PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Alias

Kinslar
05-19-2009, 10:34 PM
How do I transfer aliases between characters? I tried adding them to the <aliases> section of the .sage profile. But PSINet seems to ignore any changes to that file.

And thank you very much for putting this together!

Donquix
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
That should work, perhaps you copied them wrong? It should look like this...

<Aliases>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<Silent>false</Silent>
<AliasSet>
<Alias Name="COL" ExpandsTo="sign smiting\rsign striking\rsign swords\r" Enabled="true" />
(other aliases here)
</AliasSet>
</Aliases>

Just worked for me.

worse comes to worse you could easily move them over with some cut and paste, or with a quick script.

list your aliases on the source character, copy them all into a notepad file. Do a find/replace for ALIAS and replace with "PUT ALIAS", save it as a script and run it.

Are you sure you copied them to the main <charactername>.sage file in the profiles folder and not to the <charactername>.debug.sage file?

Kinslar
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Now that I look at your snippet I bet I was not careful enough and put them before the <alias set> line. Will go test now.

JamusPsi
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Actually, type ALIAS LIST. You'll see a list of your aliases, listed as though they were commands. Copy them, go to another window, and paste them into the game screen. Paste will send each line, in order, to the game, and because they are listed as commands, they will be set.

Donquix
05-21-2009, 01:42 PM
or that.

Funny thing is i do that all the time on accident when i have large blocks of crap on my clipboard and i brainfarted and forgot about that.