PDA

View Full Version : Question about Unlocking

Faeril
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi-

New here and I am afraid I do not understand what is meant by unlocking? I have heard the term used with scrolls, weapons, clothing and I can not seem to find anyone willing to explain what is the difference.

Anyone willing to help?

Thanks

Kitsun
04-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Scrolls can have charges added but first need to be "unlocked" by a sorcerer. This can be done by player characters (PCs).

Weapons: Done by merchants (GMs or non-player characters, NPCs). Most notably Iasha's white ora can have scripts unlocked. Different tiers on Siolan's daggers. Most of the time, there are just new scripts for the item.

Clothing: Done by merchants as well (NPCs). Metallic gowns have a larger variety of scripts when unlocked two or three times.

There was a period when highly scripted items were sold off the shelf. Someone in charge found there to be a kind of power creep in that most Gms couldn't keep up that kind of ultra development. There were some off shelf items that were trumping grand auction items in terms of zestiness. So now we have off shelf items with 1-3 scripts. Unlockable once to have a few more. And then high tier stuff with like 7+ scripts usually considered high end.

Faeril
04-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks