PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard/Mouse Help

Fallen
06-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Hey guys,

My Mouse and Keyboard only work once Vista/Windows 7 has fully loaded. For instance, whenever my computer gets accidently turned off, I cannot click on that black screen which tells you to boot normally, or in Safe mode, etc. The Keyboard doesn't work at all. I have to wait it out.

Second, the mouse/Keyboard will NOT work when a game is not in full screen. The Keyboard/Mouse will remain "stuck" on the desktop, and not transfer into the game. I'm really fucked, because I set Doom 3 to run not in full screen, and now I cannot change it back because I cannot use the mouse or keyboard when I try to play. You can't change graphics settings anywhere but in game, too.

Why the FUCK is that happening? Is there any fix?

Fallen
06-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Man, this is driving me nuts. I can ALT-TAB away from the game, and back into the desktop...and that is the problem. I cannot use the keyboard for anything IG.

Back
06-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Wish I could help. But I can’t... Mac guy.

Reboot?

Fallen
06-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Wouldn't be an issue if I were using a mac!!! because you can't really play most games on the mac. No. Rebooting wont help because it isn't a "glitch". The computer wants to run like this. It is an option or driver I need to change.

The Scholar
06-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Has it always done this? Just start recently? Accidently spill water on it? My keyboard acts funny if the kids get something on it and does all kinds of crazy things. Also, if it's 'going' it could also act funny. Try plugging in a different keyboard and see if that solves the problem.

Fallen
06-13-2009, 07:51 AM
No damage to the keyboard. I think it has something to do with the drivers, as it seems to be a vista/windows 7 problem. These are USB devices, and it seems that once Vista/W7 gets a hold of them, they want to run in a very specific way, and outside of those designations they might as well not be installed. I attempted to uninstall the game, which didn't work, then the uninstall would just crash when you tried to open it. I think deleted the game manually, which the game didn't recognize I didn't so for a time I couldn't re-install it.

Took me about 2 hours to finally get it to reinstall. What a pain in the ass.

The Scholar
06-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Did this fix the problem?

I use Vista (just recently) and so far haven't encountered this kind of a problem, but I already miss using XP. Hopefully this type of thing isn't in my future.

Fallen
06-13-2009, 12:38 PM
It fixed the problem because the game was no longer in a window mode, as opposed to fullscreen. Nothing for the problem.