PDA

View Full Version : GemStone is still up and running?

Klaive
06-16-2009, 12:11 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/importedsmilies/wtf.png

SolitareConfinement
06-16-2009, 12:23 PM
and why does this come as a surprise?

StrayRogue
06-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Haha the fat loser is back.

Xaerve
06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm calling BS.

NocturnalRob
06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
shenanigans!!

Fallen
06-16-2009, 01:04 PM
This isn't Klaive. I THINK Klaive has an SN for these boards. If so, this person would be impersonating him, and should therefore be banned.

Klaive
06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm just surprised that people still play this game after all these years.

StrayRogue is as charming as ever, I see.

So what big changes have taken place in GS since I've been gone? Anything worth noting?

I've been out of touch with the online community for some time. I did quite a lot of work for the Obama campaign last year and ended up getting neck-deep in political world. No clue yet if it'll lead me anywhere, but it's certainly very exciting for me.

Did they ever add any new races or anything? It's been like what.. ten years?

CrystalTears
06-16-2009, 01:12 PM
This isn't Klaive. I THINK Klaive has an SN for these boards. If so, this person would be impersonating him, and should therefore be banned.
That login was deleted. He would have had to create another one anyway.

Why would anyone want to be known as Klaive other than the original anyway?

The Ponzzz
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
The real Klaive what at least know what to say to me.

Fallen
06-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Lots of new changes, hard to tell if you (If you're actually Klaive) would like them or not.

New races are terrible - Aelotoi (genetically messed up humans from a kiramon world), 2 different types of gnomes (seriously), Erithi (Think bald Samurai elves), and Half-krolvin

New Profession - Paladin Super physical semi. Think warrior with spells

Another profession is supposed to be coming out soon, which is Monks. it is a but of a running joke, as they were supposed to be out in 04.

New Society - Guardians of Sunfist - Basically neutral society, not good or evil

The adventurer guild - Badass shit

Alchemy - Crappy ass shit (Pure guild skill)

Empaths are now the best hunting pures, if you can believe it. OTHER THAN THAT, not much has changed, really.

- Evarin's Player

Sylvan Dreams
06-16-2009, 01:41 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3909/758660-lolcat_super.jpg

Androidpk
06-16-2009, 05:03 PM
New Society - Guardians of Sunfist - Basically neutral society, not good or evil

- Evarin's Player

How is Sunfist considered neutral?

Ryvicke
06-16-2009, 05:23 PM
How is Sunfist considered neutral?

I think maybe in the grand scheme of the Arkati, Voln is obviously Liabo aligned and hell, you can't fuck with Sheruvian monks half the time if you're in CoL so you could argue it's Lornon aligned.

Sunfist just wants you to fuck up trolls.

Latrinsorm
06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Didn't Klaive write Aelotoi pr0n at one time? +10 skepticism.

Tolwynn
06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Lesbian aelotoi and halfling piercing pr0n, no less. That's got to be worth at least +25.

Ryvicke
06-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Someone's gotta have a copy of that somewhere and I'm bored as hell at work. POST PLS.

The Ponzzz
06-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Klaive played when the new races were released, this is just another alt account.

Hulkein
06-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I did quite a lot of work for the Obama campaign last year

Proof that Obama supporters are twisted. Commence impeachment proceedings immediately IMHO.

Renian
06-16-2009, 10:20 PM
you can't fuck with Sheruvian monks half the time if you're in CoL so you could argue it's Lornon aligned.

That's a CoL only thing? I thought it was just something they did to everyone.

Daniel
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Proof that Obama supporters are twisted. Commence impeachment proceedings immediately IMHO.

dude, totlly not cool

Methais
06-17-2009, 04:15 AM
I did quite a lot of work for the Obama campaign last year and ended up getting neck-deep in political world. No clue yet if it'll lead me anywhere, but it's certainly very exciting for me.

Stfu with the bullshit. Are you a ninja yet or not?

Methais
06-17-2009, 04:16 AM
you can't fuck with Sheruvian monks half the time if you're in CoL

Why not? I don't remember anything like that when I was in CoL.

Daniel
06-17-2009, 09:25 PM
dude, totlly not cool

GemStone is still up... 06-17-2009 04:04 AM lrn2humor - Gan

Irony.

Kyra231
06-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Why not? I don't remember anything like that when I was in CoL.

There's something that prevents you from casting at them. A 'sympathetic pull' in your mind or some message I remember when I was hunting there with COL.

Ryvicke
06-17-2009, 10:46 PM
There's something that prevents you from casting at them. A 'sympathetic pull' in your mind or some message I remember when I was hunting there with COL.

Yep, same thing with a few other creatures too--Frenzied Monks in Ta'Vaalor have the same thing as do Sheruvian Initiates and a few others. I always thought it was a holdover from waaaay back in the day when CoL actually meant something--but they seemingly also added to to the Monks in TV whenever the EN opened so I guess it was a purposeful decision.

And yeah, only CoL'ers get the "sympathetic pull" and no matter what you're doing (casting, firing a bow, whatever) it's 5s of RT.

ZeP
06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
but they seemingly also added to to the Monks in TV whenever the EN opened so I guess it was a purposeful decision.

Is the creature a copy of the landing area sheruvians? There are a couple critters throughout the lands just renamed something else.. i.e. Solhaven wood wight = arch wight.

4a6c1
06-18-2009, 12:04 AM
KLAIVE!!!

Ninja! Are you the Panda from Kung Fu Panda?! Teach me karate plz.

Methais
06-18-2009, 03:30 AM

Weird. I was in CoL back at that level and I hunted the shit out of sheruvian monks/initiates and I never got that or the 5 second RT Ryvicke mentioned.

Rimalon
06-18-2009, 04:05 AM
And yeah, only CoL'ers get the "sympathetic pull" and no matter what you're doing (casting, firing a bow, whatever) it's 5s of RT.

Not quite. Everyone gets it, regardless of society. In addition to the creatures you listed, I believe it's also famously present on monastic liches and spectral monks in the Lyserian Hills.

I think "empathic tug" is the official term for it, too.

Ryvicke
06-18-2009, 06:40 AM
I'd go test that Rimalon--I hunted all the critters mentioned with my Voln cleric and my CoL ranger at the same time and only experienced the pull on the ranger...

Also, with the cleric I often hunted with a pure empath who was a CoL'er and she often got the "pull" while in many levels I never got it. I know cause everytime she got the "pull" (which everyone can see, I think it shows like... a moment of hesitation or something) she did the same weird verb: CRY BRAVE.

I can't confirm Sunfist cause I haven't hunted any of them mentioned while in Sunfist.

Also, I know this isn't definitive proof that I'm right or anything, but Krakiipedia backs me up:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Sheruvian_monk

Fallen
06-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Empathic tug was/is awesome. I always wanted them to get that spell effect. It would fit a hell of a lot better than most of the stuff they have now.

Beguiler
06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I hunted both my Voln bard and CoL Sorc in Ta'Vaalor, bard never got the tug, but sorc got it from both sacristan spirits in the Lower Weald, and Frenzied Monks in the Upper Weald..annoying as heck, but kinda cool.

Rimalon
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I'd go test that Rimalon--I hunted all the critters mentioned with my Voln cleric and my CoL ranger at the same time and only experienced the pull on the ranger...http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Sheruvian_monk

NO. I PREFER TO USE MY MEMORY FROM 12 YEARS AGO, HUNTING LICHES.

So, because I'm lazy, I will submit to your rightness. Just seems weird to me to have ancient code in there that only tugs on CoL members.

...Oh wait, this is Gemstone. nm.

Timjirdos
06-20-2009, 11:31 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/importedsmilies/wtf.png

Haha the fat loser is back.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/1/26/633685771394996952-theharpoons.jpg

Divinity
06-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Heh. I don't think it's Klaive. He hasn't been around any of his forums since last year.

Not to mention he plays FFXI off and on.

IF it was Klaive.. I would think he would have messaged me by now.

(I wonder if I should just sell Kurapira's stuff already.)