PDA

View Full Version : Recharging/Clearing an item.

Trinitis
02-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Anyone mind going through the steps for recharging for me?

Also. If I remember right, there was a way to remove a spell from a non-crumbly item and embed it with something else? Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

-Adredrin

crazymage
02-20-2004, 06:49 PM
pour grot on orb gem , cast 517 at gem. Cast 517 on the orb until it gets all big, then hold item in hand and rub the orb, keep casting 517 on the orb when it shrinks.

2.If the item is re-imbeddible, use all its charges then pour grot on it.

Trinitis
02-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Ah, and whats the best way to tell if its re-imbedable? :)

Thanks for the help Crazymage :)

crazymage
02-20-2004, 06:52 PM
a bard can tell, says something like' you sense the 'blah' could handle an entirely new spell if handled properly'

Trinitis
02-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Hrmm..anyone able to tell me why this happened?

>cast pearl
You gesture at a tiny pink pearl.
The pink pearl quickly expands into a blue pulsating orb!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>prep 517
Wait 1 sec.
>cast pearl
You don't have a spell prepared!
>prep 517
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Charge Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast pearl
Cast at what?
>cast orb
You gesture at a pulsating orb.
You gesture over the pulsating orb while muttering a few arcane phrases.
You are unable to concentrate completely.
The pulsating orb shrinks somewhat.
>prep 517
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Charge Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast orb
You gesture at a pulsating orb.
You gesture over the pulsating orb while muttering a few arcane phrases.
You are unable to concentrate completely.
The pulsating orb shrinks somewhat.
The pulsating orb suddenly implodes into nothing but some lingering smoke.

Kitsun
02-20-2004, 08:18 PM
The orb is most vulnerable when newly cast and I guess 'shrunken' in size. You failed twice at a very bad time. Make sure your not encumbered, full health, no injuries, no scars, full spirit before you try again. You get random failures like that occasionally but it takes especially bad luck for the beginning two casts heh.

Either any of that or your ill trained for the spell. If your about par with abilities, I'd gamble on bad luck.

If you want a little more detail for recharging processes, go to...

http://www.dreamharvest.com/GS/recharge.htm

Kitsun
02-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh. I forgot. GEM QUALITY! Very important! I found that low quality gems have a higher tendency to a) explode faster b) shrink when you want them to be useful

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Anything worth less than 5k is a bad orb.

Kuyuk
05-13-2004, 07:06 PM
How do you get an orb gem? I'm tryin this and I'm pourin grot on gems and it's just evaporating?

grumble

K

Artha
05-13-2004, 07:24 PM
When a gem can't be purified any more, it's an orb gem. You can have bards sing to them, I guess.

Kuyuk
05-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Alright, I got a white sphere with 0 charges of strength in it, I tried to recharge it:

got the orb goin, no problem...

You gesture over the pulsating orb while holding a small white crystal sphere near it.
A strand of pure essence leaps from the orb and onto the sphere!
Nothing else seems to happen.
>
You gesture over the pulsating orb while holding a small white crystal sphere near it.
>

whine

K.

Anebriated
05-13-2004, 07:31 PM
have a bard sing for purpose. if it draws power from you its an orb gem.

Kitsun
05-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Kuyuk, it looks like the item isn't rechargable. Do you know for sure it is supposed to be or were you assuming it was?

Kuyuk
05-13-2004, 07:50 PM
I was assuming, guess I shoulda checked. Eh, I'm new to this.

K.

TheEschaton
05-13-2004, 07:56 PM
I hate how hard recharging is. Out of circle stuff is damn hard to charge nowadays, unless you find someone who specializes in MjE. :(

-TheE-

Stunseed
05-13-2004, 08:21 PM
I'd look into getting an older Wizard who has more ranks in MjE and offer to toss mana at him and pay them for their time.

On that note......Adredrin, recharge a couple items for me? I got mana and a 9k gem ready to go. If you could, that'd be great.

Trinitis
05-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Stunseed
I'd look into getting an older Wizard who has more ranks in MjE and offer to toss mana at him and pay them for their time.

On that note......Adredrin, recharge a couple items for me? I got mana and a 9k gem ready to go. If you could, that'd be great.

Sure thing stun, just U2U me and we'll figure everything out.

Gan
05-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin
have a bard sing for purpose. if it draws power from you its an orb gem.

Here's the message you get if you find one thats rechargeable for spells.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the firestone in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic around the firestone. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though when its charge is depleted, it may be refilled. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the firestone is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose.

This particular firestone heroism in it and is full, if any are interested in buying it....
:whistle:

Kitsun
05-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Found my very first mage rechargable item!

It has ranger dex! Woot!