PDA

View Full Version : Brand new cleric

Jiire
04-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I am making a cleric after having been away from gemstone for 3 years. All my experience is in my rogue, so I'm looking for some help in stats and build for a cleric.

I want to make a dark elf cleric, one hander (either edged or blunt not sure yet, probably edged) + shield, eventual volner, caster and swinger. Looking for help mainly in the stats department, I have no idea where to place them and how much where. Looking for some help desperately, thanks.

ViridianAsp
04-09-2009, 02:48 AM
I am making a cleric after having been away from gemstone for 3 years. All my experience is in my rogue, so I'm looking for some help in stats and build for a cleric.

I want to make a dark elf cleric, one hander (either edged or blunt not sure yet, probably edged) + shield, eventual volner, caster and swinger. Looking for help mainly in the stats department, I have no idea where to place them and how much where. Looking for some help desperately, thanks.

Honestly, you'd be better off going pure. Mostly because you won't be able to swing for long without some serious crippling effects.

I had a voln cleric who did brawling, bare handed using a shield + Voln fu, but was told by fifty I'd most likely have to switch her over to casting.

CaptContagious
04-09-2009, 06:11 AM
i disagree. I believe your best bet is sticking with swinging for a while. With the bonuses you get from bravery and heroism and the glory of bind, prayer of holding and unbalance getting those kills will be quicker then killing 5 with spells, meditating... rinse... repeat. Stat wise, if your in your first 30 days max them out for easy leveling. High str, high AGIDEX for quicker rt. Go THW and pwn. then right before your 30 days is up. set'em for growth. for those numbers your gonna wanna hit Tsorans Stat Cruncher spreadsheet thingy.

www.tsoran.com

Ryvicke
04-09-2009, 07:32 AM
With the bonuses you get from bravery and heroism and the glory of bind, prayer of holding and unbalance getting those kills will be quicker then killing 5 with spells, meditating... rinse... repeat.
www.tsoran.com

Having hunted with a lot of OHE/bind clerics I can tell you that the pure route hunts much faster and without ever doing a "kill 5, meditate, go back out into the field" type of hunting. I don't even have wracking and I'm not ever really hurting for mana enough to do that.

I remember thinking in my first 30 days I was going to swing my claid for 30 days and then switch over, I ended up switching to pure after 2 weeks at about level 12 because it was faster.

To to OP--you can OHE/shield a cleric to cap or near-cap--THROGG on the officials has posted her training many times in the cleric folders, but it's going to limit what you can do spell-wise (you won't have some utilities until much later) and it's almost necessary that you pick up a nicely weighted weapon for the build.

Jace Solo
04-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I hunt with a THW cleric with a claid and she is wicked awesome, never binds, never uses mana for anything she doesn't want to. She's dirty. Look up Deleyli when you get in game. She's very friendly and we up hunted about 10-15 trains. She's in her thirties now while I've been working on my wizard and she's doing very well. She'll probably go pure later on...but that's what fix skills is for.

Durgrimst
04-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I would have to say go dwarf and blunt/board and do COL. After you get older go pure.

Pjigga
04-30-2009, 05:46 AM
i agree with the casting for speed and effectiveness, i swung thw till 12 then switched to bane... however thw is great if you got a wizard rollin with ya always, if not at cap brawl go voln for fu and bane ftw... beef cleric ranks and summoning for that nasty ass 240 yer cs will be godly no one will mess with you, and if they do they best be in for a quick death if they slip up theres just too many weapons with that build if you ask me its overkill that i can deal with!