by Optimus Prime. I had about 10-12 Transformers yet till i tossed them about 5 years ago.

LadyLaphrael
06-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Just got back from seeing it, and I think it definitely appeals to two major audiences: 80's geeks and people who like watching Megan Fox running in slow motion (two categories that easily overlap). Seriously? Did she have any lines other than "SAAAAM!" Then again, was anyone really paying attention to her dialogue?

It would've been a lot more enjoyable without all the unnecessary comic relief, but you really can't complain when the camera pans out and you've got massive robots duking it out across the landscape.

If you're photosensitive like me, go ahead and pop some migraine relief before the movie starts.

Lumi
06-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Just got back from seeing it, and I think it definitely appeals to two major audiences: 80's geeks and people who like watching Megan Fox running in slow motion (two categories that easily overlap). Seriously? Did she have any lines other than "SAAAAM!" Then again, was anyone really paying attention to her dialogue?

It would've been a lot more enjoyable without all the unnecessary comic relief, but you really can't complain when the camera pans out and you've got massive robots duking it out across the landscape.

If you're photosensitive like me, go ahead and pop some migraine relief before the movie starts.

I actually disagree with you on the 80's geeks category, simply for the reasons I stated earlier when demonstrating that I am very much an 80s geek. In short, they did it wrong :(

As a flashy action movie, I have to hand it to them. The SFX and the soundtrack were hawt, no doubt. It just made my inner nerd rage ;)

Sorry to hear about the photosensitivity, I can definitely see how that would put a damper on the experience :(

Edit: By "80s geek" I mean "80s g1 Transformers geek".

Clove
06-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Or the constant dog/robot leg humping.Well did you get revenge or not?!

DCSL
06-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't know if it'll actually appeal that much to 80's geeks. I am one. Transformers was one of my favorite cartoons ev-ar and I watched the (animated) movie at least once a week for like, a year after it came out.

I hated this movie. SO HARD. I wasn't actually a big fan of the first one (too many humans, not enough robots) but this one was even worse! The plot holes were massive and the cinematography style made it extremely hard to identify specific robots in the confusion. Mudflap and Skids I could easily have done without. Michael Bay really went for the cheap laughs with them and Ratolin, I mean Wrecking Ball Nuts, I mean Devastator.

Edited to add that I liked Optimus's cannibal suit and that he and 'Bee were BADASS. I liked those parts, yes.

Dhuul
06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
These "Transformers" I don't know of their movie or their cartoons or their interchangeable parts, but I do enjoy their life lessons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss5lSV-bis

Fallen
06-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Well did you get revenge or not?!

No. I got neg repped.

Lumi
06-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I wasn't actually a big fan of the first one (too many humans, not enough robots) but this one was even worse! The plot holes were massive and the cinematography style made it extremely hard to identify specific robots in the confusion. Mudflap and Skids I could easily have done without. Michael Bay really went for the cheap laughs with them and Ratolin, I mean Wrecking Ball Nuts, I mean Devastator.

Edited to add that I liked Optimus's cannibal suit and that he and 'Bee were BADASS. I liked those parts, yes.

I am in complete agreement, especially the bolded parts.

Allereli
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
it sucked.

NocturnalRob
06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
yeah this movie pretty much sucked

CrystalTears
06-29-2009, 09:12 AM
People on the PC saying it sucks makes me want to watch it even more now. :D

Allereli
06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
People on the PC saying it sucks makes me want to watch it even more now. :D

go for it, it's your 2.5-3 hours and $10

diethx
06-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I enjoyed it. It was 2 1/2 hours of mindless fun. Some of you (fanboys!!!) take this shit way too seriously, hehe.

NocturnalRob
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed it. It was 2 1/2 hours of mindless fun. Some of you (fanboys!!!) take this shit way too seriously, hehe.
Hey, fun boys! Get a room!!

http://6.media.tumblr.com/RaAhBBk4Ti8va7lpfxtR753Po1_500.jpg

Danical
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Couldn't stand the movie. I was just insanely bored throughout the entire flick.

However, I'm happy to see my mint condition set of original constructicons rise in price!

StrayRogue
06-29-2009, 07:09 PM
All I ask is: what happened to the fucking leg-humping decepticon, the last cube shard, the two wiggabots when they were fighting the big ass Devasastator, and where the fucking Christ was Ratchet??

Landrion
06-30-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll have to quote my five year old when he said at two hours and 15 in "Daddy, is this movie going to be done soon?".

He really liked it, but he illustrated that maybe they could have edited a little more. Overall, good way to spend the afternoon with the family.