PDA

View Full Version : My Name is Earl : Cancelled

LMingrone
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't know if anyone else is pissed, but I am. The shows writing has gone a little down hill, the cast are creepy scientologists, and is stupid humor. But, it was a good show you could just relax and watch dumb comedy.

Guess it's to make room for reality TV. First Freaks and Geeks. Then Firefly. Now this show. I wonder what the studios are thinking most of the time.

/edit: oh and Twin Peaks too

Allereli
05-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Guess it's to make room for reality TV. First Freaks and Geeks. Then Firefly. Now this show. I wonder what the studios are thinking most of the time.

/edit: oh and Twin Peaks too

WTF Twin Peaks is from 1990, Freaks and Geeks aired in 1999-2000, even firefly is 7 years old. Are you stuck in a time warp?

If it's a truly good show, like 90210 and Melrose Place, it will be repurposed ;)

The studios are probably thinking that the ratings sucked, reality shows are cheaper to produce, and lots of people like them. I probably laughed more out loud for this season of Survivor than during a sitcom since Seinfeld was on.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HrHcfSh_GHI/SZNluYpGroI/AAAAAAAABDE/3cmEbNu-1SI/s400/Ben.jpg

crb
05-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Earl was alright, we watched it, but eh... I could see it getting the axe.

One show that shouldn't have gotten it (in addition to Firefly of course) was Sons and Daughters, that was a hilarious original comedy.

LMingrone
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm not stuck in the past. Just three shows off of the top of my head. Just bought the full series of them all, so they we're the first I thought of.

I'm just happy the HBO shows are about to start up again.

ElanthianSiren
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
uhoh.... my SO's mom is gonna be pissed.

Gallows Thief
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
I was surprised it was cancelled. I think Jaime Pressley's character was hilarious. Maybe some lesser network will pick it up.

Ardwen
05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
John Doe wasawesome and axed after a season, thats fox for ya

Skeeter
05-21-2009, 06:17 PM
I watched the first 2 season's of Earl then gave up. It got repetitive.

I was really disappointed to learn that The Unusals was not picked up for a second season. I thought it was a really good quirky cop show. This on the Heels of Life on Mars getting canceled.

Why do people hate quirky cop shows? Fuckers.

Numbers
05-21-2009, 06:56 PM
I never found that show funny. I also don't really find 30 Rock all that funny.

I'm glad they didn't cancel Chuck. I'm upset that they canceled Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Apotheosis
05-21-2009, 07:41 PM
I saw some of the first few episodes of Earl, thought it was funny, and a good idea for a show... stopped watching it, though.. not too broken up about it.. sorry for your loss though.

Fallen
05-21-2009, 08:09 PM
So wait? Sarah Conner Chronicals AND My Name Is Earl were cancelled? Damn. I watched both shows.