View Full Version : Design My Shop! CONTEST! -- PRIZE MONEY

Inspire
04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Prizes:

1st: 1,250,000
2nd: 5,00,000
3rd: 250,000

Alter/Contest Rules:

#1. It must be acceptable within the game. I am going to use the winning description on my Solhaven shop.

#2. It must be 1 room only!

#3. Time Frame -- I believe I have about 20 some days left to claim my alter prize. I also don't want to keep this open forever so I'll shoot for 3-7 days depending on the response I get.

#4. You can pretty much change anything and add room items (with shows) and custom shelves, tables, whatever to display the items.

Current Description:

>point shop
You point at a dark red brickworked shop with a conical slate-shingled roof.
>go shop
[Kizun's General Store]
Beneath a swirl-painted white stucco ceiling, a curl-edged vellum wall map hangs on one of the painted white plaster walls. A set of carved felwood shelves and a long carved oak counter sit in opposite corners while a plush black bear fur rug rests on a varnished dark oak floor. You also see an oak-framed parchment sign.
Obvious exits: north, out

Final Details:

Why should I get to have all the fun of judging by myself!

What that means... please POST your submission, I'll choose the "best of the best" descriptions and people can vote for the winners!

Sean of the Thread
04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Well considering there will be an increased value I'll play in your contest and win but you must pay sergey 40% of said resale.

Inspire
04-30-2009, 06:07 PM
This shop will be mine and I have no plans of selling it. :)

Spectral
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Out of extreme forging boredom, I played with this idea. This should give you a starting point, even if you hate it. Would be more fun if you had more rooms, so you could do a circus/carnivale theme in each room.

>point tent
You point at striped jewel-toned canvas tent topped by an eye-catching silk pennant
[Kizun's Carnival and Sideshow]
Striped wall of vivid jewel-toned canvas rise high above to spiral into a peak over this spacious area. Secured to the walls, spanning from one side of the tent to the other is a taught wire flanked by colorful platforms that display items meant for various death-defying acts. In the corner opposite the entrance, a warped glass carnival mirror hangs over a silken safety net, and an ornate costume wadrobe resting on the sawdust-littered floor. You also see a gilt-framed parchment sign.

Vivina
05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I hear you are looking for a circus theme... anyway, here's another starting point! Have fun!!

>point tent
You point at a giant red and yellow striped billowing tent with streamers on the top.

Just inside the entrance is a well-used table with two chairs. Stone bricks are buried into the ground to create a center ring beneth the vastness of the giant tent. A box painted with a star sits inside the ring while small balls, juggling pins, and a ringmaster's hat lay scattered on the dusty ground. A large cage sits at the back of the tent and a life-size ceramic doll sits in the corner. You also see a brightly colored balloon-shaped sign.

look cage - Inside of the cage you see a white tiger gnawing on a bloody piece of meat.
look doll - Dressed in a red and white costume, face painted with over exaggerated features, this doll resembles a circus clown. Its eyes are a glossy, hollow black and seem to watch your every movement.

~Vivina

Inspire
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Not a lot of posts on this...

Are the prizes not that good? I wanted to spread it around a littl ebit so it's not just one winner.

I am open to any ideas that you have! Don't be shy!

Also, feel free to submit multiple ideas, if that large tent theme didn't work for you, how about a shop designed around the word/feeling temptation?

Post some entries!!

Inspire
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Started talking about this for a sec...

A neat magical shop would be fun. Think of ... Harry Potter and the Weasleys magic shop. Or Mr Magoriums Magic Emporium?

Inspire
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I hear you are looking for a circus theme... anyway, here's another starting point! Have fun!!

>point tent
You point at a giant red and yellow striped billowing tent with streamers on the top.

Just inside the entrance is a well-used table with two chairs. Stone bricks are buried into the ground to create a center ring beneth the vastness of the giant tent. A box painted with a star sits inside the ring while small balls, juggling pins, and a ringmaster's hat lay scattered on the dusty ground. A large cage sits at the back of the tent and a life-size ceramic doll sits in the corner. You also see a brightly colored balloon-shaped sign.

look cage - Inside of the cage you see a white tiger gnawing on a bloody piece of meat.
look doll - Dressed in a red and white costume, face painted with over exaggerated features, this doll resembles a circus clown. Its eyes are a glossy, hollow black and seem to watch your every movement.

~Vivina

This is really cool! Shopping AND a show!

Elvenlady
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Fabulous concept Viv but that would be one playershop I would definitely have to avoid. I'm coulrophobic and just reading that doll description made me recoil.

kookiegod
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok, I had some fun designing this one after designing my own submission and talking to Kizun about something about Tempation...

Room Name: Temptation

Exterior: a overly large/particolored/tent

Roof: with crimson pennons hanging from the roof

Beneath soot-colored canvas ceiling, a set of candelabras with red candles hangs on one of the colorfully paint-splashed canvas walls. An oak lingerie closet and an immense walnut wardrobe sit in opposite corners while a trampled black throw rug rests on a temporary oak floor. You also see an oak-framed price sign..

look closet//The oak closet is overflowing with scraps of cloth, lace, and other fabrics that are nearly too skimpy to really be clothes. A laundry basket filled with stained dainties is kicked to near the back. Hanging from the inside of the closet is a work schedule. Sitting on top of the closet is a dozen lit candles keeping the area well lit.

look wardrobe//The wardrobe is filled with gowns, dresses, frocks, of every kind of every material, satin, lace and leather. Two racks inside feature dozens of spiked heels and thigh high boots. A small rack on one door holds a series of riding whips while the rack on the opposite door holds a variety of colorful elbow-length gloves. A decanter of brandy is placed on top of the wardrobe with a pair of crystal glasses on a pewter tray.

look rug//Frayed from long use, the rug bunches in places as its always being rolled up and moved. A few unidentifiable marks stain the center, and various bits of fringe a missing along its perimeter.

look floor//The oak floor seems easy to disassemble for quick moving with a mix of tounge and groove and interlocking slats. All the boards have been well sanded, and varnished for easy cleaning. A few hearts and initials have been carved into several of the boards.

~Paul

Vivina
05-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Here's another - more on the magic theme...

>point building
You point at a small aged building with an strange glow eminating from the windows.

Beneth a low ceiling, uneven wood plank floors span the width of the building. At the back of the room, a trapdoor lies in plain sight, obviously meant to be hidden from view. A large wood cabinet spans the entire side of one wall. Several flasks and a cracked beaker are lined up on one shelf while old, dusty books lay askew on another. An ornate tapestry hangs from the wall embroidered with a scene of wizards and sorceresses in battle. A cracked leather tome rests on a pedestal in the center of the room next to a table. You also see a chalkboard sign.

look trapdoor - You see a rusted iron ring bolted to the floor and two cast iron hinges.
look beaker - A thick, dark brown gelatinous concoction looks as though it has been sitting in this beaker for several weeks.
look tome - This scholarly book looks as though it contains many volumes. The pages are yellow and dog-eared as though it has been put to good use over the years.

Vivina
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
So - what did you end up doing to your shop?