PDA

View Full Version : Apartment hunting

Jayvn
05-07-2009, 02:11 AM
We're at the end of our lease, we live sort of a drive from both of our workplaces and are thinking about finding something new/closer to our works.. currently in a pretty decent sized 3 bedroom house for 600 a month.. we dont' even use the third bedroom.

Day 1....

2br/1bath 500 a month
Jesus fucking christ... If you had an apartment for rent..wouldn't you..oh I dont know.. clean it a little? Do people really go and rent this kind of shit.. We ended up looking at 2 places..very briefly today. the first one the lady said the previous tennant didn't stay there much..he had issues somewhere else or something.and the backdoor was open if we wanted to look around..

So we get to this place it's one of those doors long buildings find the right door in the back..and it FUCKING FALLS OFF when we go to turn the knob... I guess by open she meant not attached to the wall.. I got to the bathroom to find the tub looked like a scene from some horror movie where demons come out of the black slime/stains all over it.

2br loft/2 bath 525 a month
2nd was a loft apartment..which I realized today there's no way in hell I could live in what I considered to be a tall 2 story bedroom.. the whole square footage of that place was about as big as my third bedroom in the house we are renting now. The refrig hadn't been cleaned, there was nothing in it..but it was basically gross..

We've got 9 days to sign a new lease or our rent goes way up...

Epic Fail

The Ponzzz
05-07-2009, 04:20 AM
Wow, that's cheap rent though. Why not re-sign the lease where you are?

Jayvn
05-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Yeah, decided to just resign this lease and keep it at 600. I'm fairly certain today was a sign to not go look for a new place... I'm still kind of in shock that the fucking door fell off.. I just hate driving, I'm going to end up with my own store, not working in someone elses and I wanted to be within like Emergency range.. it'll take me a good 20 or 30 minutes to get there from here. Ah well, it's just a year I guess. Anyone wanna rent a room real cheap? heh

The Ponzzz
05-07-2009, 04:53 AM
Yeah. Some landlords are just messed up. Like 5 years ago, I went and saw a place and there was cat shit on the floor. The lady was all like, "Oh, that's my cat, he will have access to your apartment through the pet flap on your door." I was like uhh, no.

Jayvn
05-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Actually.. the coolest part of the place we're in now.. I've never seen the landlord. We pay through remax once a month and if we have issues they'll send someone. I always fucking hated having the landlord stop by... shit I'm weird about my friends just stopping by without me knowing about it before hand. I have to hide the bodies and all... and sometimes get dressed

Jayvn
05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
We came across a place with like 2 days left to make up a set decision with the current realty place.. rent would only be 50 bucks cheaper, but the water is paid and part of the electric..well.the 30 gallon water heater is on the landlords power supply not the house we'll be in..so they just let it go. the only fucked up part is the house is wall to wall carpeting... literally..there's fucking carpet in the kitchen... and the bathrooms.. I've never seen any shit like that before.

Tisket
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Where the hell do you live? That's some cheap ass rent.

Jayvn
05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Central Florida. Ocala area

Sean of the Thread
05-14-2009, 07:43 AM
One of my brothers owns a restaurant in Ocala. /shrug

And holy shit that is cheap rent.

Oh and Alfster knows a good landlord if you're still looking.

Stunseed
05-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Central Florida. Ocala area

That's because Ocala's like Montana. It's there, but who cares? :)

I wish I could get away with rent like that.

Sean of the Thread
05-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Ocala has a nice main strip but other than that it's a bunch of shit in my opinion.

Well so is Jville other than the naval base. Well it is fairly close to St. Augustine which is pretty cool. Hrmm it's also a short drive to Tcity and Panama Beach if you want to see girl on girl action during spring break.

Jury is out still.

Alfster
05-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh and Alfster knows a good landlord if you're still looking.

Hah. He's in jail now.

Stunseed
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
< Well it is fairly close to St. Augustine which is pretty cool. >

We're not the best off in the world, but we try to head down as often as we can. :)

GS4Ranger
05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Where the hell do you live? That's some cheap ass rent.

600 a month? I bought a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 car garage, 1900 sq foot house for around 700 a month. Now that's cheap.

Allereli
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
600 a month? I bought a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 car garage, 1900 sq foot house for around 700 a month. Now that's cheap.

http://wildflowersinherhair.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/2008-02-25-tornado.jpg

Best of luck (http://images.google.com/images?q=tornado+oklahoma&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLD&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XogMSsCdMpvotAPU0-D7Ag&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title)

GS4Ranger
05-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Actually I am more worried about these right now:

http://stormgasm.com/4-17-02LPday/tom%20pics/hail.jpg

We had structural damage to several small towns in southwest Oklahoma. Some friends of mine got stuck in their house.

Jayvn
05-14-2009, 11:23 PM
One of the main reasons I wont leave Florida...unless it's to go further south.. I fucking hate... HATE snow... cold burning bullshit.. It makes the inside of my bones hurt.. I lived one year in maine.. one year too many. I will take white sand and shorts any day of the year over a a freshly fallen patch of that horrid shit.

Allereli
05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
One of the main reasons I wont leave Florida...unless it's to go further south.. I fucking hate... HATE snow... cold burning bullshit.. It makes the inside of my bones hurt.. I lived one year in maine.. one year too many. I will take white sand and shorts any day of the year over a a freshly fallen patch of that horrid shit.

:P

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-09/27/xin_23090127090276525361.jpg

Jayvn
05-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Hurricanes are awesome, it was free days out of school.. everyone bunches up in brick houses with lots of beer and snacks for the party.. if you buy a wood house on the beach you're retarded.

diethx
05-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Snow >>>>>>> mutant bugs and 100% humidity (and old people and Sean2)

ZeP
05-14-2009, 11:54 PM
the only fucked up part is the house is wall to wall carpeting... literally..there's fucking carpet in the kitchen... and the bathrooms.. I've never seen any shit like that before.

I don't know whats up with that either but I know someone who moved into someplace with carpeting in the kitchen and we cut that shit out of there and there was this niiiice tile floor underneath. Maybe try to check out a corner in your place. As far as losing a security deposit, you would win a court of public opinion!

Carpeting in the bathroom is way out there though. Fix it up and charge the guy for it :rofl: