PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in 1 character

Hemloch
05-17-2009, 06:05 PM
My game froze up last night I exited and then tried to reconnect and was unable too. I uninstalled both stormfront and psinet and then tried again, I can log in 3 out of 4 of my characters. I have 4 characters (2 On 2 accounts). I can log 3 of them in no problem but one of them won't log in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and no luck. I'm by no means a computer wiz, (I can barely type) Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks for any advice.

Sylvan Dreams
05-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Error message?

Hemloch
05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Nvm, I finally got it to work, I don't know what happened or how I exactly fixed it, but it is working now.

Thank you

Hemloch
05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
For some reason when I run a guild script the game locks up and when I try and relog in I can't. It's fine without psinet running though. Some kind of conflict between the guild script and psinet. I'm clueless I don't know much about programming etc...

Hemloch
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Now the same character is bugged again and won't log in while the other 3 can. I have no clue what is going wrong.

JamusPsi
05-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Stormfront scripts, when very very large, can bog down psinet tremendously as it tries to process each line as a command- because they are being sent to the server for synchronization.

Either turn off roaming/server-side scripts, or uninstall PsiNet, login to the character and let the scripts synchronize, then install psinet again. Until the script changes again, you shouldn't have a problem.

Also, sometimes letting it sit at that hung spot while it synchronizes the script will eventually work. Sometimes it seems to time out though.