PDA

View Full Version : newest nerfs

AestheticDeath
04-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Anyone wanna guess how much gold Blizzard just basically threw away for me?

I had a ton of items I was preparing for twinking, and now everything has new level requirements which makes all the items useless.

Stupid question but I have to ask since I haven't been in wow long, but have they ever given some sort of 'refund' on items? Replacing the leg armor kits placed on pants etc..

Kyra231
04-16-2009, 11:56 PM

I had a ton of items I was preparing for twinking, and now everything has new level requirements which makes all the items useless.

Stupid question but I have to ask since I haven't been in wow long, but have they ever given some sort of 'refund' on items? Replacing the leg armor kits placed on pants etc..

They won't if it's rendered useless to you by a change in game mechanics.

Alfster
04-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Nah, they won't do shit for you.

Xaerve
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
It figures you'd be into twinking in that game. God I'm glad I stopped playing back in 2005.

g++
04-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Its not like every other twink in the game was not using the same shit. Essentially nothing happened except that you lost some of the advantage you had over non-twinks and since I am guessing you still dont have an 80 that raids or does winter grasp you actually gained advantage over hard core twinks because they cannot send boa shoulders with hodirs enchants on them to their alts anymore.

Hint: if you need an edge over non-twinks you're doing it wrong. You should be in farmed epics of your level while they are in greens....if you need an extra +50 stam on top of that to kill them you're terrible lol.

Me
04-17-2009, 10:07 AM
they will probably not refund because as they have stated over and over again Twinking is not supported. And they have also stated that that the effect it has on new players who try to go to bg's and get rolled over by twinks is not something they are happy with. So expect more changes that make twinks unhappy.

LF

Some Rogue
04-17-2009, 10:12 AM
And that make me, the one with tons of alts of all levels, happy. I've been leveling with friends who are new to the game and we just have to avoid BG's altogether because it's a waste of time.

Methais
04-17-2009, 11:55 AM

Twinking is typically for people who suck and/or don't know how to play at 80. Or at any level, and instead rely on massive gear advantages to win for them.

It's like purposely getting held back in 4th grade so you can dominate kickball at recess at 16 years old.

QQ more about gold. This isn't GS.

SHAFT
04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
if i have enough gold say at lvl 40 to buy anything I want for that lvl, does make me a twink? i hope not. what a rediculous term

Sean of the Thread
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Twinking is typically for people who suck and/or don't know how to play at 80. Or at any level, and instead rely on massive gear advantages to win for them.

It's like purposely getting held back in 4th grade so you can dominate kickball at recess at 16 years old.

QQ more about gold. This isn't GS.

Wow I finally found a post I disagree on with Methais.

Twinking was fun as shit at 39. Kicking the queerhose allies in minutes was not just fucking great but mother fucking great.

Are twink guild was fun when people were actually on and we played together.

Sean of the Thread
04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
if i have enough gold say at lvl 40 to buy anything I want for that lvl, does make me a twink? i hope not. what a rediculous term

At level 40 you missed the 30-39 bracket so you failed.

No worries for you.

SHAFT
04-17-2009, 04:21 PM
nice! i only have one character, but i have enough gold to get all the good shit when i want it

Trouble
04-17-2009, 04:24 PM

Twinking in the usual sense is purposely holding a toon back from leveling so that they can be the best equiped and best trained toon in their battleground bracket. So a level 39 would have the highest natural stats, ability ranks, and most talent points possible for the 30-39 bracket. Even then they have an advantage. Once you add the best possible gear + enchants you become equivalent to a DK 10 levels lower than you, err, you become a twink. Once you hit level 40 you start back at the bottom of the bunch for the 40-49 bracket. A former twink can still do pretty well though since you still have relatively nice gear compared to the leveling greens w/o enchants others are likely to have.

Buying stuff off the AH to speed leveling for an alt can be considered twinking in the general sense, but most people apply the PvP definition (above).

g++
04-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Wow I finally found a post I disagree on with Methais.

Twinking was fun as shit at 39. Kicking the queerhose allies in minutes was not just fucking great but mother fucking great.

Are twink guild was fun when people were actually on and we played together.

Yah shooting unarmed people -- also awsome.

Twinking is retarded. I don't care how many people say it is fun, the only legitimate argument for twinking is that you fight other twink guilds in bgs....I have never witnessed this happen once EVER.

Kick the crap out of the allies at level 80 if you enjoy pvp on even footing, otherwise just admit you're willing to work hard to rig a pointless game no one even cares about anymore in your favor to infuriate people who are probably newbs.

Sean of the Thread
04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Well when you're capped and have xxxxxxxx amount of gold twinking with friends isn't a bad option for entertainment.

/shrug

I still miss the days where I'd sit with a 12 pack and MC people off thousand needles for hours on end.

To each their own.

*oh to my credit I haven't played in like a year so things were different back in the day.

g++
04-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Well when you're capped and have xxxxxxxx amount of gold twinking with friends isn't a bad option for entertainment.

/shrug

I still miss the days where I'd sit with a 12 pack and MC people off thousand needles for hours on end.

To each their own.

*oh to my credit I haven't played in like a year so things were different back in the day.

MC'ing people off large cliffs is always funny regardless of level.

Sean of the Thread
04-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I dubbed it Drunkard Airlines ftw.

g++
04-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I dubbed it Drunkard Airlines ftw.

The new rage is typhooning people off the naxx summong stone....20+ kills in one swipe.

Some Rogue
04-17-2009, 04:56 PM
I had the dumbest shadow priest ever try to gank me the other day at the Argent Tower there in Icecrown. He starts attacking me, fears me, gets not even a quarter of my health off and I use WotF and start pwning his face..get him to half health and he MC's me. Throws me off the side of the cliff there....and I don't even lose any health. Glyph of Safe Fall ftw! I ran back up and he'd ran like a little bitch already. :(

AestheticDeath
04-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Its not like every other twink in the game was not using the same shit. Essentially nothing happened except that you lost some of the advantage you had over non-twinks and since I am guessing you still dont have an 80 that raids or does winter grasp you actually gained advantage over hard core twinks because they cannot send boa shoulders with hodirs enchants on them to their alts anymore.

Hint: if you need an edge over non-twinks you're doing it wrong. You should be in farmed epics of your level while they are in greens....if you need an extra +50 stam on top of that to kill them you're terrible lol.

I was not twinking to play against others in pvp, but thanks anyways. I have not entered a BG yet.

I was 'twinking' lvl zero and other white items to reuse for all my characters as I level. I had several sets of gear ready to go, or close to it. Cloth set, leather set, mail set. With several weapons for each profession.

I got pissed and left before checking everything, but did they fuck up all the enchants too? Crusader and fiery weapon and whatnot?

I probably would have twinked in the Bgs later as well. But that is not the point. The point is they are purposely wasting tons of effort people went through to get items they liked. And beyond the fact that there are TONS of people that have tons of said items, that's their own fault for fucking it up.

I still don't like games that fuck you over with no sense of regret for doing it. No intent to refund the time/money.

And seriously how long has this game been out? I see things still getting fixed that shouldn't have had anything wrong with them in the first place.

Methais
04-17-2009, 11:15 PM
MC'ing people off large cliffs is always funny regardless of level.

What's even more fun is when the priest is retarded and stands right on the edge of the cliff when he MCs you.

Then you trinket out of it at the last second and cast Blastwave, sending the priest flying off the cliff instead.

It's kinda like this:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/kittyhaetwate-1.gif

I still don't like games that fuck you over with no sense of regret for doing it. No intent to refund the time/money.

And how long did you play GS for?

Drisco
04-18-2009, 12:22 AM
That priest is a noob if he doesn't have levitate ready to fly.

g++
04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I was not twinking to play against others in pvp, but thanks anyways. I have not entered a BG yet.

I was 'twinking' lvl zero and other white items to reuse for all my characters as I level. I had several sets of gear ready to go, or close to it. Cloth set, leather set, mail set. With several weapons for each profession.

Thats not what twinking means. There is no term for amassing a vast arsenal with which to destroy boars to get to level 10 because no one else on earth except you thinks its necessary or even a good idea.

Methais
04-20-2009, 12:27 PM

That "strategy" is pretty much the equivalent of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcACaW9vwg4

You're either trying too hard or doing it wrong. There is absolutely no point in twinking out level 0 white items unless you're either ridiculously bad at killing monsters (which if that's the case, just uninstall the game now and save yourself some headache cause you'll get nowhere at 80 and will probably become known as that guy that will turn an average instance run into a 5 hour wipefest), or just like to waste money. And we all know how much you love your money.

If you really absolutely have to twink out your alts for leveling, get a main to 80 and get a bunch of Stone Keeper's shards (You get them from doing Wintergrasp quests and from heroics when your faction is in control of Wintergrasp) and buy the "Bind to Account" items. Their stats scale with your level, and the shoulders give +10% to xp gained from killing monsters.

http://thottbot.com/i43228#B::A

Scroll down the page a bit and look at the yellow items. They're all bind to account. The stats on that page show them for level 1 I guess, but like I said, they scale up appropriately as you level, eliminating the need to get new gear as you're leveling.

Basically you can use that stuff from 1 to 80, and then send it to another alt to use after, assuming they can wear that armor type.

Even then though, it's really not necessary at all for leveling, but the 10% xp bonus from the shoulders is nice.

Parkbandit
04-20-2009, 01:14 PM

There is a difference between "need" and "want". I have 2 twinks (granted, I haven't played them in a year or so) that have(had) the best in slot for the most part (prior to the BTA items that were introduced in WotLK). There is a certain entertainment value of playing a druid in WSG and having all 10 alliance players running after you with very little chance of killing/stopping you. Or playing a warlock that has 3x-5x the amount of damage/kills as the #2 on the list.

g++
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
There is a difference between "need" and "want". I have 2 twinks (granted, I haven't played them in a year or so) that have(had) the best in slot for the most part (prior to the BTA items that were introduced in WotLK). There is a certain entertainment value of playing a druid in WSG and having all 10 alliance players running after you with very little chance of killing/stopping you. Or playing a warlock that has 3x-5x the amount of damage/kills as the #2 on the list.

I dont make a secret of the fact that I hate twinks, they make BG's no fun by grinding dumb shit so they can dominate brackets that have no rewards essentially turning what should be an amusement park ride for alts into an arduous pointless grind no one does. That said the fix in the patch was to stop people from using the hodir shoulder enchants and winter grasp head enchants on boa items and mailing them to alts. To put that in perspective if you equipped all the shit you could previously to a level 1 fire mage his critical strike rating at level 1 would be well over 100%. If you didnt see that coming...seriously its pretty much a bug.

Drisco
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I second his motion. I don't like twinks, or rather I find there is really no ... whats the word, perhaps feeling of achievement? When you come top Kills or top Dmg/Healing in a level 80 Bracket you feel like you've actually did friggen awesome and you're pumped about it. With twinks it's like ya I spent X amount of gold so I'm obviously going to be at the top.

I guess I don't have anything against Twinks, because the way I see it no one leveling actually plays BG's or they shouldn't be because they should be on the grind.

Parkbandit
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't expect everyone to like twinks to be honest. I happen to enjoy making some that had the best talents/gear/enchants in the game and had a great time playing them with others. I spent HOURS on Bullchip back in the day, to get that trinket from the pirate chest that drops in the arena outside of GG. I spent hours trying to get the hat from the fishing contest. I spent hundreds of gold to get the best items for each slot. And I spent hours one shotting people in BGs on Falgrin my hunter (when he was a twink)

AestheticDeath
04-20-2009, 06:38 PM
You guys are obviously retards, so I will stop posting my complaints here.

Seriously though, how stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone plays the game the same way? I play wow much the same as I did gemstone. I do whatever I can to have fun. To me that is not grinding as quick as I can to cap, and raiding with a bunch of other dumb fucks at stupid hours, for hours on end, not being able to goto the bathroom or eat when I want. At least not at the moment.

And when you go through different characters as much as I do, you might feel the need to 'save' gold in some way, by not having 500 BOE items on each guy you are fixing to delete cause you got tired of it. I had 4-5 sets of 16 slot traveler backpacks, so they could be moved around without wasting mageweave/netherweave bags. I had a lot of other items that could be shared and passed down once the items were outgrown by the current user.

I had lvl 1 gear that could get a character all the way to 40, without being to far behind another similar lvl character. If behind at all. Never had to worry about grinding an instance for the nice gear, or questing.

Sometimes I got on a kick to just run around exploring. And the items I had saved my ass plenty of times. Having 800 more health than someone else your lvl, or 500 and a lot more defense etc... I was able to fuck around with things much older than my guys. Run speed on boots and weapon enchants, it makes leveling so much more fun, when you can just run around and actually kill things with ease, instead of whacking on each other for 10 hits. And praying that you don't aggro another mob... Cause who likes chasing after dead bodies?

It was no different in gemstone, some people like to chase after the uber items, and kill faster or easier, or just have the flashier items etc. Some people didn't do anything but run around in 4x gear. I did both, but guess which one was more fun?

How much 'understanding' does it take to realize a LOT of people liked a certain aspect of the game that was available, and then because a few pussies getting their asses handed to them complained, they wasted TONs of effort and time for those players.

Besides that, you guys are doing exactly the same thing I did, only at a different level. So you are 80, and my guys aren't. Does that make you special? How many hours have you guys spent grinding through raids to get better gear? The best gear you can find?

How is me making the best gear I can get at a low level any worse?

AestheticDeath
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
How would you feel if blizzard suddenly decided your whole set of epic raid gear was overpowered, and deleted it? With no restitution?

Methais
04-20-2009, 06:55 PM

Nobody's saying you have to grind to 80 as fast as possible and raid 24/7 or play a certain way but...ok let's try a GS analogy.

Twinking out level 1 gear to kill boars or whatever with is like hunting rats with a full elemental and spirit spellup, and having an empath with you to bind everything and cast 117 on you for every swing.

If playing in god mode is your thing then that's your thing. I'm not trying to tell you how to play the game, but it's clear that that's not the way Blizzard intended for it to be, so don't go QQing all over the place when nerfs roll in, saying that Blizzard fucked you over like in the post that began this thread.

The answer is 0.

Besides that, you guys are doing exactly the same thing I did, only at a different level.

The difference is that at level 80, gear is the only form of character progression, whereas at level 1-79, gear has almost nothing to do with character progression.

Methais
04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
How would you feel if blizzard suddenly decided your whole set of epic raid gear was overpowered, and deleted it? With no restitution?

They have nerfed some gear before. People dealt with it and got over it. Same thing with class nerfs, item nerfs, twink nerfs, etc.

As a matter of fact, for all intents and purposes, the same thing happens every couple years when a new expansion comes out. All the gear you worked so hard to gain is now obsolete.

You're not some sort of unique victim of Blizzard's "e-tyranny". If you can't handle having twink items nerfed of all things, just quit now because you'll probably end up hanging yourself or going on a shooting spree or something when you get to 80 and get nerfed, which will happen sooner or later. Blizzard likes nerfs almost as much as Warden does.

Some Rogue
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Also, every time an expansion comes out or hell a new tier of raid gear...guess what that old raid gear is worth?

Dammit, beat me to it.

Methais
04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Also, every time an expansion comes out or hell a new tier of raid gear...guess what that old raid gear is worth?

Dammit, beat me to it.

Quoted for pwnt.

g++
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
You guys are obviously retards, so I will stop posting my complaints here.

Seriously though, how stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone plays the game the same way? I play wow much the same as I did gemstone. I do whatever I can to have fun. To me that is not grinding as quick as I can to cap, and raiding with a bunch of other dumb fucks at stupid hours, for hours on end, not being able to goto the bathroom or eat when I want. At least not at the moment.

And when you go through different characters as much as I do, you might feel the need to 'save' gold in some way, by not having 500 BOE items on each guy you are fixing to delete cause you got tired of it. I had 4-5 sets of 16 slot traveler backpacks, so they could be moved around without wasting mageweave/netherweave bags. I had a lot of other items that could be shared and passed down once the items were outgrown by the current user.

I had lvl 1 gear that could get a character all the way to 40, without being to far behind another similar lvl character. If behind at all. Never had to worry about grinding an instance for the nice gear, or questing.

Sometimes I got on a kick to just run around exploring. And the items I had saved my ass plenty of times. Having 800 more health than someone else your lvl, or 500 and a lot more defense etc... I was able to fuck around with things much older than my guys. Run speed on boots and weapon enchants, it makes leveling so much more fun, when you can just run around and actually kill things with ease, instead of whacking on each other for 10 hits. And praying that you don't aggro another mob... Cause who likes chasing after dead bodies?

It was no different in gemstone, some people like to chase after the uber items, and kill faster or easier, or just have the flashier items etc. Some people didn't do anything but run around in 4x gear. I did both, but guess which one was more fun?

How much 'understanding' does it take to realize a LOT of people liked a certain aspect of the game that was available, and then because a few pussies getting their asses handed to them complained, they wasted TONs of effort and time for those players.

Besides that, you guys are doing exactly the same thing I did, only at a different level. So you are 80, and my guys aren't. Does that make you special? How many hours have you guys spent grinding through raids to get better gear? The best gear you can find?

Your WoW threads are the equivalent of "Im jamming my dick into the coin slot of pac-man, I dont find this game fun". The game is intended for you to level up and do dungeons and raids, the level grind is stupid easy and this is like the 4th thread you have made where your main concern is insanely over elaborate plans to buff up low level toons for purposes that still elude me. I mean do what you want obviously. I just dont know why you're shocked we dont get it every time.