PDA

View Full Version : Oversized mahogany wagon

Back
06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Whats the deal with this wagon just over the bridge to Fearling Pass?

And what do the whetstones do???

Just scripty fun?

You settle the haft of your white steel handaxe carefully between your legs, resting its bladed head on your thigh, and clasp the wedge-shaped whetstone with a sure grip. Favoring the side with a coarser grit, you slowly run the whetstone along the edge of the handaxe's blade with loving care.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
You peer critically along the curve of the white steel handaxe's bladed head and slowly work your wedge-shaped whetstone along its edge, removing several notches and nicks along the way.
>
You carefully work your wedge-shaped whetstone along the edge of the handaxe's blade with practiced ease, removing several notches and nicks along the way.
>
You carefully work your wedge-shaped whetstone along the edge of the handaxe's blade with practiced ease, removing several notches and nicks along the way.
>
>
Turning the wedge-shaped whetstone over to favor the finer grit, you slowly run it along the handaxe's blade with great care, honing its edge to greater sharpness.
>
With loving care, you slowly run the wedge-shaped whetstone along the handaxe's blade, honing its edge to razor sharpness.
>
With loving care, you slowly run the wedge-shaped whetstone along the handaxe's blade, honing its edge to razor sharpness.
>
You lovingly run your wedge-shaped whetstone down the edge of your white steel handaxe's blade, building a barely audible hum in the metal. As the whetstone leaves the blade's edge, the hum resolves into a clear ringing note that reverberates through the air.

Holding the still singing handaxe out at arm's length, you admire the gleam of its razor-sharp edge and the work you've done.

Praefection
06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
The tunics are armor concealers but I think they're only for light leathers. And umm... the kits are scripted to only hold herbs. I know the pouches have two different sides and I have no clue about the scabbards.

Seizer
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Whetstones just for fun as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to improve anything on my characters blades.
The kits are nice for herbs I think when you rummage it tells you something to the effect of a wingstem potion in the loops, acantha leaf in the compartment etc. You can also put other junk in the kits too. Just doesn't do the fancy thing it does with herbs.

ViridianAsp
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I got one of those whetstones it's just for fun.

DaCapn
06-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Is it still there? What else is there and how much are these things?

Nilandia
06-09-2009, 01:40 AM
The pouches have two compartments in them which is nice for organization, though they appear to take up three spots in a locker.

You can rummage through the herb kits and the pouches to get an organized inventory of what's in them, and what's in where.

The tunics only cover rigid leather and below.

Rolls of material can be used to bind wounds. Pull them to get a bandage, pour a tincture on it, then tend the appropriate area on the other person with the bandage. The wound will be healed as if with the herb, and the bandage will appear as being wound around that body part. Once it's removed, the bandage is discarded. Larger rolls of material have more bandages than smaller.

Can't tell anything about the scabbards aside from they are lightly scripted when putting in weapons.

Gretchen

Seizer
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Is it still there? What else is there and how much are these things?
Still there.
Pouches 48800 silvers
Scabbards 48800 silvers
Large rolls of (bandage) 24400 silvers
Small rolls of (bandage) 7500 silvers
One bandage 488 silvers
Whetstones 24400 silvers
Packs 96000 silvers
Kits 48800 silvers
Armor concealing tunics 195200 silvers

Character who checked is not elf and has no trading skill ranks.

Also bought a armor concealer, and it didn't want to cover much checked ASG 5-12 and said it did not fully cover it. So I wasted my money and if anyone wants it at eh make that 150k, send me a PM. Also forgot to add that it holds a small amount.

SayGoodbye
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Still there.
Pouches 48800 silvers
Scabbards 48800 silvers
Large rolls of (bandage) 24400 silvers
Small rolls of (bandage) 7500 silvers
One bandage 488 silvers
Whetstones 24400 silvers
Packs 96000 silvers
Kits 48800 silvers
Armor concealing tunics 195200 silvers

Character who checked is not elf and has no trading skill ranks.

Also bought a armor concealer, and it didn't want to cover much checked ASG 5-12 and said it did not fully cover it. So I wasted my money and if anyone wants it at eh make that 150k, send me a PM. Also forgot to add that it holds a small amount.

Hm, my sylvan got charged 50k for the pouches and kits, 25k for the whetstone and 500 for the single bandages. The wagon hates sylvankind!

DaCapn
06-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info, guys.

Back
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Hm, my sylvan got charged 50k for the pouches and kits, 25k for the whetstone and 500 for the single bandages. The wagon hates sylvankind!

I think those are citizen prices as I paid 24400 for the whetstones as well.

Also, the wagon has a locked door... are we in for a travelling merchant?

drigore
06-09-2009, 06:57 PM
The merchant is Dhelgrim or something. He travels all over the place. There is no certainty that he'll show up to merchant. He likes stories of adventure and gems. A bunch of us sat around a campfire one night in the Cairnfang and babbled. Good times.

Back
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
And now it is gone.

Back
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Oof! It’s now in Sylvarraend, Town Commons!

Seizer
06-10-2009, 10:59 AM
I think those are citizen prices as I paid 24400 for the whetstones as well.
Citizen prices by no means, character is a human and citizen of Solhaven. No trading ranks but good influence stat, not sure if that is figured into the number cruncher.

Misun
08-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Does anyone know where the wagon is now?

Back
08-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Something I’ve noticed about those whetstones. The obvious: each weapon has its own messaging. The un-obvious: Only one of my weapons gets the “ringing” message. My perfect forged.

zhelas
08-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Just located north of the gate in the landing.

I wish some of those tunics would cover chain armor instead of just leathers

Misun
08-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks!