PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine

Laccon
05-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Pretty good movie in my opinion. If you've seen all 3 x-men i suggest going to see this, the story line is alright to keep you guessing if you've only seen the movies i think anyways, as it kept me guessing as to what was going to happen throughout it.....anyways what did you all think that have seen it?

Parkbandit
05-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Eh.. it wasn't midnight showing worthy.. but I was entertained.

Drew2
05-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I loved it. My favorite part, unsurprisingly, was the action scene towards the beginning with Ryan Reynolds. That man is ridiculous gorgeous.

I've basically seen the movie 3 times already and I'm not tired of it yet, lolz.

Khariz
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Get to see it tonight. Can't wait.

Stanley Burrell
05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I too was filled with Tayre-like man rage and wanted to play hide the sausage with whatever the fuck that retard's name is. Except in a hetero manner.

I'll probably post how awesome it was but not actually see it until it's on HBO and catch it halfway like the X-men movies.

Spawn rules all.

Stanley Burrell
05-02-2009, 02:19 PM
This movie was ace.

Edit: Fucking shit, you made me throw my mouse at the wall.

iJin
05-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Went to see it last night at 10 with Seth, and there was a bit of a line of course--but I think totally worth it. I would definitely go see it again. Only thing that sucked was having a raging headache throughout it, and Seth making me a drink a root-beer and coke drink. Ugh!

But Hugh Jackman. Mmmm. There needed to be more of Gambit, IMO.

B4Hand
05-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I loved it! We wear originally going to see something else..but changed our minds. I'm glad we did.

Drew
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I saw it on Friday, it met my expectations but wasn't a great movie any standards. I give it a meh+.

Numbers
05-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I'd watched the work print a few weeks ago.

Nothing special. Typical summer action movie. The "twist" at the end was really corny and obvious, and they missed the mark on Gambit and Deadpool.

Malvadere
05-02-2009, 07:02 PM
It wasn't very accurate, and they condensed waaaay to much material into the movie and I thought it sucked. And for a high budget film, what was up with the crappy CGI?

The Ponzzz
05-02-2009, 07:14 PM
We saw it. It was alright. I would have preferred to rent it or catch it OnDemand. Some of the special effects were bad for a 2009 film. Over all though, good for the series.

Tea & Strumpets
05-02-2009, 07:50 PM
It wasn't very accurate, and they condensed waaaay to much material into the movie and I thought it sucked. And for a high budget film, what was up with the crappy CGI?

I thought it was pretty good. The storyline seemed to follow the comic books I read as a kid (pretty much). That being said, I am one of those suckers that sees every one of those Batman/Superman/X-Men/Iron Man/etc. movies.

iJin
05-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah, those closeups of Wolverine's claws in the bathroom made me die a little.

Edit: And not in a good way.

LadyLaphrael
05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Meh....it was fun, it filled in some interesting details, but terrible CGI sequences (and the entire scene with The Blob) made it almost embarassing to watch at times.

SHAFT
05-02-2009, 08:51 PM
this is getting awful reviews. worse than x-3 is the word on the streets. i already know the story and what they do to deadpool makes me not want to see this. i'll wait for hd hbo

The Ponzzz
05-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Meh....it was fun, it filled in some interesting details, but terrible CGI sequences (and the entire scene with The Blob) made it almost embarassing to watch at times.

Word.

Numbers
05-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Definitely worse than X-3.

Warriorbird
05-02-2009, 10:01 PM
The after the movie scene helped a little on the Deadpool front... but the Cyclops eye reactor head bit was actually better NOT in the movie.

I think Wolverine was similar in value X1 and X3 with less actors and characters... X2 kicked the crap out of this though.

BriarFox
05-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought it was really quite good. It was less focused on mutant powers and more focused on Wolverine's psychology, and that made it a far more human and interesting movie. You can only attack so much stuff until fighting gets boring.

iJin
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I need to watch X-2 again. Can hardly remember what the movie is about.

Fallen
05-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Kyra231
05-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

:yeahthat:

TheEschaton
05-03-2009, 10:45 AM
I thought it kinda sucked, but I'm roommates with an X-Men fanboy who dissected everything that was wrong with the movie as soon as we left it.

I dunno, the motivations of the characters seemed lacking - one minute Sabertooth is going to kill Wolverine, then he saves him so he can kill him (classic villiany ego flaw: saving your enemy from someone else who's about to kill him, so you can kill him yourself), and then he's like, "We're brothers, we have each others back!"

Every time they met, it was like, here we go again. They're gonna run towards each other and try and fight each other and one is going to come close to killing the other but never actually is going to succeed.

They could have put more of Deadpool in the movie, though the wisecracking comic book version which was more like the character at the begining of the movie....not some goth version. All the parts with the Blob were extraneous. As was John, and Bradley and Agent Zero, the last three being characters I don't remember at all from the comic books.

If you're going to put a teleporting mutant in your special ops team, at least make it Kurt!

-TheE-

Warriorbird
05-03-2009, 11:07 AM
I think the problems are that in some sense it was based on one relatively recent comic series that isn't necessarily a great script source. Where the X-Men movies could rise above is that they took a lot of things and sort of worked it around into film.

StrayRogue
05-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I need to watch X-2 again. Can hardly remember what the movie is about.

X2 > all other Xmen related movies, including Wolverine.

Gan
05-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

The purist critiques in this thread are amusing though.

BriarFox
05-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Actually, I thought the dynamic between Wolverine and Sabertooth was one of the best parts. Victor was extremely needy emotionally and wanted Logan to fill those needs, but he was also violent and half-feral. He loved Logan because he needed him, and that made him very possessive. Logan, on other hand, was bothered by Victor's violence and was more independent in the first place. So, he set out on his own and Victor kept trying to bring him back to Striker so they could work together again and he could have his Logan-blanky back. There was also a strong element of good old sibling rivalry woven in, and Victor ended up being jealous of Logan for the adamantium and, probably, because he didn't need Victor.

Warriorbird
05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I didn't believe Schreiber as Sabertooth.

DCSL
05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
I was filled with nerd rage at what they did to my Deadpool. The Ryan Reynolds part was good but the last part.. wtf. And Gambit too. UGH. What were they thinking, if they were thinking at all?! And since when does Gambit have super strength (pulling himself up a wall with two pieces of broken stick?) or telekinesis (floating cards around?). He has superior agility and aim and the ability to charge objects with explosive kinetic energy. DAMNIT. And where was his Cajun accent? And what was Wolverine doing meeting him so early? Now Gambit's gonna be like, fifty years old when he finally meets junior Rogue. Why the hell couldn't they find a halfway charming actor to play him? BULLSHIT.

Gimme a sec, I'm experiencing another nerd rage flare-up.

Also, I have to admit that Wolverine has never been my favorite Marvel character. Not even when I was a little girl. It's always been Deadpool with Domino and Rogue and Gambit and Forge/Storm (tie) in my top characters. So I'm down four out of six with these goddamn movies.

Oh well. I will hold firm in my mind that story arc of Deadpool chaining Wolverine in the bottom of a pool to be killed by his own son. That'll console me.

AestheticDeath
05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but I had heard parts of the film or even the whole film was leaked in an unfinished form. How much did that have to do with the release date? Was it released earlier than planned just to minimize the leak? And if so was that the reason for poor CGI effects?

StrayRogue
05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
The unfinished film was released sans special effects or music. This was the cut sent, apparently, to the SFX company that was handling all the CGI. It got leaked all over the internt.

CrystalTears
05-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I sometimes wonder if I see the same movie the rest of you did. Or maybe I don't put such high expectations on comic movies. I really enjoyed it. :shrug:

StrayRogue
05-03-2009, 12:01 PM
The only movie in recent memory I've had exceedingly high expectations for was the Dark Knight. Being a Nolan fan, a Bat-geek and caught up in the whole hype of Ledger's death, I was totally expecting it to be rubbish. Only something utterly exceptional would have made me enjoy it. I was most pleasantly suprised.

So I don't see why an argument that "it's just a comic book movie" should mean I should lower or heighten my expectations. A good film is a good film in my book. X-men 2 was excellent. It blew Matrix Reloaded (released at the same time IIRC) out of the water. X3, on the other hand, sucked.

Why? X2 possessed elements that would make any film pretty good; a decent story & good characterization. X-Men 3 had neither. And neither did Wolverine, really.

Allereli
05-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I liked it, but I wasn't expecting another X2, and I don't read the comic books. I wanted Hugh Jackman naked, and they delivered.

Swami71
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I liked it. The invincibility of a few characters got a little old though.

AestheticDeath
05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I am still wondering if Hugh Jackman is a closeted homosexual. I mean have you seen his wife? And she is 13 years older... And just the way he acts/walks/talks in his normal life.

And she didn't take his last name... WTF.

Allereli
05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I am still wondering if Hugh Jackman is a closeted homosexual. I mean have you seen his wife? And she is 13 years older... And just the way he acts/walks/talks in his normal life.

OMG HE HAS AN ACCENT AND CAN SING AND DANCE, HE MUST BE GGHHEEEYYYY

BriarFox
05-03-2009, 04:15 PM

Yar. He's a stage actor, too. We all know stage actors are teh gheyness. ...

Stanley Burrell
05-03-2009, 04:18 PM
<enter ClydeR>

AestheticDeath
05-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Haha, funny. I admit the first time I saw him in tights doing ballet, I was like wtf, gay. But seriously, there are other times I have seen him doing real life things, and he just gives off that slight vibe ya know.

Warriorbird
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't know. How do you know?

Allereli
05-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Haha, funny. I admit the first time I saw him in tights doing ballet, I was like wtf, gay. But seriously, there are other times I have seen him doing real life things, and he just gives off that slight vibe ya know.

no, I don't. he's foreign, he has an accent and isn't hung up on what defines "masculine." I wish all men took dance lessons. he doesn't even register as a blip on my gaydar

Sylvan Dreams
05-03-2009, 07:11 PM
After seeing all the male full frontal in the Watchmen, I was hoping that Wolverine would go rated R and we'd get to see full frontal Hugh Jackman. Alas, they opted to tone down the movie for the brats and that possibility was totally removed.

I still enjoyed it, though. Good flick.

Clove
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
The only movie in recent memory I've had exceedingly high expectations for was the Dark Knight. Being a Nolan fan, a Bat-geek and caught up in the whole hype of Ledger's death, I was totally expecting it to be rubbish. Only something utterly exceptional would have made me enjoy it. I was most pleasantly suprised.I'm really having a difficult time decoding this paragraph. You had high expectations for the Dark Knight, but you were totally expecting it to be rubbish? :wtf:

iJin
05-03-2009, 07:48 PM
:yeahthat:

Yeah I read that about twice, and then decided to move along seeing as how I couldn't comprehend what the fuck he was actually trying to say.

Celephais
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
He was expecting it to NOT meet his expectations, which were very high (so he kind of "meta expected" it to suck, because he WANTED a lot out of it).

He basically overhyped it for himself, and he knows he did.

It's a catch 22 situation because given more time he would have expected it to be terrible enough that he'd actually have expected it to do better than his expectations and then all our heads would explode and stanley would become the next nobel prize winner.

AestheticDeath
05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
no, I don't. he's foreign, he has an accent and isn't hung up on what defines "masculine." I wish all men took dance lessons. he doesn't even register as a blip on my gaydar

You might wanna get your gaydar looked at, something is wrong with it. :)

And why are you hung up on his accent, it is the speech patterns as much as anything. I hear plenty of other Aussies that don't seem gay to me. Really is nothing to do with that. The way he walks.

Did you see the show where he got punked by Kutcher? That show almost solidified it in my mind.

Poppatrunk
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I really thought this movie sucked, I nearly walked out. The story made me feel like I was on an acid trip with all the flash backs and it was just real choppy throughout.

The CGI did suck, like someone mentioned that scene in the bathroom where he starts messing with his new claws they did a pretty horrible job.

It's just disappointing to see marvel do such a great job with iron man and then they put this piece of crap out.

maybe I'm being to critical but the movie to me was not at all entertaining , the majority of the film I kept asking myself when is this piece of shit going to end.
________
Expert Insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

Celephais
05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
How could they do such a good job w/ the CGI for Ironman's costume, and such a TERRIBLE job on the CGI for Wolverine's claws. That said I was still pretty entertained by the movie throughout. Although there was a guy behind me that kept yelling "OH SHIT!!" and various other warnings to characters on screens... Hey Methais, want to take a guess at his ethnicity?!?!?

iJin
05-04-2009, 12:08 AM

You give me that vibe, "ya know".

Celephais
05-04-2009, 12:14 AM
You give me that vibe, "ya know".
I'll give you a vibe.

iJin
05-04-2009, 12:18 AM
I have many vibes.

Drakefang
05-04-2009, 12:35 AM
I have many vibes.

I'd offer to find out which works best for you.

Allereli
05-04-2009, 01:31 AM
You might wanna get your gaydar looked at, something is wrong with it. :)

And why are you hung up on his accent, it is the speech patterns as much as anything. I hear plenty of other Aussies that don't seem gay to me. Really is nothing to do with that. The way he walks.

Did you see the show where he got punked by Kutcher? That show almost solidified it in my mind.

I don't notice any strange speech patterns. No, I don't watch shit shows like Punk'd but I listened to the Howard Stern interview on Thursday. You watched an Ashton Kutcher show, are you gay?

Tisket
05-04-2009, 01:59 AM

I've thought the same about you a number of times. If you are then that would explain you wanting to "claim" Jackman for the home team.

You really give off that kind of aura when you post. But even if it's not the case you should try it just to be sure. Really, I bet if you suck a few cocks you'll be singing "I feel pretty!" all day long!

Go ahead, give it a try.

Tisket
05-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Sort of on topic...for those wannabe Wolverines out there:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?ID=23433&BR=820

Slide your hand inside the molded plastic glove and flick your wrist to extend the realistic-looking claws with exciting claw-clashing sounds. Don Wolverine’s claw and charge into action like the world’s ultimate warrior!

Requires 2 "AAA" batteries (not included)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/Sassy_Photos_2007/8915633c9346_Main400.jpg

StrayRogue
05-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm really having a difficult time decoding this paragraph. You had high expectations for the Dark Knight, but you were totally expecting it to be rubbish? :wtf:

Yes. I was anticipating it would be rubbish mainly because I was hoping it would be so awesome.

AestheticDeath
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Hah, way to turn the tables! Don't mess with Allerkets dream guy!

Allereli
05-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Hah, way to turn the tables! Don't mess with Allerkets dream guy!

Just saying you sound like a homophobe because the guy can act, sing and dance.

Numbers
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Sort of on topic...for those wannabe Wolverines out there:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?ID=23433&BR=820

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/Sassy_Photos_2007/8915633c9346_Main400.jpg

Or you could go for:

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/x_claw_hand_talon_540.jpg

Tisket
05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Or you could go for:

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/x_claw_hand_talon_540.jpg

Sure, if I really wanted to hurt someone. Or if I wanted to hurt myself. I can barely handle a steak knife, dude.

AestheticDeath
05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Just saying you sound like a homophobe because the guy can act, sing and dance.

Hmm k.

Clove
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes. I was anticipating it would be rubbish mainly because I was hoping it would be so awesome.You're one of those people who would say something like "this has been going on a long time, and it happened literally overnight" aren't you?

You can't expect it to be awesome and rubbish at the same fucking time.

Clove
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Wolverine was a fine movie with the exception of a couple of crappy CGI scenes. I could have lived without Gambit flying with his staff, but he wasn't levitating cards (ohai mutants don't call attention to their powers in public) he was shuffling. There has to be dozens of panels of him shuffling cards exactly like that in the comics. I would have appreciated it if he had had a stronger Cajun accent but I thought his attitude was fine.

Hey fanboys, I find it amusing that in a genre that isn't known for its continuity (retrofits, alternate universes, multiple plotlines etc) that you can whine about how the plot of a movie is rewritten. OMG. It's entertainment, not Shakespeare.

Tisket
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
You're one of those people who would say something like "this has been going on a long time, and it happened literally overnight" aren't you?

You can't expect it to be awesome and rubbish at the same fucking time.

I understood what he meant. He feared it would be bad even while hoping it would be great. It's not rocket science.

Jayvn
05-05-2009, 12:15 PM
It was a decent movie.. Some scenes brought back faint memories of when I had read wolverine forever ago..i'm not a fanboy..but I did read through whatever comic I had come across... I swore Sabertooth looked more like an animal in the comics though..and from watching the xmen cartoon as a kid which was fucking bad ass.... I'm used to gambit having a super heavy french creole accent... not whatever that guy had..

Fallen
05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey fanboys, I find it amusing that in a genre that isn't known for its continuity (retrofits, alternate universes, multiple plotlines etc) that you can whine about how the plot of a movie is rewritten. OMG. It's entertainment, not Shakespeare.

This + lol = me.

Clove
05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I understood what he meant. He feared it would be bad even while hoping it would be great. It's not rocket science.It's also not English. You can't expect two opposite things at once. I understood what he meant too, but it isn't what he wrote and given his obnoxious critiques I hoped he could at least express himself clearly, but I was afraid he wouldn't.

Tisket
05-05-2009, 12:41 PM
It's also not English. You can't expect two opposite things at once. I understood what he meant too, but it isn't what he wrote and given his obnoxious critiques I hoped he could at least express himself clearly, but I was afraid he wouldn't.

It's a forum. It's not Shakespeare.

DCSL
05-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I still thought it was awful overall and no amount of cries of "lame, whiny fangirl!" are going to convince me I'm wrong. Why is it that people think that insulting others will somehow change their mind or show them the errors of their ways? OMG, he called me a whiner. I am obviously wrong because I was whining.

Also, that movie was FILLED with mutants calling attention to their powers in public. How many fights happened in places filled with norms? A lot.

As a side note, too, how many times does Wolverine hold a dead body and cry his anguish/rage to the sky in his lifetime? We now have three of those times captured on film. There will be more.

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I understood what he meant. He feared it would be bad even while hoping it would be great. It's not rocket science.

It would appear to be for some.

Edit to add: Double pwn from Tisket. Cheers.

I find it a pretty common thing to hope for something to be good yet at the same time expecting it to be bad. I had the exact same feeling about Wolverine. My expectations were clarified pretty much the moment the sickly Wolverine suddenly runs off into the night. The Dark Knight was only amplified because A) the hype was so huge and B) I'm a Batman fan. It could only have failed massively or succeeded gloriously in my eyes. I was worried I'd be disappointed, yet anxiously excited that it could live up to all the "ITS BETTER THAN JESUS" media.

No, it isn't rocket science.

PS. Don't be a pussy and sign your negs.

Clove
05-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Expect - to consider probable or certain.

Hope - to cherish a desire with anticipation.

You see, they aren't the same are they?

CT had made the comment that people had high-expectations (considered it probable that these movies would be of a certain quality) and were therefore disappointed.

You said you only had high-expectations of one movie but thought it would be rubbish. So... you really didn't have high-expectations, now did you. You hoped it would be good, but you expected it to be rubbish.

And they say Americans can't speak English.

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
<insert facepalm>
Do you need it explaining again?

I totally believe you can expect one thing and hope for something completely different.

Warriorbird
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
http://lemmycaution.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Clove
05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
<insert facepalm>
Do you need it explaining again?

I totally believe you can expect one thing and hope for something completely different.So you were expecting it to be good (those high expectations you wrote about) and hoped for it to be rubbish?

Did you even read what you wrote? I can't imagine a movie critic with the inability to express himself in English.

What you're rephrasing your original statement as is "hope/fear" not "high expectations".

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
It seems you are the only person having difficulty here. I expected it to be bad, hoped it would be good. Is this hard to understand?

Khariz
05-05-2009, 02:08 PM
It seems you are the only person having difficulty here. I expected it to be bad, hoped it would be good. Is this hard to understand?

Its not hard to understand at all.

I'll give a ridiculous example. I like Dungeons and Dragons. When I heard there was going to be a movie by that title, I fully expected that the movie would be a HORRIBLE movie. I HOPED, however, that the movie would be awesome.

My expectations were fulfilled. My hopes were not.

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Good, thought I was going mental there...

Clove
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
It seems you are the only person having difficulty here. I expected it to be bad, hoped it would be good. Is this hard to understand?If you had actually said that, it would be easy to understand. You, however, said you expected it to be good.

The only movie in recent memory I've had exceedingly high expectations for was the Dark Knight. Being a Nolan fan, a Bat-geek and caught up in the whole hype of Ledger's death, I was totally expecting it to be rubbish. Only something utterly exceptional would have made me enjoy it. I was most pleasantly suprised.

But we don't have to stop there, you fail at logic as well. One of your reasons for expecting it to be rubbish (even though you had expected it to be good) was because of all the buzz over Heath Ledger. Can you explain how Heath Ledger's untimely demise (or its publicity) affects the final quality of a movie that had already been produced?

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
My high expectations were due to me being a big fan. Only an exceptional film would have met or exceeded that expectation. Ergo, I expected it to be bad despite hoping it would be good.

For your second question: The simple answer is learn about marketing.

The long answer is that studio's tend to push movies heavily usually for two reasons: To get awards. To recoup it's money.

The particular angle in this case was "Ledger's final greatest hours" etc and not the awesomeness of the film. Every article I read during this period contained atleast a line about his tragic death.

I'm not saying it was hype ONLY because of him. I'm saying it played a huge part of it. The ultimate question is: would Ledger have won an oscar if he hadn't have died? I don't think so, sadly.

Clove
05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
My high expectations were due to me being a big fan. Only an exceptional film would have met or exceeded that expectation. Ergo, I expected it to be bad despite hoping it would be good.

For your second question: The simple answer is learn about marketing.

The long answer is that studio's tend to push movies heavily usually for two reasons: To get awards. To recoup it's money.

The particular angle in this case was "Ledger's final greatest hours" etc and not the awesomeness of the film. Every article I read during this period contained atleast a line about his tragic death.

I'm not saying it was hype ONLY because of him. I'm saying it played a huge part of it. The ultimate question is: would Ledger have won an oscar if he hadn't have died? I don't think so, sadly.The hype over Heath Ledger's death would not have made the movie better or worse, as it was already shot. The fact that it was being more heavily promoted due to his death would have had no impact over its quality. There was no reason to suspect that the movie had been made worse due to its publicity as you insinuated.

I have no difficulty believing he would have been won an Oscar had he lived; it was an excellent performance (which was unaffected by his death).

By the way you didn't hope it would be good, you expected it to be good.

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
You are a fucking moron if you don't think 1) there was extra hype and therefore higher expectations due to his death 2) you think someone dying does not change their chances of winning an award.

StrayRogue
05-05-2009, 03:02 PM
And my final words on this

http://lemmycaution.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Clove
05-05-2009, 03:03 PM
You are a fucking moron if you don't think 1) there was extra hype and therefore higher expectations due to his death 2) you think someone dying does not change their chances of winning an award.You're a fucking moron if you think that extra hype makes a film rubbish. Oh, no wait you're already a moron for not understanding the distinction between these two statements:

I expect you to come to dinner tomorrow.
I hope you will come to dinner tomorrow.

Oh and dying didn't help Brandon Lee get an Oscar.

Tisket
05-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Jesus Clove, let it go already man. He didn't phrase it perfectly but everyone understood. So why such an effort on your part to manufacture an argument? It's stupid.

Clove
05-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Jesus Clove, let it go already man. He didn't phrase it perfectly but everyone understood. So why such an effort on your part to manufacture an argument? It's stupid.He posted a bunch of nonsense. Something a movie critic should avoid (along with talking out of his ass, which he does, often).

I'd also like to point out that I didn't manufacture an argument I commented on his ridiculously confusing writing. The argument ensued when he insisted it wasn't confusing at all. Even granting that he meant to use "wish" or "hope" instead of expectation the following makes no fucking sense:

Being a Nolan fan, a Bat-geek and caught up in the whole hype of Ledger's death, I was totally expecting it to be rubbish.Being a Nolan fan, a Bat-geek and caught up in the whole hype of Ledger's death equals "rubbish" how exactly?

Finally, I'm not the first person on the PC to quibble about semantics, what do you find so offensive about this Tisket? Should I use more colorful curses and insults?

Numbers
05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/cell_dweller/thread_direction.gif

Tisket
05-05-2009, 07:24 PM
what do you find so offensive about this Tisket? Should I use more colorful curses and insults?

Yes. And post nudies too.

diethx
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/cell_dweller/thread_direction.gif

lol truth.

I thought this was a thread about Wolverine, not The Dark Knight?

Clove
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
lol truth.

I thought this was a thread about Wolverine, not The Dark Knight?So you got something to post about X-Men Origins?

Back
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
So you got something to post about X-Men Origins?

So you “got”?

Are you asking what someone gave her to post?

Drew
05-05-2009, 11:02 PM
So you “got”?

Are you asking what someone gave her to post?

You are shitty at trolling.

diethx
05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
So you got something to post about X-Men Origins?

Well I was gonna, but I worried you might have another aneurism, so I decided against it.

Clove
05-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Well I was gonna, but I worried you might have another aneurism, so I decided against it.Why were you planning on writing nonsense? Of course my "WTF" comment caused Stray Rogue to defend his ridiculous post to the death but I'm having the aneurism. Hey thanks for bringing the thread back on track!

Clove
05-06-2009, 08:22 AM
So you “got”?

Are you asking what someone gave her to post?Did my omission of the helping verb "have" elicit a response from you?

Parkbandit
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Well I was gonna, but I worried you might have another aneurism, so I decided against it.

:rofl: x 100

Warriorbird
05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Why were you planning on writing nonsense? Of course my "WTF" comment caused Stray Rogue to defend his ridiculous post to the death but I'm having the aneurism. Hey thanks for bringing the thread back on track!

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/7b/Obvioustroll.jpg

Parkbandit
05-06-2009, 09:11 AM
This thread is full of win. I rarely rep much anymore, but I think I'm just about at my daily limit.

On topic:
http://holamun2.com/files/images/attachments/2006/08/guy-with-wolverine-claws.jpg

diethx
05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Why were you planning on writing nonsense? Of course my "WTF" comment caused Stray Rogue to defend his ridiculous post to the death but I'm having the aneurism. Hey thanks for bringing the thread back on track!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NocturnalRob
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Just so everyone knows, they're planning a Deadpool spinoff so everyone can masturbate over Ryan Reynolds:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i605e3e8798d54f48b4640209b868af46