PDA

View Full Version : Pushing suicide jumper off bridge..

Kuyuk
05-23-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/23/china.suicide/index.html

I think that's awesome.

If the guy really planned on jumping, who cares if he jumped or got pushed.

K.

Back
05-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Lian Jiansheng, 66, who was passing by the bridge, offered to talk Chen down, Xinhua said. Police refused, but Lian broke through the police cordon and climbed to where Chen was sitting.

Lian greeted Chen with a handshake, then pushed him off the bridge, Xinhua said.

Chen fell 26 feet (8 meters) onto a partially-inflated emergency air cushion, damaging his spine and elbow in the fall, Xinhua said. He is now recovering in a hospital.

I loled.

Kuyuk
05-23-2009, 12:25 PM
yeah, no joke

Tisket
05-23-2009, 12:33 PM
I think that's awesome.

If the guy really planned on jumping, who cares if he jumped or got pushed.

Unless he can prove that he knew there was a "partially-inflated emergency air cushion" deployed, the pusher should be charged with attempted murder. Pushing someone to their death because you are impatient with a traffic delay is obscene.

Nieninque
05-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Unless he can prove that he knew there was a "partially-inflated emergency air cushion" deployed, the pusher should be charged with attempted murder. Pushing someone to their death because you are impatient with a traffic delay is obscene.

I couldn't agree more. The fact that someone is contemplating their own suicide probably means they arent going to kill themselves.* This bloke pushing the jumper is sick...especially just because he was in traffic.

* - This is clearly a guide and is in no way influenced by the fact that I once said something similar about someone who was threatening to throw himself in front of a train...and who subsequently did.

Stanley Burrell
05-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Bullshit. When you push Mr. Lopez off the deck in Fallout 3 you just get negative karma, but the guards don't pursue you.

Bah.

Clove
05-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Unless he can prove that he knew there was a "partially-inflated emergency air cushion" deployed, the pusher should be charged with attempted murder. Pushing someone to their death because you are impatient with a traffic delay is obscene.I agree. While I certainly understand the frustration and I agree with the pusher's sentiment the "selfish" jumper didn't deserve an impromptu execution and even if he did, I would hope that fact would be determined by more than one frustrated 66 year old.

It's not that I don't see the ironic humor in it, I do. But I'm a bit appalled that someone (no matter how irritated and frustrated by anothers irrational behavior) would literally and unapologetically push someone off a bridge. This is the ultimate in road rage.

Kuyuk
05-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Meh, I disagree.

If you contemplate suicide enough to actually make it to the bridge you are going to jump off, then you have thought about it enough to act on it.

Sometimes people just need a hand to reach their dreams.

And I dont see it as one person was sick of sitting in traffic... I see it as the suicide jumper was negatively effecting the lives of [xyz] people by his lame attempt and personal contemplation. Either do it, or dont - don't waste everyones lives because you're indecisive.

K.

Clove
05-24-2009, 12:12 PM
And inconveniencing XYZ lives doesn't deserve a death sentence which is what shoving someone off a bridge might amount to. Just because a person is sick and irrational he doesn't deserve to be assaulted for holding up traffic.

Nieninque
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
And inconveniencing XYZ lives doesn't deserve a death sentence which is what shoving someone off a bridge might amount to. Just because a person is sick and irrational he doesn't deserve to be assaulted for holding up traffic.

You don't get it Clove, the bloke was late for tea.

Tisket
05-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm going to start carrying a gun when there is any possibility I might have to stand in a line somewhere. I hate lines.

Nieninque
05-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Depends what the line is made from, amirite?

Tisket
05-24-2009, 01:28 PM
You are always right.

Nieninque
05-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Words to live by.

Back
05-26-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6f2_1243139794

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToEPFDIzhNA

Kuyuk
05-26-2009, 11:26 AM
rofl pwned.

he knew there was a cushion down there, hardly attempted murder.

Back
05-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Respect your elders and your life.

Sean of the Thread
05-26-2009, 11:58 AM
lolz the part that is funny 2 me is it's ONLY 8 YARDS DOWN

Sean of the Thread
05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
OH SHIT THE liveleak makes it a lot humorless. daammmmn

Ignot
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
lolz the part that is funny 2 me is it's ONLY 8 YARDS DOWN

:yeahthat:

Sean of the Thread
05-26-2009, 01:02 PM
jump off of this bad boy if you're serious.

http://bridgeworld.net/wordpress/archives/images/20070524_1.jpg

I don't even like driving over it.