View Full Version : TheEschaton

Bobmuhthol
02-18-2004, 05:02 PM
WTF is my script?

Discuss.

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

TheEschaton
02-18-2004, 09:32 PM
The more important question is why my IP is in your sig. ;)

And I'm working on it. I've got to work some kinks out, I was gonna pseudo-code it this afternoon at work, but unfortunately, some work came up. Imagine that.

-TheE-

Artha
02-18-2004, 09:34 PM
The more important question is why my IP is in your sig.

It's a PHP script that disguises itself as a jpeg. It gets data that's transmitted just about every time you access a website, unless you have a proxy (heh, something to think about).

Deathravin
02-19-2004, 04:20 PM
something to think about? would be nice if YOU knew what it was. I can also make one that will show you the contents of your C drive, but that doesn't mean I can see it.

Mint
02-19-2004, 04:23 PM
What can someone do with a IP address anyway. Go ahead...I have not had a good scare today yet.

Hulkein
02-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Nothing really. As long as you're on a router or something you're fine. I'm sure real hackers could do stuff but it won't happen.

Bobmuhthol
02-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I got plenty of IPs from my FTP server, I don't need any.

Reyek
02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
routers/firewalls just slow me down. Ask any good hackers. them software firewalls and them cheapo $60-200 routers you buy at your local computer store arent gonna stop us. Its nothing but an extra 20-30 minutes of time.

Latrinsorm
02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Out of curiousity, what would stop you?:help:

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Still waiting.

Drew2
02-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Reyek reminds me of the 1 kid in every Diablo II game that pulls the "SHUT UP N00B OR I'LL HAX0R YOU AND DELETE ALL UR FILEZ!!111"

Lame.

TheEschaton
02-20-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm working on it Bob, it'll be done by the end of the weekend. I have to actually GO to these places to make sure it works, damn it.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
02-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Quick question. Is there any way to match wildcards and then compare with the scripting language of the Wizard FE?

For example:

put wealth
match needCoins You have no silver coins with you.
match oneCoin You have but one coin with you.
match moreCoin You have %n coins with you.
matchwait

needCoins:
//subroutine determineCoinsNeeded.
//Go to local bank and withdraw necessary funds.
//Go back to start point

oneCoin:
//same as needCoins

moreCoin:
//subroutine determineCoinsNeeded
//compare %n and coinsNeeded, if (%n>coinsNeeded) startMoving else go to bank and get needed coins (coinsNeeded-%n) and go back to startPoint.

This is all, mind you, fancy stuff, I could make the presumption you have everything you need for the trip, but this sort of thing would be useful, especially for the trip to River's Rest, which is dependent on level, I believe.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2004, 07:08 PM
put wealth
match needCoins You have no silver coins with you.
match needCoins You have but one coin with you.
match moreCoin coins with you.
matchwait

needCoins:
//subroutine determineCoinsNeeded.
//Go to local bank and withdraw necessary funds.
//Go back to start point

moreCoin:
put wealth
match NotEnough You have 2 coins
match NotEnough You have 3 coins
match NotEnough You have 4 coins
match Enough You have 5 coins
matchwait

NotEnough:
Get more coins.

Enough:
Don't get more coins.

peam
02-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Reyek reminds me of the 1 kid in every Diablo II game that pulls the "SHUT UP N00B OR I'LL HAX0R YOU AND DELETE ALL UR FILEZ!!111"

Lame.

I concur.

Trying to sound like a badass translates into quite the opposite.

Artha
02-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Funny how that works, huh?

Reyek
02-20-2004, 07:46 PM
you can set up proxy server or a internet gateway. Like a debian box set up to allow just certain traffic to pass through. but the more you limit traffic the less you can do. Such as you set up so you can only allow inbound and outbound traffic on port 80. well that means you cant get pop or smtp email that rely on other ports. The more you lock it down the safer you become but also the less you allow yourself to do. Then you can set it so you only allow traffic from certain Ip's or Ip ranges. ( IE . only allo traffic from gemstone.net on certain ports not sure which ones gemstone runs on but you could limit so certain ports only allow traffic from certain places.)

I dont hack people, dont get me wrong, i used to till i surpassed the age of jail time. J-tech knows i got skills. Its been a few years for me since i did any hacking outside software. Not too fond of jail time.

TheEschaton
02-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Bob, that's a poor hack if I've ever seen one, especially since I'm trying to go up to 2010 silvers, and, in the case of River's Rest, up to 25,000 silvers.

That's 25,000 match statements... ;)

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Then j00r screwed.

TheEschaton
02-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Alright, this is what I need. Room titles for the following rooms in the following towns:

Inside North Gate in the Landing (check)
TC in Icemule (check)
North Market in Solhaven (check)
Whatever passes as the town center in RR
The place everyone gathers in Zul (with the benches and receptacle) (check)
The tavern in Zhindel's Post (yes, I'm including it, personally, because I like to stop there on occasion) (check)
The dais in Ta'Illistim (check)
Victory Court in Ta'Vaalor, at the benches. (check)

Still need RR....Pinefar, if you want it.

[Edited on 2-21-2004 by TheEschaton]

TheEschaton
02-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Alright folks, I can't do this by myself. Between Bob's old script, and my own travelling scripts, I have most of the directions between the places in this new mega script. This is what I'm going to need:

- messaging for the arrival of the ferry on Lake Fear between Illistim/Vaalor. Arrival of ferry, lowering of gangplank (from dock view), Arrival of ferry, lowering of gangplank (from deck view). (check on all parts)

I've got most of the messaging for the trip between the Landing/Ta'Illistim, whatnot.

I could use the exact messaging on:
- Exiting one of the carts. (check)
- What the ladder looks like with someone on it, with no one on it. (check)
- What the rope looks like with someone on it, with no one on it. (check)
- The messaging when you fall off the rope, and directions back to the rope when you unstun/where you land depending on which side of the river you're on.
- Messaging of the ferryman ferry, arrival, lowering of the gangplank, arrival at opposite dock, etc. (check)

What else? Oh yes, for River's Rest:
- I need to know the formula for how much it costs for you to get to River's Rest. Is it level/2, thousand silvers, maximum 25k?
- The directions from Solhaven's North market to the place where you buy tickets for the cutter, and directions from that place to the place you load for the cutter.
- Vice versa on the RR side.
-Messaging for arrival of the cutter (from dock) and arrival of cutter at opposite dock (from deck)
- Directions from unload point to RR TC/Directions from unload point in 'Haven to North Market.

And then there's some Pinefar stuff (not implemented yet). I've been to Pinefar before, I can probably get the directions based solely on Tsoran's maps. A few ?s though:
- How long to wait to make sure you don't fall?
- If you fall, do you land in the same spot every time? If so, where? If not, what're the possible spots, their room titles, and the way back onto the main path?

I'm going to bed. As soon as I get these things, the script'll be finished. I still need those room titles, too!

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
02-20-2004, 11:24 PM
<<Exiting one of the carts.>>

I think that's in my script.. You hastily exit the cart.

<<I need to know the formula for how much it costs for you to get to River's Rest. Is it level/2, thousand silvers, maximum 25k?>>

Level, maximum 50k, unless it was changed. From River's Rest it's level/2, maximum 25k.

imported_Kranar
02-21-2004, 02:01 AM
Best way is to go to the bank, deposit everything you have, then withdraw however much you need for the trip.

Drew2
02-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Alright, this is what I need. Room titles for the following rooms in the following towns:

Inside North Gate in the Landing
TC in Icemule
North Market in Solhaven
Whatever passes as the town center in RR
The place everyone gathers in Zul (with the benches and receptacle)
The tavern in Zhindel's Post (yes, I'm including it, personally, because I like to stop there on occasion)
The dais in Ta'Illistim
Victory Court in Ta'Vaalor, at the benches.

[Wehnimer's, Land's End Rd.]

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]

[Icemule Trace, South Road]

[Solhaven, North Market]

That's all I got.

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 09:57 AM
How can you even know how much you have, Kranar, with the FE not having any pattern matching? Grrr, it's so frustrating.

I would kill for simple wildcard matching.......or, and is this too much to ask, real if/else/when/switch/loop boolean conditioning?

You have %n coins with you.
deposit %n
withdraw 2010 silvers
in Kranar's case, or

You have %n coins with you.
if (%n < 2010) withdraw 2010-%n
else continue

It would be so frickin' simple! Everyone should switch to zMUD!

-TheE-

Artha
02-21-2004, 10:02 AM
I'd join in the killing for some If/Else/Then conditioning.

Bobmuhthol
02-21-2004, 10:04 AM
<<How can you even know how much you have, Kranar>>

>
[Town Square, South Alley]
This narrow alleyway passes crookedly between the old wood and stone walls of the surrounding buildings, providing a shaded byway from the busy road to the south to a small park nestled in a grassy niche to the north. An occasional stray mutt sniffs around the foundations, searching for rats or morsels.
Obvious paths: north, south
>weal
You have 2000 coins with you.
>n
n
[Town Square, Small Park]
A small, shady park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bustling sounds of the square filtering through the passage to the north to animate the area despite its appearance of peace and serenity. A weatherworn grey marble statue of a stocky human in pioneer's clothing overlooks the park, his stone hat encrusted by the gifts of decades of passing birds and his right hand half-upraised as if it once held some now-missing object. You also see the Arlan disk, a forest wolfhound, a blue-black cougar, a wooden shield, a short sword and a pure white snow-owl that is flying around.
Also here: Lady Ezana, Arlan, Davrial, Berenger, Lord Rilas who is sitting, Synapticus, Lord Mikahu, Tiervosh who is sitting, Archemonde who is sitting, Wraithgar, Melianora who is sitting, Amoran who is sitting, Great Lady Twyllyte
Obvious paths: north, south, west
>[Town Square, Southwest]
This corner of the square seems somewhat subdued. Townsfolk pass through on their way to the shops, the bazaar, or the main well at the center of the square. Others hurry past, anxious to get home or go on about their business. You also see a cobblestone walkway leading up to a wrought-iron gate.
Also here: Natori
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, south, west
>n
[Town Square, West]
Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its serpentine lanes abuzz with traders bartering, bickering, and hawking their wares. The freewheeling vendors in the bazaar provide a lively alternative to the somewhat stodgier merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Bank dominates this side of the square.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
>g bank
[First Elanith Bank, Lobby]
An ancient gnoll keeps a watchful, though nervous, eye over the people visiting Wehnimer's Landing's main bank, the First Elanith Secure Stronghold. Large, dirty windows allow little air to disturb the layers of dust on the threadbare carpet. The few flickering candles around the room add virtually no light. A broken gate from a teller's window sits in the corner. You also see a low arch.
Also here: Fender
Obvious exits: out
>g arc
[First Elanith Bank, Teller]
Most of the teller windows that line this room are missing the gates and gratings that once secured them. Impatient clients stand at one of the two intact windows, waiting to get the attention of the tellers on the other side. You also see a low arch and a large sign.
Also here: Nickolaos
Obvious exits: none
>depo all
The air calms down around Nickolaos.
>
Nickolaos just went through a low arch.
>
You have no accessible notes to deposit here.
You deposit 2000 silvers into your account. The teller carefully records the transaction and says, "Thank you, Bobmuhthol. Have a nice day!"

>with 2010
The teller carefully records the transaction, and then hands you 2010 silvers.
>

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 10:09 AM
<blink>

There's a deposit all command?

Gah.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 01:36 PM
I know you can use

COUNTER SET value
and
COUNTER ADD value

is there a multiply command?

I've tried COUNTER MULTIPLY, COUNTER MULT, COUNTER TIMES, COUNTER *....nada

-TheE

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out. How stupid and counterintuitive

Bobmuhthol
02-21-2004, 01:51 PM
You could always do COUNTER ADD %C a bunch of times.

Edit: Maybe not, you'd have to set the counter every time. I'm dumb..
>
.count

[Press the ESCape key to abort script.]

[Edited on 2-21-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Nah, multiplying is easy if you're multiplying by a factor of ten.

I was trying to get the number for how much you have to pay to get to RR, which is your level * 1000:

all you have to do is:
COUNTER SET %level000

and it'll automatically append the three zeroes on the end of your value for %level.

On a different note, I'm finished with the bare bones of the script (travelling to all towns, from all towns). I'm in the process of testing it.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
02-21-2004, 04:19 PM
:) :thumbsup:

imported_Kranar
02-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Deposit all exists?!

Damn... all my scripts used a deposit loop.

Sean
02-21-2004, 06:01 PM
hehe oops you beat me to it.

[Edited on 2-21-2004 by Tijay]

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Hmmm, my script seems to hang up if the Ta'Vaalor ferry is not there (it doesn't get on, when it DOES come).

I rolled in a fix, hopefully that should do it. Gotta wait for the ferry to move and come back to see if it worked.

Other than that, the script looks good, it's a bit glocky in bits, but I'll be posting it soon.

Edited to add: The one problem it has is that it goes too fast, sometimes it gets ahead of itself and drops a command. Not a big deal when you're using moves, but puts can get dropped, or moves after puts can get dropped. It may be just because I'm using a basic subscription, and only have 1 type ahead line.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
02-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Gah, I figured it out, I had a hanging space " " at the end of my match pattern for waiting on the dock. Grrrrrrrrrrr

-TheE-