PDA

View Full Version : GM Zyllah posts on the officials.

Rimalon
04-12-2009, 04:57 AM
Seriously, what the fuck.

She goes through every folder and replies to the stupidest shit, relating to us some stupid ass anecdote. Apparently she has 32832879 characters, and plays all of them, and is just like us!

Here's the latest atrocity from the alchemy folder that set me off:

ROFL! I stopped working on alchemy way, way back because I just don't have the time needed to collect ingredients. But I still save some of them I know I'd need "just in case". (And doing this even breaks my "don't use one character to benefit another character" personal rule.) After getting two characters to title and passing off their finds to my alchemy mule I have a grand total of 21 malachite stones. So yeah, people doing anything else with malachite stones is a complete atrocity!

Zyllah

...What is her actual honest-to-goodness role on staff?

SGM of Posting Things No One Gives A Shit About?

Give those malachite stones to an actual alchemist/normal human being and GTFO.

I've been holding off ignoring her completely on the off chance she'd actually post something interesting in an official capacity, but that's over. She now joins Hakwea and Krakii in my ignore list.

/rant

Asha
04-12-2009, 07:15 AM
I love reading her posts to get me really mad in the morning.

Fallen
04-12-2009, 07:26 AM
I never had much of a problem with Zyllah, honestly.

Jayvn
04-12-2009, 07:29 AM
how old is that post...since they put crushed gems in the guilds...a fuckin year ago?..right after I mastered pretty much...

Asha
04-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I find her condescending and almost as bad as Andraste.

Fallen
04-12-2009, 07:46 AM
how old is that post...since they put crushed gems in the guilds...a fuckin year ago?..right after I mastered pretty much...

Some spells require un-crushed versions of gems, because Alchemy rules.

Allereli
04-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I knew I've commented on this before:

Also posted by Zyllah today re harnesses closing:

<<In before a million people post logs of them closing their harnesses!>>

Yeah I know there are a lot of sheaths and harnesses out there that are closeable. I think this is mostly due to the fact that when a GM creates an item made from a container profile it is by default set to be able to open and close. A lot of GMs don't go back and change it. I still stand by my statement that sheaths and harnesses are not container types that open and close since by design they can't. ;)

For the flap on a sheath comment, if there was a flap across the top of the sheath then your weapon would not be able to fit inside with it closed, since the hilt would be sticking out past the top of the sheath. If it's the case of one of those thin straps that fits over one side of the hilt guard, that's not the same thing as actually closing a container.

Zyllah

/facepalm

I swear she just makes comments to show that a GM is reading the boards

Asha
04-12-2009, 08:16 AM
lol rep for polar bear attack :heart:

Ker_Thwap
04-12-2009, 08:30 AM
My only real problem with her is that I believe GMs should keep their characters anonymous. Her constant posting of "Too Much Information" makes it so that anyone remotely attentive could figure out her characters.

Luckily I'm not that attentive and suffer from a deplorable lack of curiosity.

phantasm
04-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Isn't Zyllah that beautiful blond with large breasts delicious breasts.

Rolton-Sammich
04-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh dear Jesus a GM being friendly and social.

They really are all total bastards.

Allereli
04-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh dear Jesus a GM being friendly and social.

They really are all total bastards.

I don't care about when she writes about her experiences with her characters, but as a GM, she also gives out information that is completely wrong

Rolton-Sammich
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't care about when she writes about her experiences with her characters, but as a GM, she also gives out information that is completely wrong

That's a legitimate complaint. But "she replies to random stuff grrrrr" is just being douchey.

BriarFox
04-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I just find her annoying because she has to add her worthless two cents to apparently every discussion on the officials.

Winter's Kiss
04-12-2009, 12:27 PM
<insert rebuttal of people on PC doing the same thing>

RForrester
04-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I logged in to post who one of her main characters is an dammed if it went right out of my head.

She's been around since almost day-one. Active in the old Amazon group - not even sure that player group is still around.

She did quite a bit of whinning and complaining each time she was turned down for 'Mentor'. Finely made Mentor and the next step was GM, like it is for most people.

I've always liked her. Pretty much can say GS is her life, which is a shame.

Stanley Burrell
04-12-2009, 01:28 PM
She was the last GM to give me a pep-talk. Not that I didn't deserve it, heh.

diethx
04-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I never had much of a problem with Zyllah, honestly.

^ (or any problem at all, in fact.)

Me
04-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Most of the Amazons made GM so we hardly logged onto those characters anymore. That was a fun group we had a bunch of good times including the games we held once a year.

LF

ElvenFury
04-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I find her condescending and almost as bad as Andraste.

That's overstating things, IMO. Sure, she posts on a lot of things that aren't under her oversight, but at least she makes it clear that it's her opinion, and doesn't give you the typical Andraste "Respect my authori-TAY!" tone.

My favorite Andraste post was when she claimed that unless otherwise stated, we can all assume her posts are classified as IOI:4.

I don't mind Zyllah, but I admit that I don't give her posts the weight that I give the posts of other GMs.

Parkbandit
04-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Zyllah soured my opinion of the GH program and ultimately of the game. I don't miss her one iota.

Proxy
04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I just find her annoying because she has to add her worthless two cents to apparently every discussion on the officials.

Well, she stays out of the sorcery board... Along with all the other GM's. :shrug: just saying

TheRoseLady
04-14-2009, 12:30 AM
I always liked her, when she played her first character and as a GM. But I didn't have to deal with her behind the scenes, nor was I a troublemaker who had frequent contact with her.

I will always be grateful for her cleric focused merchant, she introduced a number of great RP props that I found rather useful as a cleric.

thefarmer
04-14-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't care for her hiring practices.