PDA

View Full Version : Food Places that Deliver

Drew2
02-24-2004, 07:47 PM
So I'm getting hungry and since I can't force myself to go through the hassle of grocery shopping (YOU try doing it using the bus system), I'm going to order food again.

I'm so. Sick. of pizza.

I had chinese like twice in the past week.

So anyway... what types of food places deliver around you? I KNOW that chinese and pizza can't be the only food in America that will come to you. Give me ideas, please!

Ravenstorm
02-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Some supermarkets let you call in an order and they'll deliver it for a charge.

Raven

Artha
02-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Get a bus to a Subway or something, Tayre.

[Edited on 2-25-2004 by Artha]

GSLeloo
02-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Maybe Indian food? I'm sure a greek or subshop may deliver. Or simply get a sub sandwich from a pizza place.

peam
02-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Learn to cook.

Drew2
02-24-2004, 07:54 PM
/whine

I have to ride the bus at least 2 times a day EVERY DAY OF MY LIVEZ. I get sick of it. And I can't get a job because I'D HAVE TO RIDE THE BUS TO IT. And It's hard to fit in over an hour a day commute (across a 20 mile span... EXPLAIN THAT PLZ.) then go home, change, eat, whatever, then get back on the bus and go somewhere else to work. And not to mention that I can only work at places along the only route that runs by my apartment or I'm fux0red.

So enough of my complaining... what food delivers.

Drew2
02-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by peam
Learn to cook.
I can cook pretty well, thanks.

You need groceries for that, however. I have Mayonaise and corn in my pantry.

Got a recipe for corn and mayonaise soup?

Oh and Tuna.

[Edited on 2-25-2004 by Tayre]

peam
02-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Nothing else at all?

You'd be surprised what you can do with tuna.

Stunseed
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Tuna fish sammiches.

Add mayo and tuna, squirt mustard. No bread, use a spoon.

Bobmuhthol
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
<<You'd be surprised what you can do with tuna.>>

I hear you can eat it. Any truth to this?

Drew2
02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Hi when I said I ONLY have corn tuna and mayonaise, there was no hidden 'bread' in there. Believe me I like tuna sandwiches and wouldn't be bitching if I had bread.

I looked around and I also have:
Sliced Cheese
Peanut Butter
Butter
A box of macaroni (no milk 4 it :()
Ketchup and other condimennts.

Es todos.

Edaarin
02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Pita Pit.
If that fails, try this

www.campusfood.com

We order from there at least 2-3 times a week.

Drew2
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
I also have Ramen but I'd rather starve, thanks.

I say this because I ate -nothing- but Ramen for 2 weeks one time and I almost died. Not literaly but I did.

[Edited on 2-25-2004 by Tayre]

Stunseed
02-24-2004, 08:19 PM
You're too good to roll that tuna in cheese? That'd be cool with me, but some folks don't enjoy that. Also, why don't you try the whole "Gimme a cup of milk for a buck" with a neighbor? Tuna cassarole is straight with me, once a year or so.

Drew2
02-24-2004, 08:22 PM
If I had milk I would so mix that tuna and corn and macaroni together and see what appears.

I found a flyer/coupon thing I had stuffed in a drawer when I moved in here to a place down the road that delivers Lasagna, spaghetti, pizza, subs, etc.

I r eating lasagna and salad 2nite. :D

Stunseed
02-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Damn that sounds good. Thought I was starting to work 10pm to 7am so I started slow-cooking hamburger stew at like noon. Now I got the day off with pay since I stayed up til 9am to adjust my sleep schedule. Enjoy dinner, bro.

Merjinia
02-24-2004, 09:53 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Tayre
So I'm getting hungry and since I can't force myself to go through the hassle of grocery shopping (YOU try doing it using the bus system), I'm going to order food again.

I'm so. Sick. of pizza.

Tayre you still here in SA? I told yas I'll take you to HEB, I have a mom-mobile! Lots of grociers can fit. Seriously though it must kinda stink..I hate the bus system.

Edited because I'm a dork..kthnks

[Edited on 2-25-2004 by Merjinia]

Mint
02-25-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Merjinia
[quote]Originally posted by Tayre

I'm so. Sick. of pizza.

Tayre you still here in SA? I told yas I'll take you to HEB, I have a mom-mobile! Lots of grociers can fit. Seriously though it must kinda stink..I hate the bus system.

Hey I was going to take offense but your right, most bus systems suck if youre the passenger. On topic, I once made macaroni using water instead of milk and it was not half bad. Throw in the tuna and it even might be digestible. Of course, this thread is probably hours and hours old and you probably starved to death in the meantime....

Weedmage Princess
02-25-2004, 03:56 AM
Yeah I was going to say usually Italian joints deliver. Hope your lasagna and salad was good.

I heard a rumor somewhere that some McDonald's restaurants (I feel so weird calling Mickey D's a restaurant) deliver. I can't confirm this, however.

Galleazzo
02-25-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm on the bus too. The bus goes by three grocery stores. I go to those stores and give them money, and they give me food, and I turn it into dinner.

Hanksbane
02-25-2004, 10:42 AM
We have a food taxi service here where I live. You can order from the different restaurants like, Friday's, Max and Erma's. Hooters, and more. I dunno how much it is but I know they offer it.

Wezas
02-25-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurants/cuisine/food_delivery.asp

Put in your zip code on the front page. No clue where in TX you are, but the site is Houston.

Also:
http://wholesale.superpages.com/b2b/C-Food+Delivery/S-TX/