PDA

View Full Version : Sturdy Vultite Naginata

Fulmen
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Here's a vultite naginata for sale. Found in a Grimswarm camp. Tykel doesn't make this sort of thing, so there aren't many around.

"A sturdy vultite naginata"

4x, blessable. Weighs 7 lbs. Bard sung at 1.3m.

MB: 300k

Xorai
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
A long time ago, you used to be able to eblade those naginatas to 8x. I forget what all factored into it, but pretty sure if it was a vultite nag, could be ebladed to 8x.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Fulmen
06-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Tried to eblade it, but it didn't work out. I did cast purify on it first to test if it was blessable and perhaps that interfered. It probably isn't ebladable, but I'll test it again.

Swami71
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
A long time ago, you used to be able to eblade those naginatas to 8x. I forget what all factored into it, but pretty sure if it was a vultite nag, could be ebladed to 8x.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they were steel but used to have a +20 modifier to them. So an ebladed steel would show up as a +40 bonus in a loresong. They now have that +20 bonus added into the AvD.

Xorai
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I think they were steel but used to have a +20 modifier to them. So an ebladed steel would show up as a +40 bonus in a loresong. They now have that +20 bonus added into the AvD.

The ones I remember actually gave you the +40 AS boost and think they were vultite. You are probably right though, I have a pretty bad memory. Good luck with your sale, nice weapon.

thefarmer
06-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Naginatas have been sold at at least one event every year, if not more than once. They're not rare really, just not used that frequently by players.

With that said, that starting price is more than fair.

Dhuul
06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I always liked e-blading the old school ones. you end up with the same AS but you get the flare. Unless of course you like blessable, then definitely go vultite. Omens agreed in 2004!

>kill omens
You swing a wire bound shafted naginata at Omens!
AS: +432 vs DS: +233 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +87 = +315
... and hit for 111 points of damage!
Hard slash to Omens's side!
Left arm no longer available for use.
He is stunned!
The guiding force leaves you.
A dark shadowy tendril rises up from Omens's skin, writhes its way up a wire bound shafted naginata towards you and lashes out malevolently...
CS: +353 - TD: +194 + CvA: +12 + d100: +28 - +20 == +179
Warding failed!
You feel the sudden rush of a disease overcome you.
The scintillating red light surrounding the naginata fades some.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
!R>kill omens
You swing a wire bound shafted naginata at Omens!
AS: +357 vs DS: +227 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +22 = +181
... and hit for 37 points of damage!
Slash to Omens's weapon hand!
Several fingers fly!

* Omens drops dead at your feet!

The air calms down around Omens.
The deep blue glow leaves Omens.
The white light leaves Omens.
The very powerful look leaves Omens.
A shadow seems to detach itself from Omens's body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
The bright luminescence fades from around Omens.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Omens.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves Omens.
The light blue glow leaves Omens.
Omens glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The powerful look leaves Omens.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Omens.

A small elf child cries out, "Murder!". His mother then sends him off for the Guard Captain.

The scintillating red light surrounding the naginata fades some.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Geshron
06-09-2009, 03:35 AM
300k Nagi

Asha
06-09-2009, 07:49 AM
lol at disease for retribution.

Fulmen
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
300k to Geshron ONCE

Fulmen
06-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Okay, back to the MB. Geshron jest can't use it since he fixskilled.

Fulmen
06-12-2009, 01:46 PM
bump

Senglent
06-12-2009, 02:18 PM

Basically what swami said but I am almost positive the backroom ones used to inspect or loresing as wood. I think they still do but I haven't played in 6 months so who knows. :shrug:

As for Vultite Nag's nope can't e-blade them, but you can enchant them up. I only remeber the ones from the FWI festival a year or two ago being sold as Vultite, the ones at EG last year were White Ora. I am sure there has been some others but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

And as a referance the Vultite ones sold for around Mill off the shelf and the white ora ones sold for......350k? I think. Gretchens (Nilandia's) merchant site should have it where it's easy to look them up for exact pricing from those Fest's.

All in all it's a good price for what you get, and not many of them about cause not many wanted to pay those trumped up prices to the GM's for something that was not all that spectacular in mechanics, even though I got two of the Vultite ones but mine are +30 and +25 now.

Fulmen
06-16-2009, 02:50 PM
bump

Fulmen
06-20-2009, 12:48 AM
bump

Fulmen
06-23-2009, 04:12 PM
bump