PDA

View Full Version : Alter Help

DoctorUnne
04-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Can someone take a look at this picture and help me with an alter? I want to get the look of the two outward facing gazelles or whatever the hell they are on the chest of my armor but have no friggin clue how to describe it or if they are even gazelles. Ignore the rest of the throne. Thanks!

http://seleria.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/300_xerxes_throne.jpg

Allereli
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I'll think about it, but my immediate reaction would be to call them minotaurs

ViridianAsp
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
They look like bulls to me. Stylized bulls that is.

DCSL
04-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Not that anyone could accuse 300 of incredible accuracy, but I'd be more inclined towards the gazelle idea just because that sort of minotaur is a Greek thing rather than a Persian thing. Of course, gazelles don't seem to be a huge Persian thing either (I did a quick Google because I have no life what with the snow storm outside.) But whatever. They look like gazelles to me.

As for describing them... Hm. A pair of stylized(or primitive) gleaming gold gazelle heads positioned back to back in a traditional display of defense(or aggression?) with muscular necks bent forward to allow niello-banded sharp horns to jut outwards.

DoctorUnne
04-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Thank you DCSL, that is like 100,000x better than anything I could come up with. And yes I agree they are gazelles

ZeP
04-17-2009, 08:59 PM
I want to get the look of the two outward facing gazelles or whatever the hell they are on the chest of my armor.. Ignore the rest of the throne.

You're not including the guy in the ancient speedo?

DCSL
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Not everyone can pull off an ancient speedo.

Jayvn
04-18-2009, 08:59 AM
He is wearing some armor embossed with the image of that guy from 300 standing on his throne with the gazelle head minotaurs on either side of him, only the guy is missing and so is the throne and the armor is stitched with bone and made from void midnight black armor materials.

shit..i forgot to add buckles... buckles make everything better..like bacon

ViridianAsp
04-18-2009, 01:28 PM
He is wearing some armor embossed with the image of that guy from 300 standing on his throne with the gazelle head minotaurs on either side of him, only the guy is missing and so is the throne and the armor is stitched with bone and made from void midnight black armor materials.

X100 fettered up the sides with veil iron buckles. HAWT

Donquix
04-18-2009, 01:42 PM

Once i was locked in a merchant tent for like 2 straight days, the mechant just locked the tent and said she'd keep coming back until everyone who stayed had gotten work done. Towards the end of the 2nd day, and after watching 8 million alters similar to this go out, i was squarely in the "don't give a crap" zone and said something along these lines after the merchant presented yet another deathly black war boot of evil runed death.

I proceeded to get angry whispers from the alteree's ingame boyfriend about mocking her for the next 30 minutes, which made it all the more enjoyable

Allereli
04-18-2009, 02:45 PM
He is wearing some armor embossed with the image of that guy from 300 standing on his throne with the gazelle head minotaurs on either side of him wearing matching big cowboy buckles, and holding strips of bacon, only the guy is missing and so is the throne and the armor is stitched with bone, made from void midnight black armor materials, and covered in runes of death and destruction.

fixed

DCSL
04-24-2009, 12:03 AM
That is AWESOME.

Rolton-Sammich
04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
My friend's look makes me realize that tears have formed in my eyes. "You'll never regret it," I say finally. Then, squeezing my friend's hand, wow gold (http://www.wotlkgold.net/faq.asp),I offer a prayer for her and me and all of the mere mortal women who stumble their way into this holiest of callings.

:rofl:

DCSL
04-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, they slipped that in all subtle like.

iJin
04-24-2009, 12:54 AM
LOL. Lovee it