PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your Bathroom?

Myshel
02-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Ok, I found this interesting. One of the guys who work for me, called his girlfriend on Valatines Day and said to her, "I'm getting off work in a few hours, YOU start getting ready now so I can come in, take a shower and we can leave." After a few minutes, he then says, "If your not ready when I get home, we aren't going because I'm not waiting all night, so just be ready!"
He is rolling his eyes at me and I'm laughing. He gets off the phone, and we get into a discussion about what men do and women do to get ready for a special night.
He-10 min. tops, Shower and dress. On his side of the bath counter is, toothbrush, cologne, cheapest shampoo and razor. He says I have 4 pairs of shoes, work, work out, black good shoes and brown good shoes.
Hers-(his estimation) First hour, Shower-expensive shampoo and conditioner, bath wash, two or three different buff pads for face, body and feet. ( He was completely amazed she needed a little ceramic stone for her feet). Lotions for her body, different lotions,potions, serums for her face. THEN he said she had to lay down naked for awhile to let it all soak in. (He likes that part except he can't touch)
Second hour-Make up and hair. A whole drawer full of make up( at least 20 products, another drawer of pins, blow dryers, curling irons, large, small and med. sticky curlers, clips, ect. A small array of product for her hair, mousse, gel, sprays, ect.
4 - 10 perfumes, matching lotions and powders.
THEN she has to pick out an outfit, try on a few discard and try again. stockings, special undies, the right bra.. blah blah blah.
Finally a touch up on the manicure or pedicure that she spent 2 hours on earlier in the day.
Lipstick to match her outfit.

So I started thinking how long does it take us to get ready for a special night and what do we use to do it?

Weedmage Princess
02-22-2004, 10:57 AM
If it's a "special" type ocassion, it can take me anywhere from 45 minutes to a couple of days..heh. The more special, the more preparation I make in advance so I can get ready easily...IE, I'll buy a new outfit (or two..depending on what I see, etc. This of course includes shoes and handbag, and lipstick) then a trip to the salon..I normally get my eyebrows done every other week but if the ocassion falls closer to the time they usually get done versus when I last had them done, I'll have them done again and maybe my nails.

Then once I get home I have to try a bunch of different hairstyles and the outfit(s) to see which I like best. Once all that's out the way, then I am prepared to get ready to go out...at that point it's only like half an hour.

LilHellcat
02-22-2004, 11:38 AM
I guess its pretty simple for me, even if I'm dressing up it takes me at the most 30 minutes. I rarely if ever wear make up and if I do its usually only mascara and a lightly colored lip stick or some such. My hair is naturally wavy so really all I have to do is not brush it straight. I hate to wear dresses so if its one of those things I HAVE to wear one I usually put it off to the last minute.

Other than that really thats all I do. I do the shower lotion stuff also but not to the extent some do.

Hulkein
02-22-2004, 12:28 PM
10 minute shower, 5 minutes getting dressed (this includes cologne deoderant), 2 mins brushing teeth, 2 minutes combing hair and I'm ready.

Latrinsorm
02-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Kinda depends on what I was doing earlier in the day. If I'd been working at a desk all day, maybe half an hour to get ready. If I'd been playing football in the mud all day, probably about an hour. But I'm kind of a neat freak (for a hippie).

Weedmage Princess
02-22-2004, 01:39 PM
You're a hippie?!

Latrinsorm
02-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
You're a hippie?! :pleads the Fifth so Edine doesn't whomp me:

peam
02-22-2004, 01:46 PM
dirt, pubes, broken toilet.

Mint
02-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by peam
dirt, pubes, broken toilet.

Ewww. I am a clean freak about the bathroom. Might be dirty dishes in the kitchen sink but you will smell bleach when you enter my bathroom.

And as far as getting ready...depends on how much I like the person I am getting ready for.

Weedmage Princess
02-22-2004, 01:54 PM
It's okay, I won't let Edine get you! ::places Latrinsorm under her protection::

So...are you?!

HarmNone
02-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Hmm. Around the jacuzzi, candles, stained glass windows, two large, ceramic elephants, scented soaps, towels, and bath crystals. On the vanity are scented lotions (one for day and one for evening), two perfumes (one for day and one for evenings), and two rose quartz horses. In the top drawer are a few makeup items (I am a minimalist. Blush, mascara and lipstick. ;) ), facial cleanser and a buff pad. In the pull-out drawer beneath the sink are my toothbrush, toothpaste and floss.

For a big, head-banging, fund-raising event, it is about one hour chair to door for me. Of course, that does not take into consideration the six hours that I may, or may not, spend at the Day Spa. :D

HarmNone, mostly minimalist

*Edited to add the damned soap!*

[Edited on 2-22-2004 by HarmNone]

Weedmage Princess
02-22-2004, 02:01 PM
::scoffs::

I refuse to believe I'm the only person who has to decide what I should wear way in advance otherwise I'll be putting on and taking off a bunch of stuff.. ::grumbles::

HarmNone
02-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Oh, you are not the only one, Weedie. I always know what I will wear to an event long in advance. I hate last minute changes when I am already flustered to begin with.

HarmNone hates fund-raisers :barf:

peam
02-22-2004, 02:28 PM
HarmNone's so elegant. It shall be grand when we marry.

On getting ready..

If I'm just going to work/school, I wake up 30 minutes before I have to leave. 10-15 minutes shower. 5 minutes clothes. 5 more minutes getting pretty.

If I'm trying to smash some gash, tack on like 15 more minutes.

HarmNone
02-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Is that a proposal, peam? :D

HarmNone will kill over pubes found in her bathroom

peam
02-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I'd clean for you, baby. ;)

Mint
02-22-2004, 02:32 PM
There are some things I can do without being stuck in my head. Smash the gash is one of them and peam + HarmNone is another. Crap. Have to go stab a fork in my brain now.

Yeah, posted it in the wrong thread before.

HarmNone
02-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Eep! Now, there is an offer that makes a girl stop and consider.:D

HarmNone, considering...

peam
02-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Smashing gash rules.

Hulkein
02-22-2004, 02:34 PM
<<dirt, pubes, broken toilet. >> <<If I'm trying to smash some gash>>

:lol: Funniest shit I've read in a long time.

HarmNone
02-22-2004, 02:37 PM
I hesitate to ask, peam...but, what happened to the toilet? And, ummm...well...how are you handling that irresistable urge to eliminate?

HarmNone knew better than to ask, so is prepared to be answered :lol:

peam
02-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Some drunk mofo broke the toilet. Puking and smashing the handle down. What an asshole.

Eliminate?

Skirmisher
02-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by peam

Eliminate?

Having to do with waste:

Excrete.

Part with.

Help along into the great outdoors.

peam
02-22-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm pickled.

The toilet still works.. kinda. We just have the top off of it.

You have to reach in and grab a lever to get it flushing.

Hulkein
02-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Sounds like he can still flush it, but he probably has to reach into the water closet and pull the flapper manuelly.

GSLeloo
02-22-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm actually pretty quick when it comes to get ready. But like if I'm not going out and just showering to shower.. I can take 20-45 minutes just in the shower. I zone out so badly and since I'm always cold, it's one of the few places that I am actually warm.

Otherwise it's pretty quick... ten minutes to get ready and go?

Latrinsorm
02-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
So...are you?! The new millenium version of one (don't bang everything that moves, in order to ensure that I will be able to bang without the aid of prosthetics). :thumbs his nose at Edine:

HarmNone
02-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Heh. If you decide to hold a love-in, Latrinsorm, let me know. I will be happy to consult my mother to get some pointers on how to do it right. ;)

HarmNone, the helpful

Sweets
02-22-2004, 04:57 PM
His side..shaving cream, razor, meds. My side brushes, hand lotion facial cleanser.

It take me about an hour to get going. My husband takes at least two. No matter how long it takes me, he always needs to brush his hair or brush his teeth before we go. He has perfected the arsing around thing.

Myshel
02-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
I'm actually pretty quick when it comes to get ready. But like if I'm not going out and just showering to shower.. I can take 20-45 minutes just in the shower. I zone out so badly and since I'm always cold, it's one of the few places that I am actually warm.
Otherwise it's pretty quick... ten minutes to get ready and go?

What about special events? Whats on your counter?

Souzy
02-22-2004, 06:31 PM
If I really have time, I'll spend 45 min. to an hour to get ready. That's shower, slap lotion on myself, make-up, since my hair is straight, I just blow dry it, I might put mousse in my hair or not, depends on how lazy I am, make-up and then put on my perfume. I tend to just sit around in between doing those things.

Lately, since I also work nights from Thurs. - Sat. I'll get home around 12AM, change the gear, re-apply the mascara, brush out my hair again and head out the door at 12:15AM. :)

Shari
02-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Usually it takes me about 45 minutes to get ready, that's including shower, teeth, makeup, hair somewhat blown dry, dressed.

If I'm simply going to school, I get out of bed, brush my teeth and go.

The times that I go out it doesn't take me much longer than normal, perhaps an hour and a half. That's because it takes a long time to get my hair totally dry and straight. Thick hair has some major disadvantages.

Boyfriend takes about 45 minutes too but for some reason he's always waiting for me cause I always forget to either turn the curling iron off, turn all the lights off (why am *I* the one who does this all the time!?!:?:) or I forgot a key piece of jewelry that I cannot walk out the door without.

AnticorRifling
02-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Contact case and solution, toothbrush, mentadent toothpaste, hair gel, deoderant (gel), shaving cream (which I never use I don't grow enough hair so I just use water to shave), two brushes, hand lotion, nightly moisturizer, bore pore strips, supplements (I take them first thing in the AM so when I put in my contacts I see them and remember to take them), cologne (Guccii Envy), mouthwash, a vanilla candle.

Lord Whirlin
02-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Contact stuff, Tooth-brushing stuff, retainers, shaving stuff, toenail clippers + tweezers. all packed into a small bag because I'm at a god damn dorm, there bathrooms always smell like puke

Edaarin
02-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Longest it'll ever take me to get ready is 30 minutes, if I need to dress up and iron a shirt or something. Otherwise, 15-20 minutes to shower, brush teeth, change, get stuff together, and out the door.

In my bathroom cabinet: toothbrush, toothpaste, aftershave, razor, Polo Blue, contacts sometimes

Shari
02-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Dude, that's cause you have no HAIR.

Guys don't understand how LONG it takes to dry/style hair. If you have short hair, you have to curl it or put junk in it to make it look "styled" that spiky messy look is popular and while it looks like you just rake your fingers through your hair and tussle it up, it is a practiced art.

If you have long hair you have to put goop in it to make it non-frizzy, stright, etc. And then you have to blow dry it (to make it straight) or scrunch blow dry it to make it cuerly/wavy/messy. It is a complicated process and THAT is what takes me the longest time to get ready on.

Oh and we have to shave an larger area of skin (legs) as opposed to guys with their face (though some women could REALLY benafit from that too!)

And some girls are obsessed with smearing on the make up like its spackling and that can take eons. Then you have to cake on the mascara to make it look like spiders are jumping out of your face and then line your lips and gob on the lipstick, and top that off with gloss, oh and lets not forget the blush!...list goes on..and on..

For the record, I cannot live without my mascara gel, and my lipgloss. Everything else I usually nix unless I'm going out for the night.

Bobmuhthol
02-23-2004, 07:49 PM
<<Guys don't understand how LONG it takes to dry/style hair.>>

Not very.

<<And some girls are obsessed with smearing on the make up like its spackling and that can take eons.>>

Some (most) [all] girls are also retarded.

Shari
02-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Shaddup Bob, you're just still bitter cause you have no facial hair left. And even if it's started to grown in again you probably only have what looks like dirt on your chin, since you're only 13.

<ducks>

Bobmuhthol
02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
It was actually coming in more like my main man Samuel L.

http://pulp.linuxroot.org/pics/hall.jpg

Latrinsorm
02-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
Guys don't understand how LONG it takes to dry/style hair. Juding from your avatar, my hair's longer than yours. It's easy to dry. Step 1: Shower. Step 2: Towel. Step 3: Wind tunnel (it's this neat little pair of buildings which is kind of a bitch when it gets subzero but good for this purpose). Step 4: Mack.

Myshel
02-24-2004, 08:02 AM
For a really special evening out, I have my outfit picked out and all the accessories. Most of the time I've already gone to the beauty shop for a manicure, pedicure and facial. From start to finish it will take me about an hour to shower, Aveno body wash, Matrix shampoo and conditioner (conditioner makes a great leg shaving lotion). Then while my hair dries a bit in a towel, I lotion it up (Body Drench, my favorite). Metro jel on the face as I have rosaea, then eye cream, Creme De Mer, and moisterizer. Perfume, Tresor. Yes I do let it soak in for awhile before I start make up. Hair products, volumizer gel and mousse and a quick blow dry to almost dry the hair (upside down of course to get volume). A few large curlers on the top. Then make up, tinted moisterizer and coverup. Blush, Lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow powder (pluck any stray hairs on the brows) Eyeliner and mascara. Lipstick. Make up I use alot of different products that works for me. Take the curlers out and with a large brush finish up blow drying the hair. Dress. Spray the top of my hair with a bit of spray.. Out the door.. Takes me about an hour.

Wezas
02-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Lalana
Lately, since I also work nights from Thurs. - Sat. I'll get home around 12AM, change the gear, re-apply the mascara, brush out my hair again and head out the door at 12:15AM. :)

Getting home at midnight? I thought your act at the "Horny Beaver" doesn't go on until 1am?

Shari
02-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Heh, well in the summer I just drive with the top down in my car, gives it that windblown sexy look. But in the winter obviously I cannot do this, and it's thick. I try to get it thinned every month when I get my haircut but it doesn't to much good.

02-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Some (most) [all] girls are also retarded.

New sig line.

Seriously, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to get ready....if i'm taking my time and i've had hair down past my neck. I fail to see the connection.

Weedmage Princess
02-25-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Myshel
Perfume, Tresor.

Oh wow I wear Tresor too!! I usually wear it in the winter! Sometimes I'll wear Estee by Estee Lauder but usually it's Tresor.

I use DKNY in the summertime cause it's a lil lighter..