PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Invasion Habit

elcidcannon
04-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Why do all the clerics still recite "Raising whoever" before doing so?

I can understand before (I think) WoL was a pre-raise requirement to keep people from casting at the same person.

Now all you have to do is appraise the person to see if they've got WoL on them.

Just annoys me. /slight rant

radamanthys
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Why does it annoy you?

Makkah
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Screen scroll?

Fallen
04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Because during invasions there is none of that to be found elsewhere.

Makkah
04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Just the more reason to cut down on unneeded scroll... I don't think you caught the point.

Fallen
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I think the point is invalid in the first place. It serves to allow the other clerics to plan ahead and look for the next healthy body. I imagine it would be more effective if used BEFORE a cast of Well of Life.

radamanthys
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
It strikes me as a silly thing to be extra-annoyed about during an invasion, where 100mph screen scroll is the norm.

But who am I to judge?

elcidcannon
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Agreed. I think maybe thats what I'm getting at. If you've already WoL'd the person....there's no reason to announce you're going to ressurect them.

It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it was as Fallen said.

elcidcannon
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM
No its not the screen scroll that annoys me. Just the pointlessness of it.

Rolton-Sammich
04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Because if you're just going to turbo 308 and 318 to vulture as hard as possible, who needs communication?

elcidcannon
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I imagine it would be more effective if used BEFORE a cast of Well of Life.

Agreed. I think maybe thats what I'm getting at. If you've already WoL'd the person....there's no reason to announce you're going to ressurect them.

It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it was as Fallen said.

Because if you're just going to turbo 308 and 318 to vulture as hard as possible, who needs communication?

Nothing to do with vulturing. Just the pointlessness of it.

The Ponzzz
04-09-2009, 12:21 AM

I think they have a cool down period in Prime for raising. I think they nixed the vulture aspect.

Rathain
04-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Because of the timer on using well of life, the person that a cleric rescued (sometimes a friend or ally) is sometimes raised by another cleric. I always thought that etiquette was there as a redundancy measure to make sure the rescuing cleric doesn't waste a 308 on a live target in a futile spirit transfer effort, and a note of courtesy considering that they are raising a target they had no hand in rescuing. Sounds kind of petty I'm sure, but like empaths, clerics are a bunch of emo bitches.

Rolton-Sammich
04-09-2009, 01:24 AM
No, the "Raising" recitation has been around, as the OP supposed, since well before Well was involved.

elcidcannon
04-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Because of the timer on using well of life, the person that a cleric rescued (sometimes a friend or ally) is sometimes raised by another cleric. I always thought that etiquette was there as a redundancy measure to make sure the rescuing cleric doesn't waste a 308 on a live target in a futile spirit transfer effort, and a note of courtesy considering that they are raising a target they had no hand in rescuing. Sounds kind of petty I'm sure, but like empaths, clerics are a bunch of emo bitches.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

I think the recitation was around (prior to WoL requirement) to prevent inadvertent "re-raising." Now, it serves the same function, except to prevent a WoL post-ressurection. Makes sense now! Recite away!

/irked

Khariz
04-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Wanna know something REALLY annoying that I do with my cleric during invasions that REALLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF?

I don't raise in room order. I raise important/high-level/personal friends/myself first before thinking about raising some other schmuck. Wow does it piss the other clerics off. I mean, they go all megatron on my ass when I do it.

BriarFox
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Wanna know something REALLY annoying that I do with my cleric during invasions that REALLY PISSES PEOPLE OFF?

I don't raise in room order. I raise important/high-level/personal friends/myself first before thinking about raising some other schmuck. Wow does it piss the other clerics off. I mean, they go all megatron on my ass when I do it.

Ya. Fuck them. I raise friends first, too, if I'm bothering to do it.

Rolton-Sammich
04-09-2009, 03:54 PM

It makes obvious sense anyway. You could raise Novice Roltonmaster, Apprentice Koboldwhacker, Wandersaroundclueless the 110 fame empath, or actually get people up that matter. If some clerics care about room order, they can use room order. Seems to work fine for the locksmiths.

Khariz
04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
It makes obvious sense anyway. You could raise Novice Roltonmaster, Apprentice Koboldwhacker, Wandersaroundclueless the 110 fame empath, or actually get people up that matter. If some clerics care about room order, they can use room order. Seems to work fine for the locksmiths.

I'm glad to see that people agree with my philosophy on this matter. Yeah...I mean, if I raise my warrior, thats 100 more mobs that will die before he can get killed again. I raise a level 10 dickweed that's gonna die before the link is up...why?

m444w
04-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Ya seriously... I hate that shit to.