PDA

View Full Version : Survivor

Allereli
04-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Anyone else watching? This season is great, as good as the first, and Coach will be a reality TV legend.

The man is out of his mind, but somehow has managed to get his way. He tells stories about being captured by pygmies and beaten, calls himself the "dragon slayer" and is one great soundbite after another.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jeff-probst-b-2.html

Tisket
04-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Although I missed this weeks episode, I am watching this season and I love to hate Coach. I just want to take a pair of scissors and cut his fucking hair everytime he appears on camera. He bullies Sierra who is my favorite on the show. The fucking bastard.

And yes, I'd probably watch if he had his own reality show. Fuck.

Ryvicke
04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a weird thing for the Coach/Tyson combo but am secretly rooting for jewish Stephen. I thought Sierra could be another Sugar but she hasn't done anything yet really...

This seems like the first season they've made them specifically wear normal clothing with a similar color-scheme to differentiate the tribes. Red/orange for Jalapao and black/purple for the other one. I like it.

Somehow after like 10 years I still love this damn show.

Allereli
09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
New season, and I'm still loving the show. Evil Russell should have been on the same season as Coach. I hope there's another All Stars version with the two of them.

Yasmin's speech from last night:

"I mean, if everybody would come closer, I'd like to introduce myself—tell you guys who I am and find out a little bit about you. Okay, now, my name is Yasmin and I am a professional hair stylist. I don't know how you feelin' about me but let's just say I am not the enemy. Not only that, I am here to help you guys strategize, because to me I don’t like a not fair fight. It's almost like, why be matched up with people that's not matched up with the right people, because then it's like taking candy from a baby. Who the hell wants to do that? That don’t boost my self esteem. You know what I'm sayin'? That make me seem like I really did something that was a cakewalk. Now don’t get offended, but personally, off the rip, I've noticed that strategy may be, um, something you guys are lacking. And I don’t know his name. What’s his name right here? Ben? I would like to talk to you in private about stuff, for sure."

Tisket
09-25-2009, 12:43 PM
I missed the opener but was half-assed watching last night while doing some housework. Is Yasmine the one that was whining and crying about being tackled by a guy during that match? What a pussy.

Allereli
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I missed the opener but was half-assed watching last night while doing some housework. Is Yasmine the one that was whining and crying about being tackled by a guy during that match? What a pussy.

Yeah, at the end of the immunity/reward challenge she got sent to the other camp for a night and made that big speech first thing when she got there. It was completely out of left field.

Rimalon
09-25-2009, 03:30 PM
And then Ben was like "she should shut up and go back to eating ketchup sandwiches and drinking Kool-Aid."

ROFLCOPTER!

Amaron
09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I watch them all and I so hate Russell, he makes me want to jump in there and smack him.

Allereli
09-25-2009, 05:30 PM
I watch them all and I so hate Russell, he makes me want to jump in there and smack him.

I want to see his ass get sent home, but at the same time I respect the way he goes for it. He had the smarts to look around the camp for the immunity idol with no clues, and so far he's been the one deciding who gets sent home (the women who were smart enough to not trust him but who were dumb enough to tell him so).

Amaron
09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah, I liked the police lady and I felt sorry for the old man.

Ben needs to go and Jasmine... But at least they add color.

J

Allereli
10-12-2009, 05:18 PM
"He was clotheslined ... by the clothesline!"

Cusack
10-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh Russell for the win! He's such a villain I love it!

Allereli
11-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Oh Russell for the win! He's such a villain I love it!

Holy crap, last night was the best episode ever in terms of gameplay. the faces on the former Galu members when Russell played the idol were priceless.

Whimsi
11-13-2009, 11:18 AM
I missed last nights episode but I thought he played his idol last week. Did he have a second one?

Damn, I love to hate that guy.

Allereli
11-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I missed last nights episode but I thought he played his idol last week. Did he have a second one?

Damn, I love to hate that guy.

when the idol is used, it goes back into play

Amaron
12-20-2009, 10:22 PM
OK, I won't say what went down.. but I HATED that final vote. Grrr Not the one I wanted to win at all.

J

Whimsi
12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
OK, I won't say what went down.. but I HATED that final vote. Grrr Not the one I wanted to win at all.

J

Thanks! It hasn't aired here yet. I'm pretty weak and couldn't help clicking this thread though.

Augie
12-20-2009, 10:34 PM

J

I totally agree. I was definitely surprised. Oh well...it was still one of the best seasons ever.

Whimsi
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Watching it now and it's right before the first tribal council. I tell you, the winner should be Russell. He's so freaking Machiavellian it's amazing. That said, I doubt it is going to be him. Damn it.

Whimsi
12-21-2009, 01:29 AM

Yeah, that was messed up.

Sean of the Thread
12-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Damn I have it recorded but from what you guys are saying I'm guessing Russell didn't win.

Sweets
12-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I didn't like the final vote either but did he have to cry? Yuck.

Allereli
12-21-2009, 10:37 AM
She deserved to win. Russell played many things great, but he didn't give himself a jury. He made alliances with everyone, that's just not smart, it pisses people off. Natalie made one alliance and stuck to it, while still managing to win over Galu, and convincing Russell to vote for Jaison, instead of her. To say she did nothing is ridiculous. She (1) handled Russell, her most dangerous opponent, the most effectively, and (2) convined Galu to start sending their own home when she planted the vote off Erik seed.

Mick had no chance, and he, Brett and Jaison should have gotten together to get rid of Russell on the 2nd to last tribal council.

Augie
12-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I thought it was funny how he was like "I'll give you $10k to give me the title of 'Sole Survivor' ". He really did deserve to win.

I wonder if they'd bring him back so soon for the Heroes vs. Villains. There was a list leaked already showing who may be on it. Johnny Fairplay was on it so I doubt they'd bring him back after quitting the first week of Fans vs. Faves.

Rupert is supposedly on that list to come back which would be great. And Jean Robert will be fun to see back in the game. Can't believe it's been 20 seasons already!

Amaron
12-22-2009, 06:26 AM
I HATED Russell after the first few episodes, but then he grew on me. They were so wise in casting him.

I just did not lik Natalie, she did not do much on her own but, even though she did have a valid strategy.

I liked Brett as well. He would have had the jury.

Shambo just needed to shut up, even in the final episode with her vote. She always sounded stupid no matter what she said.

Ah well, Russell, you will get your chance again I am sure and you are STILL a millionare.

Sean of the Thread
12-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Russel owned this season hard core. I'm still amazed that he found the immunity idols on his own with no clues. That being said if Brett would have won that last challenge he would have taken the game.

And fuck you guys I liked Shambo.

I didn't even recognize Mick on the jury episode. He cleaned up like a mother fucker.

Amaron
12-22-2009, 09:49 PM
You liked shambo? WTF she was so retarded. Its ok Sean you can like her. I did like Russell in the end.

Kuyuk
12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
20 seasons?? 2 seasons/year?

Allereli
12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
20 seasons?? 2 seasons/year?

yes, one fall, one winter/spring