PDA

View Full Version : A small ton of orb gems...

Kitsun
02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Okay so I have a slew of orb gems.

Tanzania takes the tooled leather bag and inspects the contents carefully before saying, "There are 43 items that I do not deal with at all. I found 2 pieces of jewelry that I do not buy in container deals. I did find 171 gems that I'll give you 1008158 silver for, if you want to sell."

Thats with some trading ranks so its a bit less on the raw value end. Average gem is worth about 5.8k

I didn't bother checking for rechargability. Not sure I can find a bard crazy enough to sing to em all.

Gems are diamonds, emeralds, dragon's-tear emeralds, feystones, blazestars, maernstrike diamonds, ultramarine glimaerstones mostly.

Anyone want to make a beautiful offer for the lot?

Mint
02-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Damn, where the hell do you hunt?

Parkbandit
02-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Damn.. .come rest in the park with that bag open.

Bobmuhthol
02-26-2004, 03:36 PM
I offer 1008159 silver.

FireNewt
02-26-2004, 03:46 PM
well to cross post from the how rich are you post... Looks to me that that gem dealers is richer than all of us. offers you 1m for thoughs gems still wants to buy more and you know he's going to turn around and sell em for 4x what you sold them to him for.... gahhhh

Kitsun
02-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Okaaaay...various replies.

Mint - I hunt in EN. This was accumulated over the past 10 levels or so so it'd be from Blighted forest, Temple Wyneb and Maaghara's Tower.

ParkBandit - Of the 43 items in the bag, 40 of them are active poison needles of varying degrees. Mwhahahaha...

(Okay I'm lying) So no.

Neff - look at Maimara's post.

Maimara - Thank you.

Bobmuthol - Was looking for a noticable increase in price. Thanks for the offer though.

Firenewt - Yeah, all the thieves in the game sure aren't Robinhoods! They're taking from the lil people. Blast em all!

Galleazzo
02-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Where you get lots of gems like that is kiramon near Illistim.

Betheny
02-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Kitsun, would you be interested in selling some of those gems, or is it just a package deal?

I'd like to bless some spells into gems... but I don't have that kind of cash. :-P

CrystalTears
02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
The physics conversation has been moved to off-topic with a similar name. Let's keep this one for the sale of his gems. Thanks.

Edit: Sowwy Kit. <ducks>

[Edited on 2/27/2004 by CrystalTears]

Mint
02-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Haha this is funny. Oh and um, cool gems to btw.

Kitsun
02-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Kitsun, would you be interested in selling some of those gems, or is it just a package deal?

I'd like to bless some spells into gems... but I don't have that kind of cash. :-P

I've got another bag full of lesser gems(pearls, sapphires, rubies) that are orbs as well if you want to bless em. I really didn't think 5k+ gems were worth any of the bless effects.

My AIM SN is KitsunX if you want ta gimme a ring.

If anyone wants to purchase services on top on the gems as well I can work with that. Bravery or WoL gems anyone?

PS: <--- Is a he! *gnaws on CrystalTears*

Bobmuhthol
02-26-2004, 07:12 PM
:S

Vesi
02-26-2004, 09:05 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kitsun
Okay so I have a slew of orb gems.

Tanzania takes the tooled leather bag and inspects the contents carefully before saying, "There are 43 items that I do not deal with at all. I found 2 pieces of jewelry that I do not buy in container deals. I did find 171 gems that I'll give you 1008158 silver for, if you want to sell."

Thats with some trading ranks so its a bit less on the raw value end. Average gem is worth about 5.8k

I didn't bother checking for rechargability. Not sure I can find a bard crazy enough to sing to em all.

Gems are diamonds, emeralds, dragon's-tear emeralds, feystones, blazestars, maernstrike diamonds, ultramarine glimaerstones mostly.

Anyone want to make a beautiful offer for the lot?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you know they are orbs if you don't have a bard sing to them? I know when my bardess sings to gems, the same verse that tells her the gem is an orb is the same verse that will tell her if it is mage rechargeable. Two different responses depending on the gem from the same question she asks the gem. Just curious how you could tell those were orbs without having them sung to.

Nice little bag of gems either way.

Vesi

Kitsun
02-26-2004, 09:09 PM
My cleric has the spell 325, I casted at each one of em. Holy receptacle only takes to orbs.

Of all the topics I've started, I never would've bet on this one to kickstart a tangent.

----------------------------------

Uhhh yeah now this Q and A is posted in both threads. Har. So anyone reading it twice, if this is your only indication of insanity, then it isn't accurate. Continue going insane as you will.

Ooga Chaka
02-26-2004, 11:53 PM
Hmmm...are have your gems been purified? If not, there's your substantial increase in value. Find some crazy bard who wants to make some coin, offer them 1/3 of the increased value. 2/3 of that increased value goes into your pocket. If that same crazy bard is willing to check them all to see if they are orbs...and you are willing to sit and sort while they do it. You're looking at a huge increase in value. Don't bother with the second part if you're already rich. If you're not rich, it should be well worth your time.

Vesi
02-27-2004, 12:11 AM
My cleric has the spell 325, I casted at each one of em. Holy receptacle only takes to orbs.

Of all the topics I've started, I never would've bet on this one to kickstart a tangent.

----------------------------------

Uhhh yeah now this Q and A is posted in both threads. Har. So anyone reading it twice, if this is your only indication of insanity, then it isn't accurate. Continue going insane as you will.

I never knew that spell exsisted. So, now I understand how you can tell a gem is an orb.

The reason it's in two threads is that I was wondering if I posted in the wrong thread to begin with. CT said she moved my post by accident and that I could delete and post again in this thread. (which I did... it's no longer in the other thread) I guess you answered in the other thread before I realized you had and deleted my post there.

Sorry if you thought I was harping. I was only asking an honest question since I've never played a cleric.

Vesi... not on a tangent

Vesi
02-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Ooga Chaka
Hmmm...are have your gems been purified? If not, there's your substantial increase in value. Find some crazy bard who wants to make some coin, offer them 1/3 of the increased value. 2/3 of that increased value goes into your pocket. If that same crazy bard is willing to check them all to see if they are orbs...and you are willing to sit and sort while they do it. You're looking at a huge increase in value. Don't bother with the second part if you're already rich. If you're not rich, it should be well worth your time.

If they are orbs, they cannot bet purified.

However, anyone with lots of gems, it is worth finding a bard to purify them. Even if one or two get blown up, you normally come out ahead.

Vesi

Kitsun
02-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Didn't think you were harpin' Vesi, the spell is relatively new and some clerics with the spell don't even realize its there or its true potential(or lack thereof)! The timing was just off in all possible ways heh. When I got back from class I didn't even notice this thread at first.

I've never really thought of seeking out a bard, the time spent trying to find one, having them accumulate in weight and then having to shift and sort while they sing to em is painful in ways that silver can't salve.

Is each purification song stackable on the subsequent cast? The spell description says 10% value up, does it increase as a flat rate or does it tail off?

Latrinsorm
02-27-2004, 12:42 AM
>who profession bard
Brave Adventurers Questing:
Total: 28

>who

Active Players: 840

Yowza. To be fair, though, if their prof title is off, they aren't counted amongst bards. There could be almost 35. :D

Vesi
02-27-2004, 12:50 AM
Didn't think you were harpin' Vesi, the spell is relatively new and some clerics with the spell don't even realize its there or its true potential(or lack thereof)! The timing was just off in all possible ways heh. When I got back from class I didn't even notice this thread at first.

I've never really thought of seeking out a bard, the time spent trying to find one, having them accumulate in weight and then having to shift and sort while they sing to em is painful in ways that silver can't salve.

Is each purification song stackable on the subsequent cast? The spell description says 10% value up, does it increase as a flat rate or does it tail off?

Thanks. Glad you thought I wasn't trying to be shrewish.

I don't know the exact percentages (because I hate math) but it is stackable in a way. (in other words you can keep singing to purify... you just need to know when to stop) Maybe a bard wouldn't mind talking to you about it. They do like to brag a bit, you know?<grin> (I would post the responses but I think it's more fun discovering them)

Vesi

Galleazzo
02-27-2004, 10:16 AM
It's 10% of the original value per cast.

Kitsun
04-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Small bump and the bag now has...

Tanzania takes the tooled leather bag and inspects the contents carefully before saying, "There are 47 items that I do not deal with at all. I did find 216 gems that I'll give you 1315089 silver for, if you want to sell."

Like 43 of the 47 other items are nifty scrolls.

Do we have any scroll rechargers about willing to work?

A good portion of the scrolls have heroism, I'd like to keep those. But I have a few wizard ones with 905, 503, 913, Rangerly ones and clerical ones I'd be willing to barter with. Of course I'd be willing to give up orb gems as well. Can pay silvers, too.