PDA

View Full Version : lich/psinet issues

SolitareConfinement
06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
ok used to have lich 3.50 and today i upgraded to Tillmen's Lich. and did it like you normally would with the duel psinet/lich combo...install lich fist then psinet...well the new psinet is being a fucking whore about it and im pretty sure it has to do with the registry keys for the launcher installation because when playing with the "directory" key i can change the error i receive. so all I'm asking for really is someone who has both Tillmens lich and the new psinet running properly on windows xp to possibly copy/paste the key value for

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Simutronics\Launcher

the Directory key

Xaerve
06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
I've heard that Tillmen's version is all kinds of buggy; I haven't used it yet though. That could be the root cause of your issues, though.

Bhuryn
06-22-2009, 04:36 PM
I thought tillman's didn't work with psinet?

Renian
06-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Tillmen's Lich does not currently work with Psinet, and he says that. Tillmen worked on it, and found that Jamus' stuff wouldn't work with Lich as-is, so now Jamus is working in it.

pabstblueribbon
06-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I've heard that Tillmen's version is all kinds of buggy; I haven't used it yet though. That could be the root cause of your issues, though.

Tillmens lich is by far more stable than previous versions, I havent had a single issue and dont regret upgrading at all. Lich is now programmed in ruby only, which has increased stability like crazy. It also has a ton more ways to gather information from the game as well as Narost which is a better version of Psinet Atlas imo.

Renian
06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Tillmens lich is by far more stable than previous versions, I havent had a single issue and dont regret upgrading at all. Lich is now programmed in ruby only, which has increased stability like crazy. It also has a ton more ways to gather information from the game as well as Narost which is a better version of Psinet Atlas imo.

Wait what? Does it have a GUI?

pabstblueribbon
06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah.

Deathravin
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Tillmen's isn't buggy at all as far as I've used it.
It was a bit buggy with this first full ruby release, but it's leaps and bounds better now.

But Tillmen's lich says right where you downloaded it that it is not compatable with Psinet.

SolitareConfinement
06-22-2009, 05:25 PM
figures...guess i'll go back to 3.50 for now...which is fine with me because it runs the few basic scripts that i use it for now hopefully Jamus finds the fix for it.

the magic and spellup system is the main reason i still like it

Morrff
06-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I use 3.56 and it works fine with Psinet. I have not seen the need to switch to tillmens version.

Deathravin
06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
figures...guess i'll go back to 3.50 for now...which is fine with me because it runs the few basic scripts that i use it for now hopefully Jamus finds the fix for it.

the magic and spellup system is the main reason i still like it

Can't find what you don't care to look for.
3.57 works fine for most people that care about Psinet. I recommend using Infomonitor2 though.

Renian
06-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah.

WANT

Well, actually, only if it's at the same speed or faster than Atlas, unlike ;goto.