PDA

View Full Version : Stupid GMs

The Sponge
02-26-2004, 01:47 PM
A couple of us wanted a new PRO that we wanted to call House Hetaera. That's a roman word for courtesan. We did all the wording for what we wanted to do and followed policy, and Andraste told us we couldn't do that. What good are PRO's if we can't do what we want. It isn't like we were going to give sex to 10 year olds.

Kia
02-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by The Sponge
A couple of us wanted a new PRO that we wanted to call House Hetaera. That's a roman word for courtesan. We did all the wording for what we wanted to do and followed policy, and Andraste told us we couldn't do that. What good are PRO's if we can't do what we want. It isn't like we were going to give sex to 10 year olds.

Did she say why?

KIA.

crazymage
02-26-2004, 02:04 PM
i thought mitra ran PRO'S

Mint
02-26-2004, 02:20 PM

What was the wording you used? Hard to make a judgement on whether the GM was unfair or not without that info.

Moist Happenings
02-26-2004, 02:24 PM
What about sex with 10 year olds?

Can I join?

Er..what I mean by that of course is...what was the wording you used? Hard to make judgement calls without that part.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-26-2004, 02:37 PM
I tried making house "Sex You Up" and got told the same thing! Damn bastards!

Galleazzo
02-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Trying to open a whorehouse or something?

Parkbandit
02-26-2004, 02:45 PM

Courtesan - A woman prostitute, especially one whose clients are members of a royal court or men of high social standing.

Gee.. what a bitch Andraste is for not letting you open a fucking skank house in Gemstone. How unfair. :sniffle:

Fallen
02-26-2004, 02:47 PM
No sympathy here for the bordello, I see.

Moist Happenings
02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
...I paid for sex once.

I had sex with my girlfriend's sister and she found out about it.

Oh god did I pay.

Anebriated
02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
that is probably the sex ring from vaalor. i have heard about them multiple times recently. if they got a whore house i would be even more disappointed with SIMU.

MPSorc
02-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Sex ring in Vaalor? I must be blind, i thought folks there were just being friendly with each other.

Bobmuhthol
02-26-2004, 03:32 PM
<<That's a roman word for courtesan.>>

I don't mind the courtesan.

I wouldn't allow it strictly because you used a Roman word. Fucking idiot. OH LOOK I'M IN GEMSTONE IT'S ROME TIME.

Fengus
02-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Nothing wrong with latin words, at least half european culture and espcially their languages are all based on their latin heritage. A real good example of an unchanged roman artifact in GS is the pilum, although its origins date back to greece I believe.

Latrinsorm
02-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
Nothing wrong with latin words,Until an Elanthian archaeologist digs up a statue of Caeser, yes there is. Latin tribes never existed in Elanthia, thus having words from their language is dumb when they aren't completely necessary. Weapon names are necessary. House names aren't.

Parkbandit
02-26-2004, 04:10 PM
The "Common" language has many references to words with roman origin.

Galleazzo
02-26-2004, 04:17 PM
House names aren't? You gotta be shitting me. We got names from half a dozen languages in GS. Aspis, Brigatta, Jakarta, those are real world names. We got a zillion languages on items and weapons ... why use a Scottish word like claid when you can call it a frigging greatsword?

Latrinsorm
02-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
House names aren't? You gotta be shitting me. You think House names are necessary?

Parkbandit
02-26-2004, 04:42 PM
I don't think the issue with the house not getting approved was the name.. I think it was in the translation (Basically a whore house).

Warriorbird
02-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Doing ho activities with ho tendencies, hos is your friends and hos is your enemies...

Bobmuhthol
02-26-2004, 05:12 PM
<<Nothing wrong with latin words, at least half european culture and espcially their languages are all based on their latin heritage.>>

Right, but Common = English, and English != Latin. No matter how many words are based off Latin, WE DO NOT SPEAK LATIN WE SPEAK ENGLISH WHAT THE FUCK WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE A POINT WHEN YOU DON'T.!?

Caramia
02-26-2004, 09:42 PM

Mitra is in charge of PROs, Andraste has nothing to do with them, so she couldn't have possibly turned down your request.

Artha
02-26-2004, 09:45 PM
why use a Scottish word like claid when you can call it a frigging greatsword?

Because a claidhmore is not a greatsword, it is a claidhmore.

Mistomeer
02-26-2004, 09:49 PM
The important thing about PRO's is that Bob has one. Why would you need your own? Join House Awesomeness!!!!1

Bobmuhthol
02-26-2004, 10:06 PM
<<Because a claidhmore is not a greatsword, it is a claidhmore.>>

OMG 0wn3d.

I don't know why you're whining, anyway; a claidhmore is not a real weapon. Claymore is.

Kia
02-26-2004, 10:24 PM
So who is all trying to get this group together? You guys have a sign up sheet or something? :D

KIA.

crazymage
02-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Kia's not only a member shes a client!

SpunGirl
02-27-2004, 05:47 AM
/bitchslap Sponge

Sorry, dude, Mitra is in charge of PROs. I know this because I RUN a fucking PRO. The PRO boards, PRO requests (items like pins and sashes) .... all this stuff goes through Mitra. Not Andraste. Andraste is in charge of WEDDINGS.

I've got nothing against airing a bitch if you feel you've been treated unfairly, but grab a clue and at least blame the right person.

Also, I don't see how you were treated unfairly. Lisu was asked to leave, the last thing we need is a whole fucking HOUSE of Lisus.

-K

The Sponge
02-27-2004, 01:31 PM
"House Hetaera seeks to provide a welcoming space for mature Elanthians who want to explore the full spectrum of life's pleasures. The good life need be a dream no more! Come, join with us, and you will find that all you have fantasized about can really come true. Discretion assured; enjoyment expected!"

That's what Babs wrote and put up.

Amaron
02-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Mitra is in charge of PRo's and she is very fair... more than fair.

I know I also RUN one. So please get your facts straight.

Please post the letter you sent as a request and "Andraste's" response.

I think we could all make a call on this if we were better informed...

J

MaryJane
02-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I can't believe you are shocked it was denied.

Galleazzo
02-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I know, we can torture people to death all we want and sacrifice babies in loresongs, but sex behind locked door, ooo, can't have that.

:stupid:

Latrinsorm
02-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Yeah, I know, we can torture people to death all we want and sacrifice babies in loresongs, but sex behind locked door, ooo, can't have that.Uh, welcome to America. What do you think this is, Europe? (sorry overseas people)

Weedmage Princess
02-27-2004, 02:32 PM
:lol2:

Parkbandit
02-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Oh come on.. this obviously is a fabrication. No one in their right mind would expect such a PRO to be approved.

The Sponge must be laughing at us for initially believing it.

CrystalTears
02-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Maybe Mitra passed on the request to Andraste, they both had a good laugh over it and Andraste decided to be the one to say not only no, but hell no.

The day they approve a whorehouse as a PRO, I want the family game status lifted and changed to mature, the letter to parents deleted, and let me say "FUCK!" when I die without being soaped. Thanks.

J-Tech
02-27-2004, 02:54 PM
What are PRO's? Some one give me the rundown?

J.T.

Galleazzo
02-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Sorta like baby Houses without all the fuss and the building. You get a few people together and register as one at a town hall, and then you're a semi-official group that can rent the town hall for things.

Bobmuhthol
02-27-2004, 03:12 PM
<<that can rent the town hall for things.>>

You can rent a tent/food cart when you're a second rank (or whatever the fuck they call it) PRO. You can also reserve one of the two meeting rooms in the hall as a second rank PRO. To be one, you need one or two events and have existed for six months.

btw the pricing for tents: :thumbsdown:

Caramia
02-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Maybe Mitra passed on the request to Andraste, they both had a good laugh over it and Andraste decided to be the one to say not only no, but hell no.

Yeah I'm almost sure this is the way GMs make decisions over things!

As Spun said, Mitra is PROs and Andraste weddings, she handled my wedding too. One has nothing to do with the other and The Sponge still hasn't provided any proof this really happened.

With the innuendoish blurb that "Babs" posted, whoever Babs is, I'm not surprised that any GM, be it Mitra, Andraste, or even Melissa herself, would turn down such a request. It's obvious from the context that it's nothing more than a whore house, which goes against their whole "family" environment. They couldn't have really expected their request to be taken seriously.

And what goes on behind closed doors is private (or supposed to be). There's a big difference between discretion, and advertising sex.

SpunGirl
02-27-2004, 08:36 PM
I like how sponge just merrily skipped over the part that he/she/it is blaming the wrong GM for this. I doubt the mods on this board would appreciate it very much if someone said, "Yeah, that (explitive) Crystal Tears said I couldn't post that, yada yada," when it was really someone else, and they just fingered CT for their complaint at random.

Dumbass.

-K

Edited to add: Especially if it was as idiotic a complaint as this one!

[Edited on 2-28-2004 by SpunGirl]

Caramia
02-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I like how sponge just merrily skipped over the part that he/she/it is blaming the wrong GM for this.

You noticed that too, heh. What have we got now? We have some mysterious "Babs" person posting the information somewhere and that's all.

PROs have no houses. They use very public meeting halls (so no sex or other private room type actions would be allowed). The Sponge is probably a little confused, about which GM turned it down, and also what the group was really applying for.

Since The Sponge has admitted that "Babs" posted the information somewhere, I'm also guessing that this "Babs" person is the one who knows what really happened, and The Sponge is probably just spouting off some misinformation.

Wouldn't be the first time. Shame on those of you who are gullible people, so quick to judge, and so willing to believe anything bad. Jokes on you!

Bobmuhthol
02-27-2004, 09:24 PM
<<PROs have no houses.>>

That's partially incorrect.

CrystalTears
02-27-2004, 09:32 PM
So who else was going to be part of this group? We already have Babs. Did she invite Tiffany, Amber, Candy, Missy and the other valley girls too? Anyone else a little uncomfortable that someone called "The Sponge" wanted to be part of a whore house? Is he the "protection"? Oh lord, please make it stop. :lol:

Jonty
02-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
What are PRO's? Some one give me the rundown?

J.T.

In addition to the answers you've already recieved, Player Run Organization.

SpunGirl
02-27-2004, 09:53 PM
So who else was going to be part of this group? We already have Babs......

Teeoncy, Gracy, and Lisu.

-K

Caramia
02-27-2004, 10:10 PM

So who else was going to be part of this group? We already have Babs......

Teeoncy, Gracy, and Lisu.

-K

Vif, Violenttmoon, Amberain.

CrystalTears
02-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh man I opened a can of worms. :lol:

Would Augie be comedy relief in between jobs?

SpunGirl
02-28-2004, 06:36 PM
The Sponge pisses me off. He comes in here with stupid accusations against the WRONG fucking GM and can't back shit up when people question him/her/it about it.

I think The Sponge is a big fat liar. I'd be surprised if he or anyone presented this group to ANY GM, much less Andraste.

-K

Some Rogue
02-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Would Augie be comedy relief in between jobs?

She'd have to actually be funny first.

Caiylania
02-29-2004, 09:02 AM
I feel really sorry for any GM who has to put up with crap like this. Ugh. :thumbsdown:

Caramia
02-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Caiylania
I feel really sorry for any GM who has to put up with crap like this. Ugh. :thumbsdown:

I'll agree with you there, Caiylania.

I also feel really sorry for those who are so quick to jump on the bash-a-GM bandwagon, when they only hear one side of the story, and take it as fact at face value.

There's always at least two sides to every story, and in this case, it's looking like the side we heard is shaping up to be a nice piece of fiction.

[Edited on 2/29/2004 by Caramia]

SpunGirl
02-29-2004, 10:55 PM
How 'bout it, Sponge? I want to know what kind of dumbfuck decides to just make up some shit that a GM has done that has "wronged" them somehow. I'd much rather debate the application of policy over something that actually happened as opposed to this piece of garbage.

-K

Amaron
03-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<PROs have no houses.>>

That's partially incorrect.

After one year a pro can build a ten room house I believe.....

There are guidelines that are clear and accurate on the sg web site....

J

Galleazzo
03-01-2004, 09:57 AM
So who else was going to be part of this group? We already have Babs. Did she invite Tiffany, Amber, Candy, Missy and the other valley girls too? Anyone else a little uncomfortable that someone called "The Sponge" wanted to be part of a whore house? Is he the "protection"? Oh lord, please make it stop. :lol:

Oh, man, you're killing me here, I just snarfed half a cup of coffee!

SpunGirl
03-03-2004, 05:06 PM
And three days later, my guess is that The Sponge heard from someone gravely misinformed that, "hey, those Player's Corner forums will let you say whatever you want, and everyone there loves to bust on GMs, so go post shit there and get your revenge, muahaha."

So The Sponge, having some beef with Andraste over how she probably bitch-slapped him for being a piece of filth, came here to make some shit up.

Nice try.

-K

The Sponge
03-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Babs is the player, *bleep*. She isn't here for you to call a liar either. She said Andraste and I believe her. It's too bad that youall belong in a kindergarten but some GS players want mature things other than pussies dueling at the boulder. So go play with your dollies and to hell with you.

Let us take it easy with the nasty, name-calling, Sponge. You can make your point without it.

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by HarmNone]

Atlanteax
03-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Oi... :weird:

Fengus
03-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Right, but Common = English, and English != Latin. No matter how many words are based off Latin, WE DO NOT SPEAK LATIN WE SPEAK ENGLISH WHAT THE FUCK WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE A POINT WHEN YOU DON'T.!?

What we speak is a combination of Latin and a lots of bits and pieces from various tribes around europe. Our irregular verbs for instance come from these tribes. Our alphabet is almost exactly the Roman alphabet, same with French, German, Spanish and many other european languages. They are all latin deriviatives.

Caramia
03-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Babs is the player, *bleep*. She isn't here for you to call a liar either. She said Andraste and I believe her. It's too bad that youall belong in a kindergarten but some GS players want mature things other than pussies dueling at the boulder. So go play with your dollies and to hell with you.

I'll consider this a lesson you learned then... don't post stuff you can't back up without proof, because in the end, you're the one that looks like the liar.

[Edited on 3/11/2004 by Caramia]

Caramia
03-11-2004, 04:04 PM
... but some GS players want mature things other than pussies dueling at the boulder...

Yes... playing a whore is so mature, as is cybersex in a game. Right.

SpunGirl
03-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Didn't you know, Caramia, the test of a TRUE roleplayer is whether or not their character can effectively whore themselves out in game.

Just look at Lisu.... a true roleplayer among novices.

-K

Caramia
03-12-2004, 04:12 AM
Didn't you know, Caramia, the test of a TRUE roleplayer is whether or not their character can effectively whore themselves out in game.

Just look at Lisu.... a true roleplayer among novices.

-K

And Teeoncy.

LordSagan
03-12-2004, 05:45 AM
DAMN RULES AND LAWS! Why can't we do what we want!

To quote TheSponge "What good are PRO's if we can't do what we want." Useless...useless I say! We have too many rules and laws...nobody should tell us what to do...we should be able to ruin everything around us regardless of the other people who pay the same amount of money as we do...they don't deserve consideration as long as WE GET TO DO WHAT WE WANT....

ANARCHY!

/sarcasm off

Weedmage Princess
03-12-2004, 10:21 AM
I, for one, am glad House Skank didn't get approved.

I am also happy House Benevolence got the nod. Although I think they should have allowed Awesomeness.

Skirmisher
03-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Credit to Bob for even applying under the name "House Awsomeness".

Still makes me laugh.

Caiylania
03-12-2004, 05:37 PM
He has spirit ;)