PDA

View Full Version : A merchant opportunity.

Stunseed
06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I've been recently thinking of getting a few characters that are heavily deemed "merchants". ( I'm looking at you, Ardwen, Madmountan, Avantos, etc )

If you've read the gemstone news lately, there's some stuff going down that could bring some interesting roleplay if you're interested. Due to personal reasons my character won't fully participate, but I'd love to get something stirred up.

If you're an up and coming merchant type of character, you can also PM me or post and I'll work a synopsis.

thefarmer
06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I sense a vaalor riot...

Methais
06-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I thought Ardwen quit GS and is now living a happy life in Bermuda with Warclaidhm?

Or at least the first part.

thefarmer
06-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Nope, he still plays a bump on a log.

bluesmith
06-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Confused what this is about but also curious....

thefarmer
06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
It does sound interesting, and if I actually had a character who was a merchant, I'd talk to him about it.

As it stands though, farmer doesn't cut it.

Stunseed
06-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Confused what this is about but also curious....

Basically, if you roleplay a "merchant" type character..Over in the city of Ta'Vaalor, King Tyrnian is putting a cramp in your business by taxing non-elven metals from being imported into their city. For dealers of higher priced luxury goods such as jewelry, you're also getting taxed. ( https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=1&topic=1&message=2003 )

Surely, word doesn't travel as fast as we can make it IC, so suddenly you the merchant, notice a cut in your profits. It costs more to send your goods to be sold there, and you're making less profit. Your bankbook isn't as impressive, and those concubines, fine whiskey and cigars aren't cheap.

You're not gonna take it.
No, you're not gonna take it.

Back
06-23-2009, 10:18 PM
This is a potential game changer for mychars rp. Luxury taxes and royal menageries don’t bother him, he agrees with taxing foreign metals... but replacing the obelisk, site of the Koar task in Voln, with a solid gold statue of a barely defensible king?

droit
06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I'd say look up Belnia, but I don't think Adam gives two shits about Vaalor. Worth asking though.

ViridianAsp
06-23-2009, 10:29 PM
This is a potential game changer for mychars rp. Luxury taxes and royal menageries don’t bother him, he agrees with taxing foreign metals... but replacing the obelisk, site of the Koar task in Voln, with a solid gold statue of a barely defensible king?

Yeah, my Vaalor Elf didn't have a problem being taxed.. or the menageries...but that statue kind of annoys the hell out of her.

Geshron
06-23-2009, 11:25 PM
[Ta'Vaalor, Amaranth Court]
Numerous city dwellers wander to and from the northern section of the court, where the large city hall sprawls nearly to the edge of the cobblestoned wey. A solid gold Tyrnian statue stands sentinel in the center of the wey. You also see a dwarven recruiter and a wooden barrel.
Also here: Lord Demjorian, Innkeeper Malwith, Euthea
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

Heh.