PDA

View Full Version : The Universal Travel Script v1.1

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Notes on this release:
- Three variables (for now) have to be set prior to using this script, your %weapon, %sheath, and %shield variables.

- You MUST have the necessary money PRIOR to starting the script.

- If you're gonna spell up, do it first, this script moves fast, and dropped commands are bad

- Currently, the main problem is dropping commands, mostly movement. If you pause the script (SHIFT + ESC) and then go up to the last direction before the pause, then unpause (ESC), you should be all set.

I think that's it. Please, let me know additional locations you want to do. Currently, travel is limited between Wehnimer's Landing, Icemule, Solhaven, Zul Logoth, Zhindel's Post, Ta'Illistim, and Ta'Vaalor.

There are plans to put in Sylvarrend , the Caravansary, and Pinefar, and eventually River's Rest. I'll be working out the glocky bits for a bit, like when to have weapons out, stance, etc, etc, and work on slowing it down a bit. Without further ado:

(Bob, you might want to save it as something else, since I took out a few of your locations, like the Caravansary and Krolvin).

One feature I'd especially like to work on is off timing (basically having a "match subroutine ...wait 1" sort of thing).

Edited to add: v1.1 to tweak some new rooms added in the past year or so. Will be culling some things to streamline the script this week, since now I *am* unemployed, even if it is only a month vacation thing.

-TheE-

[Edited on 12-15-2005 by TheEschaton]

[Edited on 12-15-2005 by TheEschaton]

Bobmuhthol
02-21-2004, 07:58 PM
<<Three variables (for now) have to be set prior to using this script, your %weapon, %sheath, and %shield variables.>>

And if I don't have a shield?

J-Tech
02-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Don't set anything.....

J.T.

Bobmuhthol
02-21-2004, 08:11 PM
I assumed he put in a Waitfor You remove or something.

Drew2
02-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Landing to Solhaven doesn't work.

Latrinsorm
02-21-2004, 08:23 PM
It's "You sling" Bob.

HAHAHHAHA I'M SMARTER THAN BOB....

.... who's 13 years old. A moral victory, nontheless.

<< Currently, travel is limited between Wehnimer's Landing, Icemule, Solhaven, Zul Logoth, Zhindel's Post, Ta'Illistim, and Ta'Vaalor. >>
That's what I call limited, alright. :D

Hulkein
02-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Just grab a wooden shield.

Edit- And thanks E for making it.

[Edited on 2-22-2004 by Hulkein]

Artha
02-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Or just type 'You sling' when it hangs up.

Reyek
02-21-2004, 09:50 PM
if you put NEXTROOM before every move command it wont ever get a type ahead error.... or at least i think anyway....

Artha
02-21-2004, 09:52 PM
If you just put 'move' instead of 'put' when you're moving, it won't get the type ahead error.

Bobmuhthol
02-21-2004, 09:53 PM
If you put PUT instead of MOVE for everything, you also don't get a typeahead.

<3 PsiNet.

Reyek
i have a script from landing to nations that usues move commands and i get type ahead errors once in a blue moon. but it does happen. usually when lag hits

Trinitis
Originally posted by Reyek
if you put NEXTROOM before every move command it wont ever get a type ahead error.... or at least i think anyway....

the MOVE command is suposed to do the same..but with the weird way scripts work now, it still tends to muck up.

Also, the matches should be just You.

Because some people keep their shields in containers, where as other wear them...You matches both :)

-Adredrin

Reyek
02-21-2004, 09:58 PM
yea cause it can match i can not find what you refer to incase you dont have one.

good idea Adredrin :)

Trinitis
02-21-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm not 100% sure on it matching for not having one..

I was matching for "You" not "you". I think match and waitfor strings are case sensitive.

-Adredrin

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Landing to Solhaven works for me.

I was testing on a basic subscription, and I've got a fast computer....and there was no lag, so I dropped a few commands.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 10:05 PM
And I'm not MATCHing getting weapons or shields at all, just sending the commands. There's enough WAITs around them that those commands, at least, should never drop.

Edited to Add:
And I use MOVE for the cardinal directions, PUT for GO and CLIMB directions (since MOVE CLIMB BOULDER seemed to be not working on the matching, at least).

-TheE-

[Edited on 2-22-2004 by TheEschaton]

Reyek
02-21-2004, 10:05 PM
I could not find what you were referring to. ....verbatim

Trinitis
02-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
I could not find what you were referring to. ....verbatim

Right, and the other two..

You remove..

You sling..

like I said, I was thinking of matching for "You", and I think waitfors and matches are case sensitive.

IE...

match go You

Would catch if you removed the shield from your shoulder..or took it from a container..but I don't think it would if you don't have a shield..because of the case difference. Not 100% sure on that..

Course, if he is just doing waits..there is no problem to begin with.

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 10:21 PM
If you don't have one of the three variables, like a shield, just leave the spot blank.

It'll send nonsense commands to the game, like "remove my", but not anything that'll slow things down to a crawl.

-TheE-

Artha
02-21-2004, 10:25 PM
You could use the built in ones.

For example, gird to whip out both weapon and shield, store shield to put it away (wears it by default, stows it if it can't) and sheath to put away the weapon.

Latrinsorm
I don't think there is a "I could not find blah blah" any more. I'm almost positive they changed it to "Get what?".

Artha
yep.

>get lahgkha
Get what?

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Hell, I don't even know how to set those things, Artha.. :(

Apparently I didn't know about deposit all til earlier today either.

-TheE-

Artha
02-21-2004, 10:33 PM
If you use SF, it's really easy. Just type Store List, and Point and Click your way through.

Latrinsorm
02-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Artha
If you use SF, I thought you were cool.

Artha
02-21-2004, 10:38 PM
SF pwnz. You can take your wizard and scamper back to the mid-90s, where you belong.

Latrinsorm
02-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Artha
SF pwnz. You can take your wizard and scamper back to the mid-90s, where you belong. Weren't you like 9 in the mid-90s? I was 11. Word to your mother. I'm gonna go buy some Nirvana cassettes.

Artha
02-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Uh huh. Vanilla Ice called. He says to say hi to MilliVanilla and the Wizard.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/rappers/vanilla.jpg

His hair also wants to say hi.

Miss X
02-21-2004, 11:23 PM
omfg. Artha = my new hero....

Artha
02-21-2004, 11:41 PM
w00t.

TheEschaton
02-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Why don't you take your StormFront and make it bow down at the altar of zMUD?

If I could convince a significant portion of Gemstoners to use zMUD, I would exclusively code in that.

I don't even know why Simu even cut a deal with zMUD, if they're so afraid of AFK scripters and all that - zMUD was born to AFK script.

I think that's why they limit the language of the Script language in the FE. So you can't make the thing fucking anywhere near intelligent.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
02-22-2004, 12:17 AM
I can't count how many times I said, "Wow, this would be a cool thing to script. And it would only take minutes to code in BASIC."

Then I remembered Simu made the language and killed myself.

TheEschaton
02-22-2004, 12:22 AM
I can only imagine what their GSL looks like. If the same idiots who made the script language for the FE made GSL, it's a wonder they get anything done.

I mean, come on, didn't they ever take Programming Languages in school? How to build a proper grammar and syntax for a non-interpretive language?

-TheE-

02-22-2004, 12:25 AM
What kind of stuff do you have your scripts do in Zmud

TheEschaton
02-22-2004, 12:26 AM
For example, this travel script.

Basically, I could simply make Tsoran's maps into real, interactive maps on zMUD with zMapper, with rooms that can have anything from cardinal exits, to go exits, to climb exits, to puzzles for exits. It would take a long time, but I bet (if I was unemployed) I could do at LEAST all the towns with it. And then, when I needed to go somewhere, I just would be able to ref the room.

Imagine that. Being in Wehnimer's and typing the ocmmand goto IllistimDais, which could be an alias for the label for the particular room (probably a number). And then you actually going there.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
02-22-2004, 12:30 AM
I have various projects in zMUD, at various stages of completion.

One of them, as long as you have the fletcher, and the wood source labeled on your map, will take you from 0 to 500 ranks of fletching. Without an iota of input from me the player.

Another one, you can do all the non-partner Rogue guild skills, from 0 to 63, without any input other than where you could go for audience reps, and where you want to do critter reps. (so, Rogue Gambits, Stunmaneuvers).

I'm working on one of those for the warrior guild as well, for Berserk, Warrior Tricks, and Batter Barrier (the three non-partnered skills).

Eventually I plan on working on a partner interface, either whether you have a zombie partner you control, or someone else who is actually a different player.

Basically, any repetitive motion - zMUD can do. zMUD would pwn DR.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
02-22-2004, 12:41 AM
As an aside, you can get through all of the Warrior Guild skills without a partner. It just takes a bit longer, as you have to trade your tasks. Concievably, one could go from 0-63 in disarm/tackle/warcries without a partner, it would probably take awhile though, considering you have to do about twice as much work (or in the case of tackle, about 300 times as much, damn dummies).

TheEschaton
02-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Well, when you think of it - those ranks have basically a few tasks:

Masters
2 scriptable tasks (whether's it's raking/polishing, dummies, whatever)
2 partner tasks (give and receive)
and critter reps.

Provided you could script 4 of them (and critters are a pain to script, believe me), you'd have to trade on all partner reps. This would be all well and good, if there weren't established patterns.

For example, my warrior is doing berserk right now.

In the beginning of the rank, he gets a few sauna/ice tub reps....then he ALWAYS gets critter reps, like 7 or 8 times in a row. And then 1 or 2 ice tub/sauna reps to finish up.

-TheE-

02-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Well, when you get one for gambits let me know.

imported_Kranar
02-22-2004, 05:03 AM
<< I think that's why they limit the language of the Script language in the FE. So you can't make the thing fucking anywhere near intelligent. >>

This is correct; the original beta version of the WizardFE had a superior scripting language that had variables, conditional statements, and loops. Those features were removed to prevent AFK scripting. I wish someone kept a version of that WizardFE and I do remember Tsoran saying he had it but deleted it under the assumption that old versions of the WizardFE couldn't be used to log onto Gemstone, which turns out to be false.

<< I mean, come on, didn't they ever take Programming Languages in school? How to build a proper grammar and syntax for a non-interpretive language? >>

All scripting languages are interpretive. But that aside, the difference between interpreters and compilers has nothing to do with the language itself, only how it's processed.

The WizardFE scripting module and GSL are two totally different things that never had anything to do with one another.

The WizardFE was NOT programmed by Simu, they hired a subcontracter to program it, who programmed it independently and who owned the rights to it. This is why the WizardFE had so few updates, and this is why the WizardFE was replaced by StormFront.

A lot of people confuse GSL as being even somewhat similar the scripting module that the WizardFE comes with. GSL is an actual full fledged programming language which supports object oriented programming and everything you would expect from an actual language. The WizardFE and heck even zMUD are just minor scripting languages that have little to nothing to do with programming.

I'd wager that GSL is superior to even Java as a programming language.

[Edited on 2-22-2004 by Kranar]

TheEschaton
02-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I would love to be given a chance to be a GM and actually use GSL.

But apparently they don't need people who can code to be GMs, they need kiss-asses. ;)

-TheE-

Pierat
02-22-2004, 01:42 PM
what version are you looking for, some of us keep old downloads on a old HD and might be able to see if I still have it around

imported_Kranar
02-22-2004, 05:00 PM
You'd have to ask Tsoran what the version was. I don't remember.

Hulkein
02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
How old are we talking? How many years ago was this original Wizard discontinued?

imported_Kranar
02-22-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't know much about the history of the WizardFE.

What I remember was discussing this on the official forums, and Tsoran said that the beta version of the WizardFE just before Gemstone went to the web had these features.

If that version of the WizardFE is the original, then that's the one.

Jonty
02-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I'm not 100% sure on it matching for not having one..

I was matching for "You" not "you". I think match and waitfor strings are case sensitive.

-Adredrin

No, they're not case sensitive.

Tsoran
02-22-2004, 07:17 PM
The version of the Wizard with the nice scripting language was not the 'original' wizard. The original wizard was written for AOL, by a player, completely independantly of Simutronics. When they went to the web, they contracted this person to create a version to connect directly to them, rather than via AOL.

At some point... I'll guess sometime in 1998... there was a version of the Wizard that he released to a few beta testers of his which had a much better scripting language.

Simu decided that was a bad idea, and it was withdrawn.

I can't seem to find any information on it, unfortunately.

Considering Simu now supports ZMud, it would be nice for their own FE's to have better scripting.

TheEschaton
03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Bumping this for the person who wants Pinefar travelling, which will be added this evening.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Here is v1.1, in the new version is travel to Pinefar, no falling.

On the slippery bits, I put a pause in of 10 seconds, which, I know, can be a bit hairy.

Plus, there is no current support for if you fail one of the numerous climbs, since I've yet to fail a climb. If anyone has messaging which is universal for all failed climbs, I'd be glad to add it.

Please, be unencumbered. The trip is pretty dangerous, and failing a climb != good.

As always, you must set your %weapon, %shield, and %sheath variables. The last HAS to be filled, whether it's an actual sheath, or a container. If you use archery, keep %weapon blank, and put your bow name in the %shield spot, if you wear your bow, if you store it, put the bow name in the %weapon spot, and your bow case (or whatever) in the %sheath name. If you use two handers, polearms, runestaves, keep %shield blank. If you use two weapons, you're SOL, unless your second weapon is wearable.

-TheE-

03-02-2004, 11:17 AM
You could always make subset for the climbing and match the room descriptions to continue or continue climbing..but thats probaly not something you want if your just gonna turn on a travelling script and go take a piss or something.

TheEschaton
03-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I could....but I did the whole Pinefar update in one evening.

Give me the weekend to tweak it.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Bumped for v1.1, which adds a few rooms not there awhile back.

Will be solidifying Pinefar travel soon soon, and then working on the stowing/girding stuff.

-TheE-