PDA

View Full Version : Lost alters

Jiire
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
So, about 7 years ago when i had quit GS for the first time, i had given away my gear to who I thought was a trusted friend there. Found out three years ago my stuff ended up on a cleric whom to my knowlege no longer plays. Out of curiosity I wanted to see if he sold any of my alters and some others had ended up with them.

The majority of my alters were Dark blue elven leather items. Most notable was a pair of dark blue elven leather fingerless gloves, pocketed, held alot of my lockpicks at the time, so its a decent pocket size. It had a fairly long show for gloves. I also had a pair of dark blue elven leather boots, also a decent show, pocketed as well. There were several other items as well that were dark blue elven leather, a cloak I believe, a pouch, and a weapons harness that was scripted if I remember correctly. If you have any items that might fit this description and would be willing to sell them, send me a PM please? Just looking to get my old outfit back. Took me a very long time to get these alters, and to have a "friend" pawn them off like that was quite annoying.

Allereli
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
So, about 7 years ago when i had quit GS for the first time, i had given away my gear to who I thought was a trusted friend there. Found out three years ago my stuff ended up on a cleric whom to my knowlege no longer plays. Out of curiosity I wanted to see if he sold any of my alters and some others had ended up with them.

The majority of my alters were Dark blue elven leather items. Most notable was a pair of dark blue elven leather fingerless gloves, pocketed, held alot of my lockpicks at the time, so its a decent pocket size. It had a fairly long show for gloves. I also had a pair of dark blue elven leather boots, also a decent show, pocketed as well. There were several other items as well that were dark blue elven leather, a cloak I believe, a pouch, and a weapons harness that was scripted if I remember correctly. If you have any items that might fit this description and would be willing to sell them, send me a PM please? Just looking to get my old outfit back. Took me a very long time to get these alters, and to have a "friend" pawn them off like that was quite annoying.

wtf it's SEVEN YEARS

Dhuul
06-02-2009, 04:42 PM
7 years is a pretty long time...the game as a whole has lost a ton of accounts, characters, items. Did you try posting on the officials? Who knows who has it now.

iJin
06-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Might as well say goodbye to the thought of them now.

Sylvan Dreams
06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Why didn't you just leave them on the character when you quit?

That aside, it's been seven years. Did you really expect whoever it was to sit and keep the home fires burning for you to return to the game?

Jiire
06-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I am quite aware of the length of time as well as the probability of getting any of it back. I am merely posting here to see if by chance someone has one or two. Don't flame me thinking im some high hoped moron with the luck of the gods on my side. It was merely a curiosity as well as a chance that someone here might have had one or two.

Yes its been seven years, and no i didnt expect this friend of mine to give it all away. I gave it to him because I was quitting and he was going to still play. We maintained contact and i wanted him to have use of my stuff while I was gone. The unexpected thing was for him to quit the game a few years later and hand them off to someone else instead of leaving them on his account. He had a mental breakdown in real life and i have since lost contact with him three years ago.

thefarmer
06-02-2009, 06:59 PM
If you can't remember what they looked liked exactly, how do you expect to get them back?

Allereli
06-02-2009, 08:09 PM
If you can't remember what they looked liked exactly, how do you expect to get them back?

don't you know about that famous blue elven leather outfit?

diethx
06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Man Allereli, you really will be a bitch about anything. So the dude came here in hopes someone might have something in blue elven leather with a show, big fucking deal. Apparently it'd kill you to say "doubtful, but good luck". But omg it's SEVEN YEARS so he shouldn't even bother, right?

AnticorRifling
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Careful you'll be accused of not having a heart.

Stanley Burrell
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
To the OP:

Nothing's impossible. Good luck!

Also, why not make somewhat identical alters if you can't find some/most/all of your stuff?

diethx
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh noes then she'll have to obsessively call me to bitch at me in true clingy psycho fashion.

Allereli
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
To the OP:

Nothing's impossible. Good luck!

Also, why not make somewhat identical alters if you can't find some/most/all of your stuff?

seriously, alterations are a dime a dozen, it's not like it was at all 7 years ago.

Allereli
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Yes its been seven years, and no i didnt expect this friend of mine to give it all away. I gave it to him because I was quitting and he was going to still play. We maintained contact and i wanted him to have use of my stuff while I was gone. The unexpected thing was for him to quit the game a few years later and hand them off to someone else instead of leaving them on his account. He had a mental breakdown in real life and i have since lost contact with him three years ago.

Yeah, this is why I'm getting on you. When you give something that doesn't really exist away, especially to a stranger, and leave for years, don't ever expect them to hold onto it for you. also, you can't be that attached since you don't even know the exact descriptions.

http://www.playershops.com/item_search.pl?item=blue+leather

there's some blue leather stuff on Player Shops.

Jiire
06-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Well Allereli, you've proven nothing more to me here other than you're a bitch; get off my back about it. I find it flattering I solicited 4 negative posts towards me from you alone. I thank you for that :hug2:, and thanks all those with constructive posts.

I find it amusing that you are making assumptions as to the relationship that I had with my friend, and friend is not a word I toss around lightly. I also have no desire to defend myself and my actions to someone who thinks so highly of herself and so lowly of others. With that I have nothing more to say to you.

Once again everyone else thank you for being as helpful as you could be, and not being a complete twat.

Allereli
06-03-2009, 08:19 AM
I find it flattering I solicited 4 negative posts towards me from you alone.

It's not hard to solicit negative posts about me from those posters. Good luck with your needle in the haystack hunt, best to just get new alterations. If it were anyone else they'd say, "Welcome to the PC"

yesicj
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
It's not hard to solicit negative posts about me from those posters.

You should reread what he wrote.

Allereli
06-03-2009, 10:48 AM
You should reread what he wrote.

you're right :) What some perceive as negative, I perceive as being frank. I wrote 2 negative posts.

Jayvn
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Man I love the pc.... let's recap

HALP I LOST STUFF 7 YEARS AGO
Not getting it back
WTF ITS BEEN 7 YEARS
why you gotta be a bitch?
EFF U
good luck
make new ones
stfu bitch
Man I love the pc

In all honesty if someone gave me some shit to hold onto for permanation.. it would end up in the locker..then about 3 months later i'd be like WTF is this crap in my locker.. due to me foregetting pretty much everything.. either sell
it cheap or throw it down the well... clean locker... PROFIT

In all honestly you should start with the base ideas and just make somethin more to your current tastes.. I'd hate to wear some shit I had altered 7 years ago..

diethx
06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
If it were anyone else they'd say, "Welcome to the PC"

Wrong. People say that to new posters who come here and act like idiots, and get what the PC gives best for it. He didn't come here and act like an idiot, he came here with a legitimate question, and while what he was looking for might have been a huge longshot, it's no reason to be a complete labial ulcer to him. That's why no one said "Welcome to the PC." Because this wasn't an instance of a noob being a noob. It was an instance of Allereli being Allereli. Which is worse than a noob being a noob.

Tisket
06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I created a new account a few months ago for the hell of it and one of the very first characters I looked at had a piece of gear that I had spent hours in line to get altered over five years ago.

No idea what my point is really...old shit is still around?

Allereli
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
He didn't come here and act like an idiot, he came here with a legitimate question, and while what he was looking for might have been a huge longshot, it's no reason to be a complete labial ulcer to him.

you don't think not listing the actual items, and going on and on about his "friend" (OMG HE SOLD MY ALTERS SEVEN YEARS AGO) was not being idiotic? I just said what a lot of people were thinking. Don't pretend like you or many other people on here haven't done the same.

diethx
06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
you don't think not listing the actual items, and going on and on about his "friend" (OMG HE SOLD MY ALTERS SEVEN YEARS AGO) was not being idiotic? I just said what a lot of people were thinking. Don't pretend like you or many other people on here haven't done the same.

I think the descriptions he listed were enough so that anyone who might have an item like that could run it by him. I also don't think he went on and on about his friend. I think he was explaining his situation and why he was looking for what he was looking for, and also why he didn't have the full descriptions. He clearly stated he came here in hopes some of them might have survived, but had no expectations about it. And your response was OMG IT'S BEEN 7 YEARS ARE YOU KIDDING WHAT ARE YOU RETARDED FOR EVEN ASKING BECAUSE THERE'S NO POSSIBLE WAY SO JUST GIVE UP GOD HOW COULD YOU EVEN BOTHER.

So in short, no, I think there was absolutely nothing idiotic about his post. I think everything about your posts was idiotic.

And no, i've never jumped anyone's shit because they came here out of curiousity, looking for old items they cared about and were hoping to get back.

Allereli
06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
If someone's looking for text that he lost seven years ago are are still hurt about it and can't believe his friend sold them, then yes, maybe I do think he's slightly retarded, even if he states he has no expectation to get the stuff back.

diethx
06-03-2009, 06:14 PM
If someone's looking for text that he lost seven years ago are are still hurt about it and can't believe his friend sold them, then yes, maybe I do think he's slightly retarded, even if he states he has no expectation to get the stuff back.

There's a difference between being hurt by something and being annoyed by it. And i'm pretty sure he said this situation annoyed him, not that he was hurt by it. Jump to some more conclusions, you daft bitch.

Tisket
06-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Some people are sentimental. I'd totally like to have back my very first alter. God it was ugly but I still want it. If I weren't so embarrassed by the description I might even have posted here about it.

diethx
06-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Some people are sentimental. I'd totally like to have back my very first alter. God it was ugly but I still want it. If I weren't so embarrassed by the description I might even have posted here about it.

Yeah but omg it's probably been years there's no way it could still be out there, jeez you're dumb. And totally slightly retarded for being sentimental about something you enjoyed once.

LMingrone
06-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I could understand missing a character you ran. I can understand trying to get an alter they don't allow anymore. My old alters make me feel like a morAn. I had like twenty items that had "magician" in the description. (If anyone has my 10x magician's shield, DB magician's cloak, and my magician's hat....I'll buy it back just to look like a fool again.)

Getting alters is easier than trying to find your old stuff though. I barely play, maybe logged on a few times in the last three years. Every item on every character, including features is altered. I I don't even try.

Just get them remade.

Allereli
06-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh noes then she'll have to obsessively call me to bitch at me in true clingy psycho fashion.

There's a difference between being hurt by something and being annoyed by it. And i'm pretty sure he said this situation annoyed him, not that he was hurt by it. Jump to some more conclusions, you daft bitch.

who is being obsessive about who? I don't recall ever having any contact with you off these boards. I don't know you, I don't pretend to know you.

Tisket
06-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Jesus, apparently we have to know someone for real in order to be annoyed by them now? I won't be able to insult anyone if that's the rule. WHO IS MAKING UP THESE RULES!!!

ElvenFury
06-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Someone give me a heads up if there's going to be a fight. I'll need at least 2 hours to let the jello set properly.

Spectral
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Someone give me a heads up if there's going to be a fight. I'll need at least 2 hours to let the jello set properly.

Puddings more fun, and takes less time to set. Just saying.

diethx
06-03-2009, 06:27 PM
who is being obsessive about who? I don't recall ever having any contact with you off these boards. I don't know you, I don't pretend to know you.

Are you fucking retarded? Anticor was obviously referencing how you said Rob didn't have a heart because he said something to you that you didn't like, but still needed to hear. And then I referenced how you went all clingy, needy nutbag on Rob, calling him obsessively. And then how after you finally got the chance you'd been waiting for, to try and make everyone here feel bad for you and dislike Rob over what YOU perceived as an offense, he responded with the truth and you called him again to obsess and bitch at him.

LMingrone
06-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Jello and watching fights?!?!?!? Just add the rum and women and you described my heaven.

/worthless thread

Jayvn
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
You two need to post pictures with your shirts ripped off so we can imagine this fight more vividly

Tisket
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Someone give me head

QUIT BEGGING!

Allereli
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
he responded with the truth and you called him again to obsess and bitch at him.

my call with Rob lasted about 20 seconds, I said I was sorry, and said, hey, let's just not respond to each other and piss each other off. I have about 4 months of daily coversations with him since my IM programs log automatically, they're quite personal, he was often the first person I spoke to in the morning, and the last person I spoke to at night. We always called to apologize to each other.

Since obviously he talked to you about me behind my back, I'll let you know he said you suck 97% of the time. I hadn't spoken to him since the end of March, 2 months later he's being demeaning to me, and perhaps it was a misperception, but I tend to respond emotionally when someone I care about is acting that way towards me.

diethx
06-03-2009, 10:42 PM
my call with Rob lasted about 20 seconds, I said I was sorry, and said, hey, let's just not respond to each other and piss each other off. I have about 4 months of daily coversations with him since my IM programs log automatically, they're quite personal, he was often the first person I spoke to in the morning, and the last person I spoke to at night. We always called to apologize to each other.

Since obviously he talked to you about me behind my back, I'll let you know he said you suck 97% of the time. I hadn't spoken to him since the end of March, 2 months later he's being demeaning to me, and perhaps it was a misperception, but I tend to respond emotionally when someone I care about is acting that way towards me.

Yeah, he told me you were still talking when he hung up on you. lol

Also, of course Rob talked shit about me behind my back. I'm not so deluded as you as to think that's not the type of shit he'd do to someone he wasn't more than acquaintances with. But one of the MANY differences between you and I, is the fact that I don't give a shit when random PC people talk about me behind my back.

The funniest part about this though, is the fact that you're the reason all your nutbaggy tendencies have been aired all over the PC. If you could just shut the fuck up once in awhile and ignore things instead of being all drama queen any time Rob posted anything, no one would even know what was going on, and you wouldn't have pissed Rob off the point where he'd want to talk about you behind your back.

And btw, your view of his "demeaning" posts is fucking warped out the ass. I've seen the shit you've taken offense to quite verbally, and half the time the posts didn't have shit to do with you. The other half of them were only demeaning in your paranoid, clingy little head.

Dhuul
06-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Are the results in, Maury? Because I am not this thread's daddy.

Allereli
06-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah, he told me you were still talking when he hung up on you. lol

actually, the conversation was over, I didn't expect it to go any further. Really, why are you bent out of shape over me? Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things, that goes for Rob, too.

diethx
06-03-2009, 11:11 PM
You give yourself way too much credit - I'm actually amused.

Honestly though, I just think you're a whiny, miserable bitch and I tend to enjoy getting under your skin when you really deserve it.

Allereli
06-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Honestly though, I just think you're a whiny, miserable bitch and I tend to enjoy getting under your skin when you really deserve it.

Glad to entertain you, someone has to make teh internetz interesting.

Lucos
06-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Wrong. People say that to new posters who come here and act like idiots, and get what the PC gives best for it. He didn't come here and act like an idiot, he came here with a legitimate question, and while what he was looking for might have been a huge longshot, it's no reason to be a complete labial ulcer to him. That's why no one said "Welcome to the PC." Because this wasn't an instance of a noob being a noob. It was an instance of Allereli being Allereli. Which is worse than a noob being a noob.

Total win for using "labial ulcer".

Lucos
06-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Since obviously he talked to you about me behind my back, I'll let you know he said you suck 97% of the time.

That's about the correct percentage. 97% sucking and 3% spitting. Sounds like a compliment on a job damn well done if you ask me.

Miscast
06-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Blue elven leather is an illegal alter now.

NocturnalRob
06-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Blue elven leather is an illegal alter now.
Shut up, bitch.

ElvenFury
06-04-2009, 08:42 AM
QUIT BEGGING!

:rofl:

No.

Geshron
06-05-2009, 03:37 AM
I too wish to denote that "labial ulcer" was a pretty intense choice. Excellent.

Jayvn
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
which one of you homo guys or incurably straight girls gave me negative rep for my shirts ripped off comment? what a bunch of crap :( society is making me sad when two girls can't fight one another by ripping off their shirts =( (giantsadfays)

Goretawn
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
WTF, what happened to the fighting/derailing of the thread? It was just starting to get good.

Back on subject, I really hope you find them, but blue leather? Really?

OK, back off subject, let the fight commence.

Dhuul
06-09-2009, 05:25 PM
They were given a free flight out to...

http://www.mauryshow.com/

Dhuul
06-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Thread resolved!

http://www.mauryshow.com/story/dna-results/he-called-maury-from-the-hospi.php

Goretawn
06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Damn you, you had to bring up maury earlier on. I blame you! You go to hell, you go to hell and you die.

Orp
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
This post needs to have a bottle of JD