PDA

View Full Version : Alright, what the hell is this

Pallon
02-24-2004, 02:00 AM
>[Ta'Illistim, Stearriza Var]
The pitched roof of a nearby cottage slopes gently towards its
stonework support, the roof tiles carefully laid atop one another in neat rows.
A large bougainvillea, its slender boughs laden with deep pink
blossoms, drapes itself gently over one end of the cottage. You also see an
ironwork signpost.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, southwest, northwest
>You hear very soft footsteps.

Roughly the billionth time I've seen this in the last few months

Drew2
02-24-2004, 02:09 AM
A ranger with Sneaking cast on themselves.

Stunseed
02-24-2004, 02:31 AM
In that scenario, you noticed the Ranger, but with full perception you'd get "Dumbass sneaks quietly into the room" or what not. I think.

Kitsun
02-24-2004, 03:25 AM
That is probably the most annoying messaging.

With less perception you'd never notice them move in and out. With more you could actually see who it is. But there, right smack in the middle is that little pitter patter of soft feet that you can never know who it is.

That messaging gives me vague memories of some movie where little monsters sneak around in the shadows...

Jolena
02-24-2004, 05:01 AM
I was under the impression that rogues could also sense anyone sneaking in and out of a room. Is that not so? I sometimes see the person completely but mostly get that soft feet thing.

Galleazzo
02-24-2004, 10:46 AM
So teach them a frigging lesson and cast 435 when they walk in.

Parkbandit
02-24-2004, 11:44 AM
My ranger uses sneaking spell all the time.. but I also changed his movement to sneaking.. so only the most perceptive people actually see him.

I need a self mana casting item with sneaking in it for Falgrin... Oh, and I don't wanna spend more than 100K.

Thanks.

Fallen
02-24-2004, 11:52 AM
You could try to squelch the line of text out using whatever front end you currently use. I never once have been able to squelch anything no matter what I type in, however, so I cannot instruct you.

It is indeed annoying but I find being able to know if someone is sneaking around me, especially in a hunting area, as useful information.