PDA

View Full Version : Skill Migration Program

Nakiro
02-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Would you find a program that kept a character logged into Gemstone useful for skill migration?

Jamus is currently looking into creating an option for his AutoSGE that will check to see if a specified character is logged in game, and if that character isn't logged in game it would automantically log the character in. This would be ideal for keeping characters logged in for skill migration reasons.

It will most likely run in conjunction with his Psinet client. Both of these programs are available at his website : http://psinet.cjb.net/ . If you haven't tried Psinet yet, take a look! More people are using it every day for lively talk and game help.

The AutoSGE will also likely later be updated to be stormfront compatible.

Nakiro
02-25-2004, 08:10 PM
I forgot to mention, if you have any additional features you would like to see on psinet, please feel free to contact Jamus at psinet@psinet.cjb.net or via AIM as JamusPsi .

Drew2
02-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Yay 4 Jamus.

I think that's pretty neat.

Latrinsorm
02-25-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't believe in CHEATING.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check my l33t hunting script to make sure I'm not being GM-bitch-slapped.

JamusPsi
02-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Actually, it won't require PsiNet at all to run. The general concept will be that you login the character, but it won't start the Wizard FE or StormFront- instead, it'll open a small window that you can hide to your system tray which keeps keeps your character from idling out and displays your current stat overview.

Off the top of my head, it should look something like this.

Nakiro
02-25-2004, 08:23 PM
How is it cheating?

Bobmuhthol
02-25-2004, 08:28 PM
You need to absorb experience for the skill migrator to change.

Or, it speeds it up a lot, anyway.

Nakiro
02-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I don't think that's right Bob. I've done a ton of migrating and have noticed no difference between a full head and a clear mind. From the documentation, the only factor for migration rates are how many points you've migrated so far, and how many skills you are migrating at once.

Bobmuhthol
02-25-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm not dumb enough to have to use the system so I'm really just reporting hearsay, but I've been told it took people up to 8 hours for something that should have taken 3, and it was much faster when they were active than when they were AFK.

Latrinsorm
02-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
How is it cheating? Was a joke.

Nakiro
02-25-2004, 08:40 PM
That's probably because they're migrating skills. At the most, it takes 21 hours to migrate one training point from a skill out, and that's assuming you're only migrating one skill. If you are migrating three skills, it takes 63 hours, and at the end of that time each skill will migrate out 1 point.

People probably think its faster because they leave the game on all night, come back and its still 3 hours to go, play for another 4, come back in 3 hours, and the 21 hour period has passed. Then they contribute gaining experience for making their skills migrate faster.

But that's not how it works ';o)

Drew2
02-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Bob is wrong. I've been migrating for over almost a month now and there is no change between Exp drain or no.

He's probably confused -- when you first start migrating, the points transfer pretty fast. After I think 65ish points have transfered, it slows WAY down. Like .1 point or less per hour.

crazymage
02-25-2004, 08:47 PM
i think a psinet option just to keep you in game with out having to use messenger or rest mode would be good.

Bobmuhthol
02-25-2004, 09:04 PM
<<He's probably confused>>

I'm not confused, as I already said, I never experienced this because my training was done the first day I logged in. I've never encountered migrating except when it was instant.

Nakiro
02-25-2004, 11:47 PM
The AutoSGE is now Stormfront compatible.