PDA

View Full Version : Armor Alteration Help?

Beguiler
04-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I have a set of the most butt-ugly full leathers evar, but decent enchant. I have run into a serious brain cramp, and would be most appreciative if some of you very talented at alteration could throw some ideas my way. Not looking to sell these things, but want the character to be able to wear them in public without fingers pointing and folks going "OMG, look at that! UUUUGGGLLEEEE!".

Char wearing these will be female fwif..

Thanks!

Fallen
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Stay away from the words, "casting leathers". That's been done all to hell. I believe you can get away with calling basically any suit of armor..well, armor. If you would like to concentrate more on the design of the armor rather than its specific AsG that might be a good way to go.

A fitted suit /of ---- leather/ armor

for ---- you can put in whatever adjective you like there (soft, blue, LEET, etc), and/or change the word fitted to anything else that keeps you within the 15/15/15.

(insert comments of that has been done before too!)

OR you can do a long. I like longs that are slightly larger than 15/15/15. It allows you to be more creative/descriptive, at the loss of a show you will look at 5 times in the course of as many years. Just some suggestions. Others will have better ideas, i'm sure. The trick is to post once, so that people can make fun of your suggestion and offer their own. That gets the discussion going.

diethx
04-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Get an armor concealer.

ElvenFury
04-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Along the lines of what Evarin was saying... some [color] form-fitting leathers edged with [material].

Beguiler
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Get an armor concealer.

^

I have one already covering yet another set of butt-ugly armor of good enchant that I got for decent price because of said ugliness!

I could always go with "some full leather" or really be spiffy in "some low-cut form-fitting glossy pink leathers" but I think not

ElvenFury
04-29-2009, 03:36 PM
"Scandalous" is a good adjective for female wearables.

DoctorUnne
04-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Some red armor

Allereli
04-29-2009, 04:37 PM
race? colors?

you can just steal mine: some austere black leathers

diethx
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
or really be spiffy in "some low-cut form-fitting glossy pink leathers" but I think not

Man all you'd need with those leathers are some DSLs!!!!!