PDA

View Full Version : Some Armor Help Please?

B4Hand
04-25-2009, 12:14 PM
My lvl 90 empath has been in studded armor forever, she recently was given the really cool gift of an asg change up to Brig on her armor. The problem is she hasn't the ranks to wear it properly, and above anything she hunts. Might anyone give me some ideas as the best way of going about getting her these ranks as soon as possible, without say giving ever other aspect of her training up? Maybe she'll have to forgo her other skills ? I really have no idea, to be honest I'm quite the mechanics idiot. I did see if I could get her some ranks via her guild badge, but it will only give her two..not many.

Here is what she looks like now.

(at level 90), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 111 27
Shield Use.........................| 192 92
Brawling...........................| 192 92
Physical Fitness...................| 192 92
Arcane Symbols.....................| 281 181
Magic Item Use.....................| 150 50
Spell Aiming.......................| 282 182
Harness Power......................| 236 136
Spirit Mana Control................| 191 91
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 102 24
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 158 58
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 25 5
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 105 25
Perception.........................| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 130 35
First Aid..........................| 281 181

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 41

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 98
Training Points: 106 Phy 14 Mnt

Fallen
04-25-2009, 01:20 PM
You can skip some ranks of your non-core skills and never feel the lose. Physical Fitness, Spiritual Mana Conrol, MIU/Arcane Symbol, First Aid. Even your non-primary lores. You could even skip spell ranks as you're over-trained, and put them back when you can. Just get those ranks FIRST, then get everything else in order of most important to least, then make the ranks back when the points/enhancives become available.

Gan
04-25-2009, 01:26 PM
What Fallen said.

I kept my capped empath in hcp brig and its well worth the point investment.

mgoddess
04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
You can skip some ranks of your non-core skills and never feel the lose. Physical Fitness, Spiritual Mana Conrol, MIU/Arcane Symbol, First Aid. Even your non-primary lores. You could even skip spell ranks as you're over-trained, and put them back when you can. Just get those ranks FIRST, then get everything else in order of most important to least, then make the ranks back when the points/enhancives become available.
What Fallen said... but especially with all those Arcane Symbol ranks. You're using a shield, you don't need that many (for stick DS). You're spending 4 MTP's for those extra 90-something ranks... that's 360 MTP's, which could convert into 180 PTP's, which could get you 15 more ranks of Armor Use, which would be more than plenty (you only need 35 ranks of AU to get min. spell hindrance on brig.

B4Hand
04-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes, Merji has a ton of MIU ranks, those were mainly tacked on for/to encourage rp? She does have a bunch of them.

Fallen
04-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Looks like it is 35 ranks for the minimum spell hindrance, Merji. Get that ASAP and you will be fine.