PDA

View Full Version : Psinet Atlas

Tamarin
05-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Hello All,

Iam having abit of a problem using Psinet Atlas. Whenever I type Psinet Atlas it will popup with the screen listing the maps on the drag down yet Iam getting the "This Map will be released in RSN" message.

The maps from Tsoran have been extracted inside the Psinet/Maps folder. Would anyone have a clue as to the nature of the problem?

Thanks!

Problem was I had two psinet folders :)

Nilandia
05-25-2009, 02:31 AM
Posting this for reference for other people who might see it as well.

I ran into the same problem until I found the Psinet Sage folder and the Maps folder in there. Unzip your maps to that folder and you should be good.

Gretchen

Morrff
05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Computer crashed last night, without me being able to log out of the WizardFE in time. Had to reboot because the HDD was grinding away and sounded horrible(Plus it was about to shut itself down either way).

Problem is, I have NO atlas anymore. All the stuff I mapped isn't showing and there's no atlas from the core either. This is what I'm seeing when I log in.

Could not load the Atlas update C:\PsiNet\Atlas\patch.0.sageatlas. The file was left.

There are a total of 3 files in my atlas folder, two containing actual atlas stored info the third containing what appears to be(to me) launch/update sequence path for atlas.

I'm running XP and also cannot update the newest version of psinet. I've tried to holler at jamus via AIM but I get no response and shortly after he logs out most times.

Anyway did a system restore, it did nothing to help.

I also looked through the patch.0.sageatlas file and the other core file to see if and where MY mapped atlas info was stored. The file seems to follow in order by room numbers, I could not locate my saved data. Is it possible that for some reason psinet dumped my saved data? Or perhaps it's stored elsewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cylas

Morrff
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
YAY! Fixed the issue and all my atlas is working properly again. If that happens to anyone in the future. Hopefully you have already backed up your atlas files elsewhere if not you're screwed from what I can tell. Well screwed in the sense as to you just lost all YOUR mapped atlas data. However the core's still there and intact.

You need to delete the patch file and the atlas.sageatlas file which should have been turned into a file only containing 1KB of data. The patch whisked everything out of that file.

Now take your backup atlas.sageatlas copy it from where ever it's safely kept and paste it inside the c:\Psinet\Atlas folder. Close the game window and re-login, everything should be back to when you saved the backup data.

Cylas
Player of many