PDA

View Full Version : the ATTUNE Verb

Lord Orbstar
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I cannot find documentation on what effects the various elements you can attune to do. I assume attuning fire helps you immolate, etc. but i would like to read up on it.

Google search let me down. it has to be more than just what your eblade does....

HSB
06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
it has to be more than just what your eblade does....

You'd think, huh? In my experience, that's all it does, save affect the type of wyrdling you occasionally get as a familiar, and the most likely color of your disk. Everything else is dependent on your lore training.

Kitsun
06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Not really. Eblade, weaponfire, major ewave and what color your Thurfel's Warding sparkles.

HSB
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Not really. Eblade, weaponfire, major ewave and what color your Thurfel's Warding sparkles.

:yeahthat:

I never use eblade, wfire, or major ewave... so forgot about those. :)

The Ponzzz
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Elemental strike too, right?

Swami71
06-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Elemental strike too, right?

right 415 too

Morrff
06-11-2009, 08:39 PM
You'd think, huh? In my experience, that's all it does, save affect the type of wyrdling you occasionally get as a familiar, and the most likely color of your disk. Everything else is dependent on your lore training.

It does not, from my experience affect the color of your disk. Lore seems to effect it, certain things held in the left hand effect it.

Also attuning effects what the third parties see when the wizard CHANTS, or maybe it was not chant... Just tried it and it was not what I remember having happen. I'll figure it out and edit

Barundar
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
You might be thinking of the shows with the casting gloves. Oh, and it does have SOME effect on disks. I think water wizards will get icy blue, but wont get the translucent that an air wizard gets, other descriptions for other attunements but I'm not sure what they are (fiery red for fire?). I think unattuned mages can get all of them.

Kitsun
06-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, apparently there's a ton of very tiny effects that no one person remembers them all. Many are cosmetic. The few that aren't really are not a part of my mage's aresenal.