PDA

View Full Version : Roxia

Wrathbringer
05-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Roxia appears to be clueless. Maybe this is an isolated occurrence, I don't know. Don't know if any of you have had similar experiences with her or not. About a year ago I was shield bashing with a gleaming eonake tower shield that inspected as wood and I was tracked down by a gm to have it changed to inspect as eonake. I recently acquired a couple more, so I thought I'd just assist and have it done before enchanting them since magic metals are easier to enchant than wood. This is what followed:

You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from on an armor stand.
>
You hear the faint creak of a pulley turning behind the wall. The weapon rack, armor stand, and clothing wardrobe ascend into the ceiling above. Two panels slide open on the floor, and a magical item bin and a deep chest disappear into their hidden depths.

>go open
[Paupers, Vault]
Light from several torches flickers over silver sconces fastened to the walls. Legend has it that this heavily carpeted, soundproofed vault once successfully protected a king's ransom from an attempted siege by rampaging barbarians. Few have attempted to breach the security of the members' steel-reinforced storage lockers in modern times, for tales of the consequences abound and are not for the faint of heart. You also see a steel door and a curtained opening.
Also here: GameHost Perezz
Obvious exits: south
>
You offer your eonake tower shield to Perezz, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
>
You bow to Perezz.
>
Your SIGN OF SMITING is no longer effective.
>
You carefully inspect your eonake tower shield.

Your careful inspection of a gleaming eonake tower shield allows you to conclude that it is a medium shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand. You determine that you could wear the shield, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The shield appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of wood.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
Perezz says, "I can't accept."
>
Perezz says, "Sorry."
>
You rub your chin thoughtfully.
>
Offer cancelled.
>
You ask, "Ya not need to?"
>
You sling a gleaming eonake tower shield over your shoulder.
>
You sling a gleaming eonake tower shield off from over your shoulder.
>
You sling a black tower shield over your shoulder.
>
You see GameHost Perezz.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be very young. He has piercing stormy grey eyes and olive skin. He has shoulder length, tied back steel grey hair with a black streak running through it. He has a gaunt face, a small nose and a pronounced jawline.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a raccoon fur hat with a striped tail hanging down the back, a large bear claw necklace, a shiny silver medallion, a blue and green plaid wool scarf with knotted fringe, a carved obsidian crow pin, some fur-lined fingerless leather gloves, a weathered leather game satchel slung over his shoulder, a fringed buckskin jacket, some rusted metal traps suspended from a battered leather belt, some fringed buckskin leggings, and some rugged leather boots.
>
Perezz says, "I would have to refer you so a GM can fix that for you."
>
You say, "Aha."
>
You nod to Perezz.
>
You say, "Inspects as wood."
>
Perezz nods.
>
You say, "I has anudder one dat does too."
>
Perezz asks, "Ok, so two shields?"
>
You say, "Wunnerful."
>
You smile.
>
Roxia quietly shows up.
>l
[Paupers, Vault]
Light from several torches flickers over silver sconces fastened to the walls. Legend has it that this heavily carpeted, soundproofed vault once successfully protected a king's ransom from an attempted siege by rampaging barbarians. Few have attempted to breach the security of the members' steel-reinforced storage lockers in modern times, for tales of the consequences abound and are not for the faint of heart. You also see the Sorrowen disk, a steel door and a curtained opening.
Also here: GameMaster Roxia, GameHost Perezz
Obvious exits: south
>
You blink.
>
You smile.
>
Roxia says, "I think we can fix this quickly."
>
You say, "Evenin."
>
Roxia says, "Hi."
>
Roxia asks, "The shields look like wood?"
>
You say, "Mmhm."
>
You nod to Roxia.
>
You say, "Do."
>
Roxia asks, "May I see one of them?"
>
You offer your eonake tower shield to Roxia, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
>
You say, "Shorely."
>
Roxia put a vultite falchion in her white robe.
>
Roxia put a vultite shield in her white robe.
>
Roxia has accepted your offer and is now holding a gleaming eonake tower shield.
>l rox
You see GameMaster Roxia the Privateer.
She appears to be a Human from Araime Clan.
She is taller than average and appears to be young and untried. She has brown eyes and ebon skin. She has long, thickly-braided red hair tied back in white linen kerchief. She has a heart-shaped face, a flaring nose and an obvious scar across her throat. Disconcertingly, she floats along half an inch above the ground instead of touching it.She has a tiny butterfly on her ankle.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a gleaming eonake tower shield in her right hand.
She is wearing some ink black spiked steel plate, a simple white robe tied with a linen sash, a silver scroll-shaped locket, an ivory-inlaid platinum headband, a crystal amulet, a tiny furry roa'ter pin, a large gold hoop earring, a new and shiny silver locket, a custom-made kitten sling, a wicker hamper, a gold star, a blue furry roa'ter pin, a soft white linen pouch clasped with a large gold bead, a pair of simple rope sandals, a polished copper arrow pin, some round gold-framed spectacles, a large trash bag, and a red begonia.
>
You rub your chin thoughtfully.
>
Roxia asks, "Where did you get this?"
>
You say, "Bought it from a folk."
>
You nod to Roxia.
>
The fires from the torches suddenly die down as an eerie cackle is heard from down the hallway. The laughter fades, and the torches blaze once more.
>
You say, "Same wif da odder one."
>
You smile.
>
You say, "Er... nice trash bag ya has..."
>
You nod to Roxia.
>
You fidget.
>
You say, "Dere be barrels around town fer such, ya know."
>
Roxia grins at you.
>
Roxia says, "I know. But I like to pick up stuff as I go."
>'wha'e'r floats yer boat...
You say, "Wha'e'r floats yer boat..."
>
You work your fingers under your eonake crown and scratch your head.
>
You realize there are some important matters you should tend to . . . later.
>
You say, "Da odder one be in me shop."
>
You ask, "Shall I run an get it?"
>
You say, "Or ya come wif me in a moment."
>
You raise an eyebrow in Roxia's direction.
>
Roxia says, "Hold on."
>
You bow to Roxia.
>
Roxia says, "I tried changing the material to eonake, but it seems that shields should not be made from eonake."
>
You blink.
>
Roxia rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
You say, "Odd."
>
Roxia begins chuckling at Perezz!
>
Roxia taps a gleaming eonake tower shield, which is in her right hand.
>
Roxia says, "So, this is a little od."
>
Roxia says, "Odd."
>
You say, "Shore is."
>
Roxia says, "Because it's a metal/wood mix."
>
Roxia says, "Thing is, real shields are often wooden."
>
You agree with Roxia.
>
Perezz agrees with Roxia.
>
Roxia says, "And I think the eonake is more of a layer or decoration than the essence of the shield."
>
Roxia asks, "Does that make sense?"
>
You say, "I've had others changed before."
>
You say, "So other than that, yes."
>
Roxia nods.
>
Roxia says, "I can't really change it to eonake, though."
>
You ask, "Is it working properly?"
>
Roxia says, "It should be."
>
You ask, "So it's sanctified wood?"
>
You ask, "+25?"
>
Speaking to you, Perezz says, "I think she should bolt you and we can check."
>
Perezz snickers.
>
You say, "Amusing."
>
You turn away from Perezz, ignoring him.
>
You smile at Roxia.
>
Perezz begins pouting.
>
Roxia chuckles.
>
Roxia says, "Well, okay...."
>
Roxia says, "It seems to be working as a sanctified object."
>
You say, "Cause it be eonake."
>
You chuckle.
>
Roxia says, "It says it should flare, if used offensively."
>
You say, "Awrighty."
>
You ask, "And be of 5 enchants?"
>
You raise an eyebrow in Roxia's direction.
>
Roxia says, "As a shield--eonake doesn't really make a difference."
>
You say, "Except that it's sanctified."
>
Roxia nods to you.
>
You nod.
>
Roxia says, "And it's five enchancts."
>
Roxia offers you a gleaming eonake tower shield. Type ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
>
You say, "Hmm, let me clarify."
>acc
You accept Roxia's offer and are now holding a gleaming eonake tower shield.
>
You ask, "Wood should be -20, no?"
>
Roxia says, "So, although it's a little confused."
>
Roxia says, "It's 5x, above the normal 4x shield enchantment."
>
You ask, "It is +25?"
>
Roxia grins.
>
Roxia says, "+45."
>
You nod to Roxia.
>
The fires from the torches suddenly die down as an eerie cackle is heard from down the hallway. The laughter fades, and the torches blaze once more.
>
Roxia says, "+25 plus the normal +20."
>
You say, "That's what I needed to know."
>
You smile.
>
Roxia nods.
>
You swap your eonake tower shield from your right to your left hand.
>
Roxia says, "It's hard to communicate with shields."
>
You say, "Really is."
>
You chuckle.
>
You put a gleaming eonake tower shield in your eonake mesh longcoat.
>
You remove a gleaming eonake tower shield from in your eonake mesh longcoat.
>
You carefully examine the eonake tower shield and determine that the weight is about 6 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
Heatless violet flames burn across the shield.
>
You put a gleaming eonake tower shield in your eonake mesh longcoat.
>
You say, "So about eonake..."
>
You ask, "Should it be armor?"
>
Roxia says, "We wouldn't use eonake for making shields nowadays."
>
You ask, "Armor?"
>
Roxia rubs her chin thoughtfully.
>
You say, "I'm just curious, my business is concluded."
>
You smile.
>
Roxia says, "No, we wouldn't use eonake for armor."
>
Perezz smiles.
>
Roxia nods to you.
>
You say, "Good to know."
>
Roxia says, "It just took me a minute to find out."
>
You say, "So my eonake armor is nice."
>
You wiggle your eyebrows.
>
You bow to Roxia.
>
Roxia nods.
>
>
You say, "Thank you for your time."
>
Roxia says, "But sort of meaningless."
>
You say, "Except that it's sanctified."
>
You nod.
>
Roxia says, "Since the properties of eonake don't really matter. Any metal will protect you from the undead."
>
You say, "But not all accept guiding light flares."
>
You say, "Only sanctified."
>
You say, "For combat maneuvers, of course."
>
Roxia nods.
>
Roxia says, "That makes sense."
>
You say, "Good luck wif yer trash collectin."
>
You nod to Roxia.
>
You try hard not to grin.
>
Roxia grins.
>.
You say, "Tankee lots fer ye times."
>
You bow to Perezz.
>
You bow to Roxia.
>
Perezz says, "You're welcome."
>
Roxia says, "Good luck with your incredibly cool gear."

What's funny, is that I edited out the portion where she offers to change my black tower shield (which inspected as wood) to vultite (which she did) even though it mentions vultite nowhere in the description. Yet my eonake tower shield should be wood. I wrote the bottomless black hole that is feedback for some clarification. We'll see if I get it. Thought about assisting with a different account and trying again. Anything else I might try? Thanks.

Belnia
05-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Going off the ancient list Banthis posted way back in the day, he had eonake marked as okay for weapons but not for armor and shields. So I guess it's not a new idea, only that it's actually being enforced now.

I agree though, a lot of eonake shields went out. Seems sort of silly not to have sanctified shields and armor available for paladins who actually want to use Shield Bash/Charge or Guiding Light for Bullrush.

Asha
05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
I thought you were setting yourself up for an uber nerf, at first.

Wrathbringer
05-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Going off the ancient list Banthis posted way back in the day, he had eonake marked as okay for weapons but not for armor and shields. So I guess it's not a new idea, only that it's actually being enforced now.

I agree though, a lot of eonake shields went out. Seems sort of silly not to have sanctified shields and armor available for paladins who actually want to use Shield Bash/Charge or Guiding Light for Bullrush.

Wasn't aware of the Banthis thing. Especially since they just released three eonake shields with banshee flares not all that long ago, didn't they?

Besides that, if they don't want anymore eonake shields/armor, that's fine with me. Don't make any more of them. But this is obviously eonake, so do the right thing, you know?

Edit: Sanctified armor and shields are being dropped by the treasure system, and shields are able to be sanctified via raffle win at CCF, so they are available. Not sure why eonake is getting the hate here.

Some Rogue
05-14-2009, 09:20 AM
It also says on the website that Eonake is for weapons only. I'd say the real fuck up then was making new armor/shields out of it and not that the old stuff isn't.

NocturnalRob
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I'd say the real fuck up is the retarded way you talk. I guess that's what passes for RP? Nice...

Asha
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
RP during a referral though. That would wind me right up if I was the GM.

Wrathbringer
05-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd say the real fuck up is the retarded way you talk. I guess that's what passes for RP? Nice...

Yes, I RP far less than intelligent giant, so he that's how he talks. And no, it's not that big of a stretch for me to do so.

Allereli
05-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes, I RP far less than intelligent giant, so he that's how he talks. And no, it's not that big of a stretch for me to do so.

GM and Host interractions are OOC, you can drop the act and speak clearly

Wrathbringer
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
RP during a referral though. That would wind me right up if I was the GM.

Hmm, not sure if you mean that in a good way or a bad way. Is it considered bad form to RP during a referral? I always have... Normally, if I'm in game, I'm in character, regardless of what's going on around me. Admittedly, I lapsed a bit in the middle of the log once I began getting annoyed with what I consider her obvious incompetence.

Wrathbringer
05-14-2009, 10:05 AM
GM and Host interractions are OOC, you can drop the act and speak clearly

Ah, good to know, thanks.

Wrathbringer
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, -26 rep points for RPing with a GM. You guys are brutal. ;)

Fallen
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
So..if shields AREN'T supposed to be able to be made of Eonake...how do you come across a sanctified shield? Paladins should really gain the mains to sanctify gear beyond their sword. It should come with additional benefits BEYOND sanctification, like +AS/DS/CML against Undead, perhaps enhancive bonuses as well.

Bhuryn
05-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I have an old 6x large shield that is actually made from eonake that was not sanctified (GM fixed it for me). Shields are pretty much a crap shoot from my experience =P.

Senglent
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Going to have to agree that if they are going to go by the rule of no Eonake armor/shields then why did they release the stuff (a couple shields) during the last EG (that would be the one person who mentioned the banshee flare shields).

Seems kinda sad and fucked up they can't even go by their own rules, but then again it's their game so unless you can argue it out on the spot you just got to deal with it.

Messianic Manic
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
It was more than just a couple of eonake shields released at Ebon's Gate festivals. It was at least 6. The last Gate that had the auction released 4 of them and then one of the more recent Gates gave away at least two by raffle. They were calling it "greater eonake" for the auction, if that matters at all.

Senglent
05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I just remeber the 2 raffled ones with the permanent banshee flares, not saying there was not more just that I have two logged as going out at the last EG.

Messianic Manic
05-14-2009, 10:22 PM
The other 4 can be found listed on Nilandia's site http://nilandia.com/ click on Merchants and then click on Ebon Gate Festival Auction - October/November 2006. There was one for each shield size. Demand some answers, OP!

Bhuryn
05-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, it's definatly not a rule they followed even before that. Mine is way older then those.

Ignot
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM

Ah agree wit wah Rob says. Talkin like dat ges so annoyin. Deh need to add sum type of "Tone" verb er sometins.

Wrathbringer
05-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Ah agree wit wah Rob says. Talkin like dat ges so annoyin. Deh need to add sum type of "Tone" verb er sometins.

Actually, for him it would be:

"Talkin like dat gits sae annoyin. Dem needa add some kinda Tone verb er sumtin."

Decent effort though.

Ignot
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Actually, for him it would be:

"Talkin like dat gits sae annoyin. Dem needa add some kinda Tone verb er sumtin."

Decent effort though.

Ah tanks fer dah correctins. Aye need to work more on meh RP gramma.

Wrathbringer
05-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't see why you'd need to speak like my char. You RP as you wish, and I'll do the same.

Asha
05-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't see why you'd need to speak like my char. You RP as you wish, and I'll do the same.

He's taking the piss. Calm down.

Wrathbringer
05-15-2009, 11:22 AM
He's taking the piss. Calm down.

What's that mean?

Fallen
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM
I think the expression is "Taking the piss out of you." Or "Taking the mickey out of you." I could be completely off on that. I think it is roughly equal to He is just messing with you.

Asha
05-15-2009, 12:05 PM
it is roughly equal to He is just messing with you.

This.
Also Yanks are cute.

The Scholar
05-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I tend to continue my RP when in an assist (unless they happen to be Dhe'nar, in which case I wouldn't get my assist) even know I know it's OOC. Unless I'm pulled into a consultation lounge and then I'm out of my element.

Lord Orbstar
05-28-2009, 01:44 PM
i also stai in character w/GMs. nothing wrong with it...or even talking like jar-jar binks if that's what you like.

B2
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM
If someone can't understand you, they're going to have a harder time sorting out your problem.

Whisper to the staff member OOC if you don't want to visibly break character, but come on guys--they are there to help you. You need to help them. Making them guess what you meant by veiled IC remarks doesn't do it.