PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: gem sorting script

Sylvan Dreams
05-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Anyone have an EN-based gem sorting script that works with locker storage and will cycle through all the gems in a given container until they're all stored?

In other words, I want a script that will pull gems out of container X, search the locker for the appropriate jar, put all the gems of that type in the jar, locker the jar then move on to the next gem type. If it would skip on to the next gem when the current one is full that would be awesome.

Danical
05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Do you Lich? I can throw something together for you in a few minutes if you want.

Sylvan Dreams
05-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Do you Lich? I can throw something together for you in a few minutes if you want.

No, I don't. I was curious about it but it might be beyond me. Is it hard to use and set up?

Joseph
05-26-2009, 12:38 AM
There is already a script on the lich repository that does the requested...

Methais
05-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Where is this repository?

Morrff
05-26-2009, 01:08 AM
On lich. once lich is up and running you simply ;repo list

Then browse, some good stuff on there.

Methais
05-26-2009, 01:11 AM
holy fuck

Joseph
05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
holy fuck

Is holy fuck synonymous for thanks, or omg there is so much shit there to sort through that its not even funny, in this situation?

Sylvan Dreams
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Alright, so, where can I get Lich?

Jaimaltz
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
There is already a script on the lich repository that does the requested...

I'm not sure if there's another one, but the one I wrote, called jargem doesn't do lockers. You could very easily modify it though. It works off of 4 containers - a primary gem container, primary jar container, empty jar container, and a full jar container. (You can enter the 4 containers through the command line, or edit the script and hard code them, which is what I do. I commented the code so it's obvious where you would change them.)

The problem with the locker method is you'll get empty, full, and half full jars mixed in together. Since in lich you can call a script from within a script, you could write a script that pulls all the jars out of the locker, looks in each jar and sorts them accordingly to primary jar container/full jar container/empty jar container, calls the jargem script to process the gems, and then transfer them back to the locker when done. Wouldn't be too difficult.

Jaimaltz
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Alright, so, where can I get Lich?

You can get Shaelun's version (he's not doing much development anymore) here:

http://lichproject.sourceforge.net/

Or you can get Tillmen's version which he's been maintaining here:

http://fluffycow.comoj.com/board/index.php

crb
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
There is a gem hoard script I wrote I posted to these forums. The version might need tweaking to work with new pale moonstones, and it works with a mule, not a locker. But it otherwise does what you want.