PDA

View Full Version : Post your (WoW) UI

AnticorRifling
04-19-2009, 01:36 PM
List any noteworthy addons, maybe explain why you have it laid out how you do etc. I enjoy seeing how other people setup their stuff it helps me tweak mine or gives me ideas I haven't though of.

AnticorRifling
04-19-2009, 01:40 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n177/anticor/WoW/WoWScrnShot_041909_120004.jpg

I have most things keybound but I'm still a clicker at heart so I put everything under my toon in a way that makes sense to me. Combat info to the bottom right of the screen just to have it lumped together. I run 1400x900 17in wide screen monitor.

Main addons I run:

Dominos (Action bar mod)
Titan Panel (Info mod, bars at top and bottom of screen)
Recount (Damage meters)
Omen (Threat meter)
Needtoknow (proc and ability tool just left of Omen on my screen)
Runewatch (DK rune/disease addon)

Methais
04-19-2009, 01:41 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/UI.jpg

Turned my focus target (and focus target's target) on, which usually isn't there. But I put it in that location to just make it easier to monitor the target.

As for the rest of the UI, I try to keep the UI clutter to a minimum and out of the way. I usually have my bars smaller than that, but I've been too lazy to resize them lately.

I bind as many keys as possible to be accessible with just my left hand and without having to move it around much. Abilities that aren't used much or don't have to be used in quick reaction I bind to whatever's leftover.

Too many addons to list, but Bartender is awesome for your bars, and xperl is nifty for unit frames. I also have some fun but useless ones, like "Killing Spree," which plays sounds from Unreal Tournament when you deal killing blows in pvp...headshot, multikill, killing spree, unstoppable, holy shit, etc. And Bouncers' Anonymous, which makes a "boing" sound whenever you jump.

AnticorRifling
04-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I wish asshatery still worked, best mod ever made.

Methais
04-19-2009, 02:02 PM
What did that do?

AnticorRifling
04-19-2009, 02:04 PM
What did that do?
It would play sounds based on all kinds of shit and it sent to to anyone in your raid with the same mod. We would be in MC or BWL and you'd just hear all sorts of random ass sound effects and movie quotes during the raid it was great.

Some Rogue
04-19-2009, 02:35 PM
ROFL

I still have all those saved. I was just listening to some a couple days ago.

Drisco
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I keep it real and use only WoW interface stuff. Really why would I need something else?

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss46/GSIVDrisco/WoWScrnShot_041909_155848.jpg

Sean of the Thread
04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
EMISlitty has just gone offline...Methais wtf?

Methais
04-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I keep it real and use only WoW interface stuff. Really why would I need something else?

Because the default UI doesn't have enough buttons, at least for most classes. The default buttons are gigantic, and binding them is a pain in the ass compared to something like Bartender, where you type /kb (to toggle keybinding mode), mouse over the button and enter the keybinding you want to use for that button. I also can't stand the side bars, they drive me nuts.

And you can make the buttons as big or small as you want. I like to keep mine as small as possible, because I prefer my screen being dominated by the game and not the game's UI.

And now for the ugliest UI I've ever seen:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/UIUgly.jpg

Drisco
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Because the default UI doesn't have enough buttons, at least for most classes. The default buttons are gigantic, and binding them is a pain in the ass compared to something like Bartender, where you type /kb (to toggle keybinding mode), mouse over the button and enter the keybinding you want to use for that button. I also can't stand the side bars, they drive me nuts.

And you can make the buttons as big or small as you want. I like to keep mine as small as possible, because I prefer my screen being dominated by the game and not the game's UI.

And now for the ugliest UI I've ever seen:

Really I only use buttons 1-8 and QWEFTY. I think it works perfect. I don't think i need more than 14 key bindings and if I do I usually can work my mouse and click it fast enough IE Trinkets.

I do however like that font bubbles that pops out of your character? What addon is that?

Methais
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Really I only use buttons 1-8 and QWEFTY. I think it works perfect. I don't think i need more than 14 key bindings and if I do I usually can work my mouse and click it fast enough IE Trinkets.

That will work fine for PvE, but if you plan on doing any pvp, you'll want to keybind pretty much everything.

I do however like that font bubbles that pops out of your character? What addon is that?

It's an addon called Scrolling Combat Text I think. Blizzard has it built into the default UI now too (that ugly UI screenshot was from years ago before Blizz added their own in). You can enable it in interface options somewhere.

Or were you talking about the speech bubble? That's somewhere in interface options too.

Drisco
04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Ya I have the combat bubble text but it's ugly and plain. I'm liking the font and colors you can have with that addon.