PDA

View Full Version : the new hunting areas in rivers rest and ta'vaalor anybody got scripts?

deadly
05-17-2009, 08:26 AM
looking for travel scripts to and from the new areas in River's rest and ta'vaalor also what level range of the critters that are in that area.

thanks again for the help.

if anybody uses psinet and has those areas mapped already that would be even better.

~deadl

Ryvicke
05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
There's a travel script to sorc isle in Vaalor in the Ta'Vaalor town folder here, it's a pain to row the boats so once you get there most people just set rings.

DoctorUnne
05-18-2009, 04:08 PM
I can't help you with the script but on the RR hunting areas, the range is 44-54 in the keep and 54-62 in the citadel. Within those ranges there is something at each even level. Here are the ones I know off the top of my head, the rest you can find in the RR Hunting & Combat folder on the officials in the old posts.

Keep
Necrotic snake 44
Rotting chimera 46
Gaunt spectral servant 48
Flesh golem 50
Tomb troll 52
Tomb troll necromancer 54

Citadel
The remaining monster 54
Something guardsman (I think) 56
Something arbalester 58
Something herald 60
Phantasmal bestial swordsman 62

Senglent
05-18-2009, 05:45 PM
http://groups.google.com/group/ElanthianGS/files

Never used a script to travel in RR when I played. But I mapped it out that link gives you maps and critters, where to find wich ones and the level on them.

Donquix
05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Happen to remember what sort of armor the lower stuff (chimera, serpent, spectral) wear? I'm assuming light to none?

Might be an excellent place for me to graduate to in a couple levels (or now, heh)

mrjrd222
05-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Happen to remember what sort of armor the lower stuff (chimera, serpent, spectral) wear? I'm assuming light to none?

Might be an excellent place for me to graduate to in a couple levels (or now, heh)

The chimera and snakes had 25 CvA I know that, but their skin was probably about Brig level?

The servants were probably in robes or light leather, but they run cloak of shadows which can be annoying if you don't kill them in one shot (their TD is pretty decent for their level, and the level of stuff around them).

Donquix
05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
mmm...brig should be ok. Damn small weapons of mine.

...and cloak of shadows? yeah that would not work out well for me at all. Heh

DoctorUnne
05-19-2009, 03:46 PM
mmm...brig should be ok. Damn small weapons of mine.

...and cloak of shadows? yeah that would not work out well for me at all. Heh

I've only killed a couple so far, but I believe they're like those semi-corporeal undead that give out crit messaging but don't actually die, like ice wraiths or spectral woodsmen. It sounds like you might be an ambusher so that's just something to keep in mind. Also someone said they itchy curse which could be bad news.

I have no experience with the chimeras or snakes, but the tomb trolls and tomb troll necromancers (52 and 54) are pretty soft and rich as all hell.

Donquix
05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Nope, warrior small weapon MoC. Will be up to 4 swings (8 attacks) in a couple levels :)

I usually kill by attrition/weapon flares. Death crits happen but i don't rely on them. When possible I coup.

Brawler, so I fu when the weapons aren't reliable.

Currently I'm hunting varunar when i just want to fry quickly. Knock down the skeletal lords with twin hammerfists and kick their skulls in, phantasmas i feint (to keep them from insta decaying on their next action tick) and mstrike, 1 mstrike kills but they're squishy.