PDA

View Full Version : Two Weapon Combat

CrystalTears
02-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Two Weapon Combat · on 2/18/2004 11:33:57 AM 176

Within the next few days, the following changes and additions will be released for Two Weapon Combat (TWC). Please post any questions that come up as you experiment with TWC.

When wielding a weapon in each hand, an attacker may both attack and parry with each weapon. Unskilled attackers will not always find an opening for their left hand strike, and they will receive less parry defense than skilled users.

Determination of whether the left hand strike finds an opening is based on a comparison of the attacker's Two Weapon Combat (TWC) ranks vs the defender's level. Characters double-trained in TWC will find openings 100% of the time against opponents up to 5 levels over their own. Characters 1.5x trained in TWC will find openings 100% of the time against like-level opponents. Characters singled in TWC will find openings 80% of the time against like-level opponents. Roundtime is incurred whether the attacker finds an opening or not.

The Attack Strength (AS) for the offhand weapon is calculated similarly to the primary weapon (see the Combat Guide), with the following differences:
1. Where the primary weapon uses the attacker?s relevant weapon skill, the offhand weapon uses (3/5 x Weapon Skill) + (2/5 x TWC skill).
2. Where Strength bonus is added to the primary weapon attack roll, the lesser of the attacker?s Strength bonus and Dexterity bonus will be added to the offhand weapon attack roll.

Defensively, parry defense for an offhand weapon is calculated the same as a primary weapon, with the following differences:
1. Rather than use the relevant weapon ranks in determining a character's ability to parry, the character's two-weapon combat ranks are used.
2. At the point where a character's primary weapon Parry Defense Strength (DS) is calculated as (Parry Ability + Stance/2), the Parry DS for the offhand is instead calculated as (Parry Ability/2 + 5). For main gauches and sais, an additional 10 DS is granted. Sais and main gauches also grant the defender a bonus to avoid an attack outright by parrying.

Roundtime (RT):
Roundtime for TWC is similar to normal roundtime, with the speeds of the two weapons being added together. If the offhand weapon?s speed is as fast or faster than the primary weapon, a bonus reduction is applied to the attacker?s roundtime. The resulting total is used when evaluating the minimum cap for RT. Heavy weapons in the offhand will also increase the roundtime.

Tsa`ah
02-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Woo!

About damned time they did something for two fisted furies.

02-21-2004, 01:27 AM
what happend to TOJ?

Soulpieced
02-21-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah, they ruined it. Yet another great implementation by Simu.

Ambrosia
02-21-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm no number cruncher, is this good or bad?

Kitsun
02-21-2004, 02:05 AM
I think they actually helped singlers in the TWC skill by making it mostly based off the weapon type. So doubling in it has a lesser effect. I'm not sure of the full impact to be honest, too many number changes and I didn't get to hunt as my little TWC'ers as of yet.

Latrinsorm
02-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Ambrosia
I'm no number cruncher, is this good or bad? Good.

Weedmage Princess
02-22-2004, 09:49 AM
I'd still like to see a lil tinkering with the roundtimes...and something just a bit more for people who double in both their primary weapon type AND two weapon combat...that is, if the defense bonus is the same for people who both single and double.

IcyPoison
02-22-2004, 10:53 AM
My Brawling TWC Bard had an AS change of 2 in his off hand.

I believe my defense went up, but I don't watch that as closely.

Weedmage Princess
02-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Your defense should have went up some, Icy.

Some people had a jump of like +50 to their DS. Mine jumped as well, though not that high.

IcyPoison
02-22-2004, 02:36 PM
My roundtime went up by 1. Two fist-scythes, 5 seconds, used to be 4. :(