PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are they thinking?

Edaarin
07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Okay. This is going to be a rather long, unorganized rant.

I tolerated losing levels for GSIV. I tolerated having rogues pushed one way or another. I don't mind GMs not enforcing the HMC policy (otherwise Waraashekhm would have long been gone). I don't mind the mandis crystal pretty much eliminating hunting for my spellslinger in the Landing. I don't mind dying 5 times a day during this poorly thought out invasion. The addition of the insta-death sniping arrows (rank 5+ crits 90% of the time) pissed me off. The uber sentries that only Tsin and Boomsplat and Neimanz can kill can be ignored.

But. I went to use my locker in Paupers, and on the way out find that the gate back to TSSW is closed. Can't open it, climb it, bash it, or anything. Can't use Sign of Darkness, because of the stupid crystal. I've been trapped in the same room for 30 minutes, reported it 25 minutes ago, assisted about it, NOTHING.

They bit off way more than they can chew. GSIV is nowhere near done, the test version has proved that. Bugs galore, most of the promised features aren't even implemented, and half of them piss people off to no end. Why the HELL did they choose now to put Wehnimer's under siege? It's a poorly organized attempt to force RP. I've seen a handful of people out there doing their part in attacking (the Gryphons, rogues and warriors like Daergaerd, Porcell, Tsin, Boomsplat, myself, Vermenh, Mazeo, Kyal, and so on). I've seen people walking around town picking up loot while everyone's busy attacking Jants (Laccon, Dimbat). I've seen people logging in attempts to not die (Envim, Arua). I've seen some clerics Well a person 2 seconds after being dragged in, I know for a fact there's at least one cleric script raising.

And I'm still stuck in damn Paupers.

[Edited on 7-22-2003 by Edaarin]

Scott
07-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Heh, just saw you walk into the road and complain about being stuck in there. I'd be pissed too if I was stuck... Just wondering, how did you get out?

Edaarin
07-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Reported it, bugged it, and assisted about it, Orleandra eventually got me out. Guess I just had to make myself a nuisance till they could do something about it.

StrayRogue
07-21-2003, 09:11 PM
We'll see. They did a good job when it came to HSN last year. This year though...I am putting money on that they fuck it up.

GS4Gurl
07-21-2003, 09:11 PM
gah sound like a giant chaotic mess to me! What in the hell are they thinking? I thing the people running the stuff are on crack half the time. Only explaination I can come up with.

Bobmuhthol
07-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Raziras' troll named Test threw me into the water tunnels for the Voln step. I never even heard of the place. I was in there for an hour trying to figure out how to get out. A GM was telling me he couldn't take me out because it's a game puzzle. It took twenty reports before he realized a GM put me there in the first place.

Betheny
07-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Raziras doesn't have a troll, he has a limbless goblin.

Skaster
07-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Yes, but you deserved it for being Bobmuhthol.

Snapp
07-21-2003, 10:33 PM
I have to agree that this is the worst and least thought-out invasion ever... Most people can't do a damn thing except flee or hide and wait, Empaths and clerics are vulturing to the point of making me ill ...the whole thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Bobmuhthol
07-21-2003, 10:39 PM
The species of the creature wasn't really the main point of the story, nor did it have any influence on the story. But anyway, yeah, it was a limbless goblin and not a troll. Boo hoo.

Betheny
07-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Some empaths and clerics are using it as an excuse to vulture. It pisses me off so I hide out in Thanatoph. There's a nice node here.

As a cleric, I tend to walk into a room and take over, because if there isn't someone there 'in charge' and pretty much enforcing the no-vulture mentality, it's a free-for-all.

Bevan
07-22-2003, 05:10 AM
Well ... welcome to Elanthia, folks. Is it such a huge surprise that invasions these days wipe out 95% of the characters around to challenge the remaining 5%?

The ONLY thing that can change that is to a) cease having invasions, or b) dramatically change how people level.

Oops, they tried that, and the firestorm of whining was so great they had to back down.

Well, guys, you got the GS you wanted. This is it. Have a happy.

vigilante
07-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl
gah sound like a giant chaotic mess to me! What in the hell are they thinking? I thing the people running the stuff are on crack half the time. Only explaination I can come up with.

It's called war. Imagine.

vigilante
07-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
I have to agree that this is the worst and least thought-out invasion ever... Most people can't do a damn thing except flee or hide and wait, Empaths and clerics are vulturing to the point of making me ill ...the whole thing is absolutely ridiculous.

:: yawn :: Same thing said during the Vvrael, the Banaltras, the Griffin Sword Quest, ... among others. You would think those GMs would figure out that the world revolves around you, wouldn't you? Damn them all to hell...

Parkbandit
07-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Invasions are simply not for everyone. Some folks don't like them, but many do. I say it's about damn time they had an invasion that was actually an invasion.

It's all about rolling with the punches and adapting to what's been handed to you.

You have two choices... nut up and help in any way you can.. or flee to another town until it's over.

I think this entire WoN has been well done to date. I look forward to an extended occupation of the Landing.

vigilante
07-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Parkbandit has a clue.