PDA

View Full Version : Back.....changes?

kgolfer
04-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm back after a 18+ month hiatus. What's changed for rangers and everything in general?

Alaramis

graysun
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Both a new society (Guardians of Sunfist) and the alchemy system were released last year. Those are probably the most noteworthy changes.

Temporarily enhancive items (to stats/skills) seem to be all the rage now - most of them can be recharged using bounty points.

There was also a change to the loot system, whereby up-hunting is now rewarded and under-hunting is no longer as lucrative as it once was.

StrayRogue
04-08-2009, 01:45 PM
There was also a change to the loot system, whereby up-hunting is now rewarded and under-hunting is no longer as lucrative as it once was.

Does that apply to skins as well?

BriarFox
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't think it applies to skins, no. It has to do with dropped loot.

BriarFox
04-08-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm back after a 18+ month hiatus. What's changed for rangers and everything in general?

Alaramis

Not much has changed for rangers since you left. Hardly anything's happened since the lore review a couple of years ago.

graysun
04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Does that apply to skins as well?
I have heard that skin values are vulnerable to hunting-pressure, but I don't think level is involved.

StrayRogue
04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah over-hunting always busted the value. You could pwn some areas down in a few hours if you totally hammered them non-stop.

complac3ncy
04-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I too was debating sending in a reactivation request but after reading these boards from time to time I find it sort of hard to do. Haven't touched the game in about 18-24 months as well.

This new society thing sounds interesting, but I was kind of looking for changes to spells or the ranger guild, new capped-level hunting spots, stuff like that.

Don't have access to the main boards right now, anything planned at least?

-Tenalin

Danical
04-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Search the Gemstone News folder for "Official:" and you'll see all the news that's been released in that timeframe.

Evarin and other are pretty good about x-posting it.