PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum flaring steel or rolaren short sword

Belnia
05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Want a short sword with vacuum flares. Steel or rolaren only. +20 or greater only, please.

yesicj
05-08-2009, 07:51 AM
At the risk of suggesting the obvious: consider getting someone air-attuned to e-blade a steel short sword until you find something permanent?

Belnia
05-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Nope, want a permanent solution!

Swami71
05-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Think they would do Void flares at CCF?

Belnia
05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Apparently the 2 "special" weapon flares being offered were Acid and Plasma. Acid ain't special if the auto-flarer did it in limitless quantities, and it's offered via premium points/contest prizes.

Belnia
07-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Bump! Found a +0 with the right flares, but I want basic 4x (or more)!

m444w
07-10-2009, 01:21 AM
that 0x will be enchantable RSN.

sfogarty
07-10-2009, 02:26 AM
for ONE BILLION SILVER!

DoctorUnne
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
that 0x will be enchantable RSN.

When was this announced? Was it part of the elemental lore review? I'm pretty excited about this since I use flaring weapons but it's been impossible to find anything above 4x in the base that I want.

Durgrimst
07-10-2009, 12:04 PM
When was this announced? Was it part of the elemental lore review? I'm pretty excited about this since I use flaring weapons but it's been impossible to find anything above 4x in the base that I want.

This was fixed a long time ago, go to your local inn, check in, re roll as a bard, you get a 7x permablessed dual flaring weightless weapon of almost any base and it can't be lost or stolen. And since that sucks so much you also get element resistant armor and a tower shield with the evade factor of a buckler...

Bhuryn
07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Not to mention the flares are substantially better and more frequent than typical flaring weapons.

Belnia
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm betting since it was said to require a lore investment, only the elemental flares (I'm guessing fire, ice, electricity and earth[Vibration]) will be enchantable. Maybe acid since wizards use it.

I'll bet vacuum, disruption, disintegration and all the other exotic flares will remain unenchantable by players.

Bhuryn
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
There could always be some combination of lores required too. Like air + water for lighting, earth + water for acid. Air + fire + water + earth for the rare flares.

Belnia
07-10-2009, 12:49 PM
We'll see! I'm eager for new details on this, as well as the lore thresholds. Also, bring out your vacuum flaring rolaren short swords!

yesicj
07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm betting since it was said to require a lore investment, only the elemental flares (I'm guessing fire, ice, electricity and earth[Vibration]) will be enchantable. Maybe acid since wizards use it.

I'll bet vacuum, disruption, disintegration and all the other exotic flares will remain unenchantable by players.

If anything, I'd expect vacuum to be enchantable before acid, honestly. All you need for vacuum is an air-attuned caster and an e-blade (assuming you don't want to keep casting with an unattuned guy until you get what you want). Back when I still had it, my Stovvel falchion cool as hell (to me, anyway), but the fact that my mage can now create essentially the same thing (4x vacuum flares) kinda dulls the appeal.