PDA

View Full Version : Caught scripting...

gcstader
02-15-2004, 11:49 PM
I was surfing the web and script hunting earlier when I was reported by some guy named Darktree. Sent to the scripting lounge and assisted in the afternoon. Logged in tonight after the NC State and Duke game (go pack!), and talked to a GM. Here's the conversation where the GM mentions a few things that might be of interest to people who script. Anyways here's the log (edited out people leaving/sent commands ). Take from it what you will:

*** GameMaster Mahegh Chau'senlar is here to answer your referral. ***

>grin
You grin.

Mahegh lets out a cheer!

You wave to Valeir.
Mahegh exclaims, "HA!"
Valeir says, "Sure thing. Good luck with the discussions and wow, that was fast."
Valeir chuckles.
Mahegh points at Valeir.

You say, "Fastest I've ever seen."

You feel less drained.
You grin.
Mahegh says, "You're jest slow."
Valeir exclaims, "Off I go!"
Mahegh nods to Valeir.
Valeir waves.
Valeir chuckles.

Valeir vanishes in a puff of smoke!
Mahegh says, "Off you go."
Mahegh grins.

Mahegh says, "Let's go to somewhere quieter."
Eldas just appeared.
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Obvious exits: none

A shaft of scintillating light suddenly pierces the ceiling and strikes the ground next to you. The beam of light then explodes in a shower of sparks and Mahegh is standing in its place.

You say, "I just had a couple complaints about being detained for scripting earlier."

You say, "First of all, I've never had any problems, violations or warnings in six years of playing Gemstone."

[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Also here: GameMaster Mahegh who is sitting
Obvious exits: none
You feel at full magical power again.
You do not feel drained anymore.

Mahegh says, "Cool."

You say, "The GM who sent me there sent one small message to me that I did not see because of screen scroll."

You say, "Before I could respond, I was in the scripting lounge or whatever its called."

Mahegh nods.

You say, "I was not AFK scripting I was AT the keyboard."
Mahegh nods.

Mahegh says, "Ok, so let me be sure in what you're saying."

Mahegh says, "Just in case I have this mixed up."

You say, "I can send you a log if you really want to see it."

Mahegh says, "Nah, that's ok."

You nod to Mahegh.

You see GameMaster Mahegh Chau'senlar.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He appears to be very young. He has ale-brown eyes and fair skin. He has short, silver hair. He has a pretty nose. He has a chisled chin and some seven-minute abs.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a pair of supple leather boots in his left hand.
He is wearing a large sack, a fresh rose, a braided silver necklace with a miniature guillotine hanging from it, a pair of brown leather sandals, a thinly veiled hooded robe, a Lorminstra badge, a small silver star, a shimmering glaesine orb, a rolaren-bound sheath, a black felt eyepatch, a blue toadstool pin, and a grey emerald band.
Mahegh says, "Let's see what my logs show."

You nod.
Mahegh says, "You logged in today around 1325 CST."

You shrug.

Mahegh says, "At 1353 you were contacted by the GM doing the testing about your scripting AFK."

You say, "I'm on EST but I'm sure that's right..."
Mahegh says, "These times are CST."
Mahegh nods.
Mahegh says, "My apologies."

You nod to Mahegh.

Mahegh says, "At 1358, you were put in that room, and a warning for long term scripting was issued."

You say, "'Exactly right."

Mahegh nods.

You say, "I did not see the SINGLE message the GM sent me asking me to respond."

Mahegh says, "You logged out of the game, with no other actions at 1428."

You nod to Mahegh.

Mahegh says, "At 1429 you returned.."

Mahegh says, "At 1431 you assisted."

You nod to Mahegh.

Mahegh says, "At 1432 you were told to follow the instructions."

Mahegh says, "Then left and returned at 1437."

You say, "That's all correct."

Mahegh asks, "My question to you is why didn't you do your assist at some point right after being moved to the scripting room, why did you wait over 30 minutes?"

You say, "Once I saw I was in the scripting lounge I was kinda pissed and didn't even mess feel like messing with assisting."

Mahegh asks, "30 minutes?"

You nod to Mahegh.

Mahegh asks, "Then logged out only to log in a few moments later to assist then?"

You nod to Mahegh.

Mahegh nods.

You ask, "Why wouldn't I just assist before logging out?"

Mahegh asks, "Why wouldn't you assist the moment you saw you were in the room?"

The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.

Mahegh asks, "Because you were mad?"

Mahegh asks, "For 30 minutes?"
Mahegh scratches his head.

You say, "Because I wasn't in the mood to even talk to a GM right then to be honest with you."
Mahegh says, "I see."

You say, "Its not like I was in the lounge for hours or something."

Mahegh says, "Well, Eldas, the problem we have here is that from the looks of everything, you weren't at your keyboard. From the looks of the logs, it appears you didn't get back to your keyboard for about 30 minutes afterwards."

Mahegh says, "We've had many scripters over the years, and can see the patterns."
You chuckle.

You say, "I'm sure you have."

You ask, "So you're saying I should have logged off or assisted right when I got to the lounge?"

Mahegh says, "Most players, who have missed a send, or a whisper during the checking of their script activities, have assisted the moment they saw they were in the lounge."

You nod to Mahegh.
Mahegh says, "We test for 5 minutes."

Mahegh says, "Wait till the scroll slows down or stops, and then send again."

Mahegh says, "Sometimes we use whispers."

Mahegh says, "Sometimes room chats.."

Mahegh says, "Sometimes we have the critters do strange things."
re.

You say, "That's EXACTLY what happened."

You say, "The GM whispered to me once..."

Mahegh shakes his head.

You nod to Mahegh.

Mahegh says, "There were three contacts."

You say, "I have the log file."

Mahegh says, "All over a 5 minute span."
Mahegh says, "So do I."

Mahegh says, "Ours are more detailed."

You ask, "Can you send me the one you have by any chance then?"
Mahegh shakes his head.
Mahegh says, "Sorry, no."

You blink.

Mahegh says, "The warning will stand."

You ask, "Are you serious? You're going to say you have some evidence and don't even show it to the person?"

Mahegh says, "You do have the option to write to feedback to ask them to overturn this decision."
Mahegh says, "This is not a trial, Eldas."

Mahegh says, "This isn't a law suit."

You say, "I understand that."

Mahegh says, "This is ingame data that we retain."

You say, "It just seems unfair to say someone did something, you have proof of it, and don't want to share that with the ones you're accusing..."

Mahegh says, "You should add to your script to send TIME every loop through."

Mahegh says, "This way it'll time stamp your own logs so you can see how long things took."

You say, "Slows it down too much."
----------
Just thought some people might be interested in seeing what GMs have to see to people caught scripting...

~ Greg / Eldas

Scott
02-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Did you really expect Mahegh to buy that? I mean he is an idiot, but not even Warclaidhm would buy that.

gcstader
02-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Not really, just wanted to at least say something. I've never even had a warning on my account so, it's not really a big deal. I'll just pay more attention to the gemstone FE while I'm messing around on my computer.

~ Greg / Eldas

Hulkein
02-16-2004, 12:00 AM
YOU CAN'T BE A MENTOR/GAMEHOST ANYMORE!!!1 If you need counciling over this horrible news call 1-888-SUICIDE.

Heh, but seriously, what were you hunting?

Snapp
02-16-2004, 12:00 AM
:lol: Those are the lamest excuses I've ever seen. Mad for 30 minutes? Gimme a break.

crazymage
02-16-2004, 12:03 AM
I'd have locked you out for making a lame excuse!

gcstader
02-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Yeah it was a lame excuse. Hindsight's 20/20, right? I mean, it's not like I had an hour to sit there and thingkof some elaborate excuse. That was a conversation, I said that like 3 seconds after he asked me why I didn't assist for 30 minutes. If it takes you an hour to respond to the question you look pretty guilty then too.

~Greg / Eldas

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by gcstader]

TheEschaton
02-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I know people who've been warned before and became mentors... ;)

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Heh, I believed it until he said, "I was mad."

02-16-2004, 12:11 AM
You should have just said that i didn't know i was supposed to assist and thought a GM would come talk to you.

Soulpieced
02-16-2004, 12:17 AM
The moral of the story is don't script hunt in populated areas where people can report you.

gcstader
02-16-2004, 12:18 AM
And I sat in the room completely idle (not typing a command) and then exited, logged in and assisted...? Maybe it would work but, I'm not so sure.
I mean my actions just from the way i logged in and out made me look pretty guilty from the start.

Soulpieced - that is exactly the key to it. The only way you're going to get caught is by some other player turning you in. The area I hunt never has more than one person (besides me) hunting in it at a time. The problem is my script looks for the Also here: before moving on. So, if someone is hidden, I end up poaching their kills - they get pissed and report me.
~ Greg / Eldas

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by gcstader]

Meos
02-16-2004, 12:28 AM
hunt like the rest of us, scripts are the devil.

Reyek
02-16-2004, 12:29 AM
scripts are the devil. but the devil is so much better :)

Hulkein
02-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Haha. Post your scripts gcstader. I'm interested in seeing them.

TheEschaton
02-16-2004, 12:37 AM
I only use hunting scripts with my archers, mainly for my crossbow user, and for bolt/arrow collecting.

-TheE-

peam
02-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Just keep scripting. They caught me once and warned me.

Since then, they've put me in the limbo thing 3 more times. Keep in mind, you're supposed to recieve a 30 day lockout on your second offense. They won't lock you out. All hail the mighty dollar.

J-Tech
02-16-2004, 12:00 PM
You could have said your cable modem providers service had momentairly gone done, or you lost connection to GS due to the bad phone lines you have to use for your dial up in the area you live in, that would be a good reason of logging out and back in...you were lagged out so you logged back in forcing your exit and re-entry to the game...

J.T.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-16-2004, 12:08 PM
I like Mahegh. He should have cursed your items, put you in stocks, and let all the gm's spirit death you ten times putting you at -10k DR points.

You got caught, you should have just said, ok, you caught me. Sorry. And gone on with life.

Tayvin thinks Harmnone would think you did the crime now do the time.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2004, 12:13 PM
<<you were lagged out so you logged back in forcing your exit and re-entry to the game...>>

Mahegh was looking at the log, it would show if he typed quit or not, which he would not have if he lost connection.

Betheny
02-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't assist to talk to a GM or staff member if I was P.O.'d, either. If I was on staff, I wouldn't want to deal with people that were in that irrationally angry stage, either.

Then again, I don't AFK script, or even really surf away from a script when I'm running it. The only scripts I ever use are travelling scripts and utility ones. Guild, too, if I'm playing a character involved in one.

Solution? Tile your screens while scripting and surfing.

Artha
02-16-2004, 12:23 PM
I hate having to hunt rats. Especially since, as a wizard, I'm going to be doing it for a day or two more (at level fucking 7).

I don't usually script past rats, but rats are just fine, imo.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I script rats on my empath like twice a week for two or three hunts. I hate low level characters, don't want to do it while AFK, and have a very short attention span.

HarmNone
02-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I like Mahegh. He should have cursed your items, put you in stocks, and let all the gm's spirit death you ten times putting you at -10k DR points.

You got caught, you should have just said, ok, you caught me. Sorry. And gone on with life.

Tayvin thinks Harmnone would think you did the crime now do the time.

Heh. Tayvin is right on the money!

It is no secret that AFK script hunting is against policy. It is your choice as to whether you break that policy, or not. If you choose to hunt while AFK, you should be prepared to accept the consequences if you are caught.

When you make a choice, be man/woman enough to stand up to the results of that choice. To lie about it is just childish. That is where I see the problem. :)

HarmNone

Reyek
02-16-2004, 04:56 PM
AFK scripting is for losers! heh j/k

Kia
02-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

-TheE-

I would wager that there are GMs that got warnings before they were GMs. Its not a felony, its a mistake. The world gets over it :P

KIA.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Kia

Originally posted by TheEschaton

-TheE-

I would wager that there are GMs that got warnings before they were GMs. Its not a felony, its a mistake. The world gets over it :P

KIA.

Wow, I could be a GM!

FinisWolf
02-25-2004, 06:38 AM
1) Jes a hint, run e-scape and add sounds to the GM's messaging, that'll bring ya back to the game screen, and then you can see whats happening.

2) I know a mentor that got busted fer scripthunting AFK <<NO! They would NEVER do something like that ::snicker:: >>

3) Reyek... Bah! I wun say no mer!

Galleazzo
02-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
It is no secret that AFK script hunting is against policy. It is your choice as to whether you break that policy, or not. If you choose to hunt while AFK, you should be prepared to accept the consequences if you are caught. When you make a choice, be man/woman enough to stand up to the results of that choice. To lie about it is just childish.

Never mind coming here to talk smack about being nailed. You expect sympathy? You're a lazy ass cheater, you should've nutted up and taken your medicine like a man.

:wasntme:

DeV
02-25-2004, 03:11 PM
I had a pretty cool GM assist that Ill post later on when I get home. Bottom line is this and I doubt he came here for sympathy, but if you do the crime....do the time. Or if your gonna lie about it, at least make it believable. I can see where youve never had a warning in 6 years and this being your first can be kinda irritating. I think you should just shrug it off..

Fengus
02-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Prolly just never got caught before eh? You went on for 6 years scripting without being caught and you got complacent.

Scripters piss me off, I report them and join them if I can and loot all their kills, stalk works as well. I am one of those ambush hunters and even with disks I've been poached tons of times, I especially like it when I just kill a critter and in walks the scripter and searches my kill. I like it because only a scripter would do something that stupid.

I would kill them but most times they are underhunting and can't be touched, and its hardly worth a blue crystal.

Bobmuhthol
02-25-2004, 09:34 PM
<<I especially like it when I just kill a critter and in walks the scripter and searches my kill. I like it because only a scripter would do something that stupid.>>

Only WICKED shitty scripts still do that.

Artha
02-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Occasionally that happens with Kranar's rat hunter, when it attacks a rat after moving, or the rat moves after being attacked, and the scripter has to manually move it. It searches the first dead rat. Usually, I just restart it in the nexus, though.

Latrinsorm
02-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Only WICKED shitty scripts still do that. Yah seriously, even with the crappy Wizard engine that's easily avoidable. Easily meaning the script is intended to do it if it does that. Kick those guy's asses, sure.

LordSagan
02-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Solution: Set your client to sent an audible sound when certain keywords come onto your screen. Set it to play a sound when the word "GameMaster" appears. When someone whispers to you. For the word "Consulation Lounge" and for the Scripting Limbo room name. And any other things which can occur when they are checking you for scripting. This way, if you are at the computer but out of window...you will still get the message, and can respond right away.

If you are actually AFK scripting, you get what you deserve. Admit they caught you, and move on with life. Don't make up some idiotic excuse and think they or anyone else will buy it.

Parkbandit
02-26-2004, 08:38 AM
I was going to say the same thing Sagan said. If you have to script.. and your attention is elsewhere, just put the word 'whispers' or 'SEND' into your highlights and attach a sound to it.

You can be on another web page and poof, you hear the "oh shit" sound.. and you can pop right back to the Wizard screen. When the GM asks you why you didn't respond to the other character earlier, tell the GM you roleplay someone who talks to no one.

Caiylania
02-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Can you attach sounds in SF? I don't script but it would be nice for when I'm afk and a friend is trying to talk to me.

Fengus
02-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
When the GM asks you why you didn't respond to the other character earlier, tell the GM you roleplay someone who talks to no one.

Don't say that, that's a really stupid lie, cause a nod or bow would do and chances are you haven't acknowledged the person at all.

And unless you get the dumbest GM ever I sure a quick search with your name only would find some speech.

Max Savage
03-05-2004, 07:29 AM
It's hard to respect someone who runs to the gods for a problem can handle on their own. If a person is messin you up, camping your corpse, or some stupid crap you can't hadle...Then go for it, no sense in not taking advantage of getting help in that sort of case. But doing it to spite someone? That's as f_cking childish as cheating (scripting in this case). Reminds me of kids who say, "I'm going to tell on you!"

You don't like a scripter searching your kills, GroupLoot On, till they go away. Yeah it sucks that you'd have to go out of your way to stop some moron from searching your kills but it's a lot quicker than putting in a report...You say, Well I shouldn't have to type GroupLoot On so if I am going to type, I might as well just put in the extra time to write a report and make sure this asshole doesn't search my kills anymore!. I say, wait till one of your friends suddenly stops visiting the lands because someone reported him and he was banned. Most of us have scripting friends whether we know it or not, doesn't mean their bad people who have nothing good to offer the game.

Don't care about them searching your kills but rather that they are getting away with being rewarded the same thing you're rewarded without putting in an ounce of the effort you put into your character? Kill their dumb ass, don't bother reporting. They die, lose a deed, script stops, and they log out of the game due to being idol or a ghost, risk the chance of rotting, and most of the time have no clue who killed them. The ones that do know who killed them shouldn't be stupid enough to start shit cause being killed is a hell of a lot better than being banned.

Kill their ass every time they are in that area, every night untill they leave that area or come to you to figure out whats going on...You tell them you don't want them scripting in an area that your hunting in, if they don't like that, THEN tell them you have no problem introducing a GM to their script next time they do it. Not like you don't know where they won't be hunting if they don't stop. If you do that, they won't be scripting anymore, and if they do...They deserve to be banned for being stupid, not scripting.

Can't kill them? Post here and I bet someone would be glad to run over and do it for you cause most of the people here don't like others being banned from the game unless they are Pudgee or Candor type rejects.

All I am saying is that it's obvious that scripters are lazy ass cheaters but it doesn't mean they don't have any good to offer the game when they are not scripting so don't be so quick to judge cause they stole 2 out of the 5000 critters you kill that week or 333 coins out of the 100k you loot that day.

And I'm not saying your a twit for using report but there is more than one way to skin a cat...

- Z

Galleazzo
03-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Look, guy. AFK scripting is against the rules. Only way you'd complain about something like that is you or a friend got pwned doing it. So don't frigging cheat is all.

Max Savage
03-06-2004, 07:37 AM
No, I complain about it because I have friends who do it...I'm not going to tell them to stop, it's not my place to do so...I'm not going to be happy about them being banned either. So don't friggin be a snitch is all.

LordSagan
03-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Brilliant idea genius...

Kill them, so you are in violation of the TOS and get in trouble, instead of the person scripting.

Please, keep doing this so you get banned and there is one less moron in the game.

Max Savage
03-08-2004, 04:30 AM
Yeah, call me a genius and then you tell me to keep doing something I clearly stated I don't do. I think someone who kills your critter and searches it, is opening up a morally justified consent to PvP...And I seriously doubt you'll get in trouble. That person would rather be dead than in limbo I am willing to bet...Was just an idea so don't take it to the heart, and I'm the moron.

FinisWolf
03-08-2004, 05:23 AM
You don't even have to kill them, sleep them, bind them, e-wave them, whatever works..., and let the critters do it for you. I was in the trench in Mule once and some jerk kept coming in and picking up all my loot and searching my kills, I say "Hey! Dimwit, I am standing right here." He doesn't respond. I try 3 more times, no response. "Ok." ::shrug:: Tackle jerk, Skeletal Ice troll hacks jerk to bits. No PvP, he was just a moroon.

Finiswolf

Frostravin
03-24-2004, 09:03 AM
Just watch your scripts damn it. Its funny ive been whispered to about 6 times from TMs checking on me for script hunting afk.. Not once have i afk hunted. I just choose not to respond to people that whine about me taking there kills... One word for all the whiners "DISK"

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 12:22 PM
You poach my kills and don't feel like you got to respond to me asking you to stop, I don't feel like warning you I'm about to pwn your ass.

Reyek
03-24-2004, 01:22 PM
I agree with frost, if your not gonna use a disk if your ambushig like he describes. then you should get upset when someone takes your kills. Make your presence known ASAP. or get it taken.

Latrinsorm
03-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
I agree with frost, if your not gonna use a disk if your ambushig like he describes. then you should get upset when someone takes your kills. Make your presence known ASAP. or get it taken. The "get a disk" strategy works great until you hunt in some ungodly place like Zul Logoth or some other backwoods place where you can't just waltz into the park and go "Disk plz!!1" and get one. Really, it doesn't hurt to say "Sorry for poaching, not a lot we can do to stop it, here take the loot" and then you won't find yourself taking a dirt nap.

Atlanteax
03-24-2004, 01:49 PM
You deserved the Warning.

I just hope that the GMs make a bigger issue of it the next time you're caught.

Just remember folks, if you kill the Scripters or enable the Critters to kill them.... you make it that much harder for the GMs to gain stronger proof that the person IS scripting.

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Fuck that, this past summer I saw a guy AFK scripting in my area for WEEKS and the GMs didn't do shit. So I did. Left him for the critters to eat.

Fengus
03-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Max Savage
It's hard to respect someone who runs to the gods for a problem can handle on their own.

And I'm not saying your a twit for using report but there is more than one way to skin a cat...

- Z

REPORT exists for a reason, kill a scripter he is dead for a day, report a scripter and he is dead for a lifetime.

I believe there are cases when PvP or in character solutions exist but killing the dope only removes em from the game preventing the GMs from seeing if he is afk scripting.

I've done what you stated and it only caused me more problems and hassle down the road. And this one guy in turn contacted another and another, next thing I know some high level idiot murders a friend of mine and another fool trys to sleep me every time he sees me, that one died of course, but he continued this for some time.

It should be clear that an AFK scripter doesn't respect the land, the rules, themselves or others, so with that in mind they will not *learn* anything from you killing them.

100% Wool
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Sometimes the god's dont give 2 fucks when you report

I reported for 3 days straight on the same guy AFK hunting
I took matters into my own hands and killed him every chance I got

Latrinsorm
03-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 100% Wool
Sometimes the god's dont give 2 fucks when you report

I reported for 3 days straight on the same guy AFK hunting
I took matters into my own hands and killed him every chance I got (GM'S AREN'T GODS) Or it could be that they checked he wasn't AFK scripting. Maybe he was just RP-ing a jerk and didn't feel like talking to you.

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Then his body should have said "WTF you doin?"

I've had chats with people over AFK scripter corpses wondering when they'd notice they were dead.

Silverona
03-25-2004, 10:32 AM
OK, I feel like an ideot now for doing this, but gonna post it and see what you all say. Silverona does not get into PvP stuff, and she doesn't like to kill people at all, but this guy was an anoyance and he afk scripts ALL THE TIME. Everyone who hunts Kiramon (slow generating critters by the way) knows he's an afk script hunter, and I've reported him like four times with nothing done so far. I know at least one other girl there has reported him too.

So, I was kinda bored last night and started dragging him all around after he killed and searched a critter of mine that moved rooms and didn't respond when I talked to him. So, after getting bored dragging him around and him not waking up, I decided to see how many implodes it would take to kill him, he's an older char... heh, I feel bad about it now though, don't like killing people, but turned out he was awake, or the killing him woke him up, not sure, and I'm rambling...

You gesture at Ryku.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Ryku!
Blood spurts out of every pore and orifice in Ryku's body!
+55 Hits.

* Ryku drops dead at your feet!

The powerful look leaves Ryku.
The air about Ryku stops shimmering.
The very powerful look leaves Ryku.
The white light leaves Ryku.
Ryku seems to lose some dexterity.
Ryku seems to lose some internal strength.
The light blue glow leaves Ryku.
Ryku returns to normal color.
Ryku seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The deep blue glow leaves Ryku.

Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
* Ryku just bit the dust!
>
The storm subsides and the air is calm again.
>l
>
[Seethe Naedal, Crags]
Finding your footing along this path is made difficult by the shadows moving across the area. Loose rocks and earth further hinder efforts to climb further up the path. Moonlight illuminates the silvery mist into which the path ascends. Below, the rocky trail follows the mountain pass. You also see a rocky cliff face.
Also here: the body of Ryku who is lying down
Obvious paths: north, down
>n
>
You grab Ryku and try to drag him, but he is too heavy.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
* Emelyn joins the adventure.
>
The ghostly voice of Ryku coldly says, "Big mistake."
>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Naseer.
>
* Kamerie just bit the dust!
>
* Brillat just bit the dust!
>
The ghostly voice of Ryku coldly says, "Take her."
>drag stop
Naseer raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
>
Naseer gestures at Ryku.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Ryku, then fades into the body.

When I saw he had help I went back to town and went to sleep, didn't wanna get into mellodrama with them. I know, I was a big dummy here

Galleazzo
03-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Ryku is STILL FUCKING AFK hunting in kiramon? He was doing that frigging SEVEN MONTHS AGO. I noticed going after deaders in there and reported it.

Edaarin
03-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Silverona
You gesture at Ryku.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Ryku!
Blood spurts out of every pore and orifice in Ryku's body!

>
The ghostly voice of Ryku coldly says, "Take her."

Nice messaging. And the thing at the end was icing on the cake, what a tool.

Silverona
03-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah, he afk hunts there 24/7 you'd think they'd do something about it

Heh, it was kinda fun to sit there and experiment with spells on him, although I feel kinda bad now for killing him. Now I'll have him chasing after Silver though, that'll be anoying, oh well

Galleazzo
03-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Oh, hey, I'll frigging serve him if he does, howzabout that?

Silverona
03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Serve him? What do you mean?

Frostravin
03-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Ryku is in that area less per day then I am. And not once has a kill of mine been stolen. hmm wierd heh ive taken a few kills but as i stated before if you dont have a disk and hiding im killing.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Serve him? What do you mean?

Example:
You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Bone Shatter...
Your spell is ready.
>cbone klaive
You channel at Klaive.
You concentrate intently on Klaive, a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward Klaive!
CS: +234 - TD: +208 + CvA: +12 + d100: +74 - -5 == +117
Warding failed!
Klaive shudders with moderate convulsions as pearlescent ripples envelop his body.
Klaive is smashed for 29 points of damage!

* Klaive drops dead at your feet!

Klaive glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Klaive.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Klaive.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves Klaive.
The bright luminescence fades from around Klaive.

A nearby townsman hurries off screaming, "Tayre has committed murder!"

KLAIVE GOT SERVED

Silverona
03-25-2004, 01:11 PM
::chuckle:: Ah, got ya, so you're Tayre's player? Come to EN and hunt with Kadumi and I! And protect my stupid butt from this guy, I keep getting located when I sign in, so I'm waiting for Kad to hunt with me, I don't feel like dealing with him. I know, I'm a coward

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-25-2004, 01:13 PM
No no, I"m not Tayre, that was a log he posted.

I'm Tayvin :)

Silverona
03-25-2004, 01:29 PM
:) Well, hello then

Fengus
03-25-2004, 03:17 PM
People that say 'got served' are tools, think up something original like tool, tool.

Galleazzo
03-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Ryku's script doesn't steal kills that I saw. He just goes through an area 5 times before you get 3 swings off, he never responds or reacts. I figured out he was AFK scripting when the PC I was following around ran into an area, swung at a kiramon Ryku was already on, tried to apologize, and Ryku ran right off. It happened TWICE in two days. So I experimented and swung at Ryku's critters and every time the moment you swung he ran off.

Silverona
03-25-2004, 05:12 PM
He doesn't steal kills that are in your room, he steals the ones that leave your room and when you say hey, I'm chasting that... he doesn't respond obviously.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Fengus
People that say 'got served' are tools, think up something original like tool, tool.

LMAO. This again?

No.

^ YOU GOT SERVED, (just for you!) TOOL.

Bobmuhthol
03-25-2004, 05:19 PM
<<People that say 'got served' are tools, think up something original like tool, tool.>>

lolz. I was on the dominating team in a basketball game yesterday and was all, "You suckas got served."

The best player, who was on the losing team, happens to be the youngest and tallest of us all. He proceeded to tackle me when I tried blocking him.

I am no tool. You got served.

Fengus
03-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I am no tool. You got served.

Yeah I've got served thousands of times both after and before I turned 21. New slang that uses terms that are already used in slang are stupid and die quickly don't get caught being the last tard saying it or they will find you out and realize you aren't cool at all. Nerd.

peam
03-26-2004, 03:05 PM
It's painfully obvious you're a programmer.

Ryku
03-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Heh, well what can i say? Ya im an AFK scripter, i know everyone knows it, you'd have to be a real fucking retard not to notice if ya really payed attention. But thats alright. Ya i know people hate scripters, especially AFK ones, but i've tried to make my script as friendly to other people as possible, i just want to do my thing and not bother or have to deal with anyone, but i'm not going to stop if i dont have to. Ya i have to deal with a lot of people fucking with me all the time, ya Silverona here, Emelyn, but they're about it now days. I'm not a bad guy, im just a cheater and naturally people dont like that. So i guess all i can do is react to what others do to me when they do it, like Silverona killing me back there and call it good. I was watching the whole thing just waiting for you to make the first kill, and you did, so i guess its on. I know why you did what you did, and i'm sorry for upsetting you, but i'm still pissed off and im gunna be on your ass like a hobo on a ham sandwich!

:smilegrin:

J-Tech
03-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Dr. Groove, get on aim. :D

J.T.

J-Tech
03-27-2004, 05:52 PM
I'd like to note, as Sergey once said to me, If the critter leaves the room, it's no longer youres. Get over it, move on, his script does not poach, so stop your fuckin bitching.

J.T.

100% Wool
03-27-2004, 06:52 PM
just curious, has anyone ever gotten banned from scripting?
I've got caught twice on my free account
the first time some ass told on me
the second time....i think is cause i'm on the GM watch out list
assholes are out to get me I swear its a conspiracy

anyway,has anyone ever been banned due to scripting?
I've gotten my second warning already

Ryku
03-27-2004, 06:55 PM
well my buddy just recently quit gemstone all together cuz on his second warning they locked him up and up him like 46th on the gm referal queue so he was like "fuck you all and fuck this shit, i'm not paying money for this shit"! It sucks that he's gone but oh well, thats just the way he is. But he never was officially banned tho....

J-Tech
03-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I've ALMOST had an account lockout for scripting, but i do know of a couple that have had like 30 day bans for scripting....

J.T.

HarmNone
03-27-2004, 07:14 PM
It has happened, yes. While I do not play anymore, I doubt things have changed all THAT much. If you have already been warned twice for AFK scripting, I would strongly suggest you STOP AFK scripting. If the GMs get the idea that warning you not to break policy is not enough, they will easily reach the conclusion that a little "time out" might accomplish the purpose.

HarmNone

J-Tech
03-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
It has happened, yes. While I do not play anymore, I doubt things have changed all THAT much. If you have already been warned twice for AFK scripting, I would strongly suggest you STOP AFK scripting. If the GMs get the idea that warning you not to break policy is not enough, they will easily reach the conclusion that a little "time out" might accomplish the purpose.

HarmNone

That or:

A) Learn how to write better scripts

B) Stop using distributed scripts that the whole world uses and learn to write your own, and make sure you follow guideline A too.

C) Don't script in common scripter areas. Like the giant rats passed the grate in landing.

J.T.

HarmNone
03-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Hee! Hey, John? Were you using one of the fool-proof, uber-scripts when you ALMOST got locked out for AFK scripting? ;)

HarmNone sneaks off, giggling quietly to herself

Fengus
03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Someone should script a trashman, I doubt anyone would report you, they would most likely think you are retarded and a n00b so they wouldn't bother ya.

Skirmisher
03-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Ryku, don't afk script, or don't bitch if people mess you up to stop your afk scripting.

You dont get the right to do both cause if you get in conflicts over it and assists get made, you can be sure you will be watched and thats how warnings and bans come to be.

Suck it up.

AnticorRifling
03-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I think he said it was a friend that went on the rant about being locked out.

100wool just because they catch YOU doing something wrong doesn't make them assholes. Do the crime do the time. I hate hearing people bitch about some authority; cop, GM, judge, whatever, when they are the ones that decided to go agaist the rules/law. God forib you ever take responsibility for your actions. And while I know that you were probably joking in your post it's just something that I see alot of and you shouldn't feel it's directed towards you, unless you are serious in calling them assholes because you were afk scripting of course.

Galleazzo
03-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Yeah, no shit.

All I can say, Ryku, is if that's how you work, I'm gonna fucking see you dead every time I see you logged in and I visit kiramon to find you AFK scripting. Either stop fucking doing it or start fucking dying. Lazy cheating piece of shit.

:flamed:

Ryku
03-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Yeah, no shit.

All I can say, Ryku, is if that's how you work, I'm gonna fucking see you dead every time I see you logged in and I visit kiramon to find you AFK scripting. Either stop fucking doing it or start fucking dying. Lazy cheating piece of shit.

:flamed:

I do what i want! :lol:

Honestly tho i just don't understand how some people get so upset over a text based online pc game... :?:

Skirmisher
03-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Ryku

Honestly tho i just don't understand how some people get so upset over a text based online pc game... :?:

Good comeback. Well actually, it isn't. It's the response of someone with no good argument to back his case.

When losing fall back on "why would anyone care as its just a text game" avoidance manuever.

Of course the same question can be turned around and asked to you why you would care someone intercepts your character since its just a text based rpg anyway, right?

Ryku
03-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Good comeback. Well actually, it isn't. It's the response of someone with no good argument to back his case.

When losing fall back on "why would anyone care as its just a text game" avoidance manuever.

Of course the same question can be turned around and asked to you why you would care someone intercepts your character since its just a text based rpg anyway, right?

Didn't know we were having a "battle". But still, i really dont recall ever posting a "why is everyone fucking with me!?" post do you? :whistle:

Ryku
03-28-2004, 05:12 AM
I mean seriously tho, look at Galleazzo over here, he's honest to god ANGRY! I sure hope he doesn't go beat his kids or something to take out his anger i've obviously created for him...

Skirmisher
03-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Didn't know we were having a "battle". But still, i really dont recall ever posting a "why is everyone fucking with me!?" post do you? :whistle:

I never said you asked why. I said why should you be upset at all if as you say its just a text rpg.
:?:

I know why you did what you did, and i'm sorry for upsetting you, but i'm still pissed off and im gunna be on your ass like a hobo on a ham sandwich!

If you don't care, why are you pissed?

Ryku
03-28-2004, 07:51 AM

I never said you asked why. I said why should you be upset at all if as you say its just a text rpg.
:?:

I know why you did what you did, and i'm sorry for upsetting you, but i'm still pissed off and im gunna be on your ass like a hobo on a ham sandwich!

If you don't care, why are you pissed?

Not trying to be nit-picky or anything mate....but since when don't i care, and what exactly don't I care about? I'm sorry, i don't mean to be rude but please, if you're going to play this dialectic game of cards, play it right. better yet just don't play it at all.

Makkah
03-28-2004, 09:01 AM
<< I was watching the whole thing just waiting for you to make the first kill, and you did, so i guess its on.>>

Do you have any idea how much of a loser that makes you?

Hypocrisy kills. Crack saves.

rht

Silverona
03-28-2004, 09:53 AM
<I was watching the whole thing just waiting for you to make the first kill, and you did, so i guess its on. I know why you did what you did, and i'm sorry for upsetting you, but i'm still pissed off and im gunna be on your ass like a hobo on a ham sandwich!>

Hehe, if it upset you then I'd say that's good, maybe you should stop afk scripting :bleh: Don't try to start stuff with silver over it, she kills undead, not players, but she'll consider an afk scripting player undead ;)

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Some people have lives, and have important things to do but still want to have the kicks other people get to have who work less go to school less and just have a simpiler life schedule then others. I hunt kiramon and i noticed ryku out there script hunting, he poached a few of my kills, which i care less about. But he did it to a friend of mine and got killed for it. then my friend talked to him and I fully understand why he afk script hunts. And it isnt like he does it more then a few hours a day anyways. Yes its not right but sometimes you cant help it. He finds it fun so be it. If he gets killed over it so be it. you choose to kill him expect some sort of resentment. All of you sound like your teenagers.

Sean
03-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Frostravin
Yes its not right but sometimes you cant help it.

Yes you can. Don't do it, it's that simple. GS isn't a race to level 100 not getting a few hours of hunting everyday wont kill you.

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by Tijay]

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 11:18 AM
with the crazy amount of time it takes to train these days it gets kinda frustrating.
But he does have a choice you are right. And he chooses to enjoy the game a different way then others do. He responds to me within a matter of minutes and thats good enough for me. It is just a game. and a lot of these people get a little over worked about things.

Skirmisher
03-28-2004, 11:20 AM
I chose to enjoy driving my car at 90+ mph.

Those darned uptight cops don't go for that either. I told em about the crazy amount of time it takes for me to get to work and everything.

Bastards.

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by Skirmisher]

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 11:22 AM
I do that to but no cops say anything :) And thats not a game lol

Sean
03-28-2004, 11:25 AM
So what your saying is its frustrating for you the player to take longer to level but its not okay for another player to be frustrated by your scripting? Seems a bit off. If we complain about afk scripting were getting worked up over a game. But if you afk script because your frustrated over the way the games setup its okay...

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 11:32 AM
just cause i say its frustrating, doesnt mean im goin to bitch up a storm about it lol Oh and FYI I never afk script im just trying to get a point across that some people want to enjoy the game. but they have to do certain things cause there life is complex and makes it hard to enjoy something. These people act like there arent enough critters in the game. they have to find something to argue about. But oh well thats society always something to argue about.

Edaarin
03-28-2004, 11:34 AM
I want to have all the enjoyment that millionaires have, therefore it's okay for me to take illegal shortcuts and rob a bank. :shrug:

Your logic sucks. Put the work in or go here for your power-highs.

www.progressquest.com

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 11:36 AM
It is a game. You are speaking of real life situations. It is quite different. Im done posting cause like i stated a moment ago society loves to argue

Skirmisher
03-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Or........ maybe you are going to stop because your position does not have a leg to stand on.

Silverona
03-28-2004, 11:40 AM
You seem nice enough Frostravin, but your logic doesn't really make sense. If all of it's not that big a deal, then stop defending it so much ;) And by the way, I was never angry at Ryku, it was just a Nuisance, I don't like afk script hunters on principle, and I was getting bored and about to go to bed, hehe.

Bobmuhthol
03-28-2004, 11:41 AM
<<www.progressquest.com>>

http://www.progressquest.com/search.php?name=Bobmuhthol
http://www.progressquest.com/search.php?name=Bobmuhthol2

Three characters, level 67 each, currently running.
Ranks: 2917, 2497, 2546.

Edaarin
03-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Okay...forget real life...just consider this...

To get to level 70, it required roughly 4500000 experience. Now, do you think it's fair that someone had to sit there for at LEAST 2500 hours just non stop hunting to be at the same level for another person to just press two keys and leave their computer on over night for a few months?

EDIT: That number really depressed me. There's at least 100 full days of my life I'm never getting back :(

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by Edaarin]

Sean
03-28-2004, 11:43 AM
The game has rules for a reason. Breaking those rules takes away from the enjoyment of others and causes frustration. Thats why the rules are there. That and the game isn't mechanically meant to support a bunch of zombie scripters. Using your logic its okay to break those rules if your frustrated with them and somehow thats better than us venting our frustrations about that. I fail to see how breaking the rules is somehow makes you a better person than those who complain about it.

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Twisting my words. Ok once again i dont afk script so im done talking about it. I just wanted people to understand that there are reasons behind peoples madness. I dont agree that afk scripting is good. Trust me ive prolly killed more afk scripters then most. cause its fun heh Everyone has a choice. In this case i choose not to pay attention to afk scripters or people that whine cause i took there kill. But going as far as snitching on em cause they took a few of your kills. truly what does that hurt?? not a darn thing. continue with life dont let the small things bug you bottom line. I got a few pps out there that hate me cause they think i AFK script when i just choose to ignore em. Bottom line yes i agree afk scripting is wack but if they choose to do it why go out of your way to be annoyed by it? Oh back to the subject at hand. My buddy was accused of afk scripting the other night but he wasnt he had just scrolled the screen up to see what a crit looked like lol wacksauce yo

Latrinsorm
03-28-2004, 12:58 PM
maybe you should stop afk scriptingThere's no maybe about it.
And he chooses to enjoy the game a different way then others do.So I can kill him everytime I see him, if I enjoy it? Don't sweat the small stuff, right? It'll only take maybe a half hour to get back to where he was before, depending on how far I drag him into the boonies.
My buddy was accused of afk scripting the other night but he wasnt he had just scrolled the screen up to see what a crit looked like lol wacksauce yoHint: Shift-Esc pauses the script. You can scroll all over Dixie (if you were in Dixie) and there'd be no problem. Hint #2: Logs are your friends.

Edaarin
03-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Twisting my words. Ok once again i dont afk script so im done talking about it. I just wanted people to understand that there are reasons behind peoples madness. I dont agree that afk scripting is good. Trust me ive prolly killed more afk scripters then most. cause its fun heh Everyone has a choice. In this case i choose not to pay attention to afk scripters or people that whine cause i took there kill. But going as far as snitching on em cause they took a few of your kills. truly what does that hurt?? not a darn thing. continue with life dont let the small things bug you bottom line. I got a few pps out there that hate me cause they think i AFK script when i just choose to ignore em. Bottom line yes i agree afk scripting is wack but if they choose to do it why go out of your way to be annoyed by it? Oh back to the subject at hand. My buddy was accused of afk scripting the other night but he wasnt he had just scrolled the screen up to see what a crit looked like lol wacksauce yo

Stay in school kids....

Sean
03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
continue with life dont let the small things bug you bottom line.

You mean like taking along time to level in a game to the point where you have to cheat the system?

But anyway I'm not accusing you of AFK scripting I'm just pointing out why I think there is no actual justification for AFK scripting.

Frostravin
03-28-2004, 01:09 PM
scripting isnt cheating the scripting, if that was the case then scripting wouldnt be aloud

Sean
03-28-2004, 01:10 PM
AFK scripting is.

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by Tijay]

HarmNone
03-28-2004, 01:32 PM
scripting isnt cheating the scripting, if that was the case then scripting wouldnt be aloud

I do not think anyone here has expressed having an issue with scripting, in and of itself. Scripting is not against policy. Scripting WHILE AFK is against policy. If a player is caught scripting while not at the keyboard, or not paying attention to the game for more than a minute or so, that player is in violation of policy and can be nabbed by the GMs for a "discussion". If that player continues to AFK script AFTER said discussion, that player runs the risk of being given a forced vacation.

It is as simple as that.

HarmNone, into simplicity

J-Tech
03-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Wheres that damn "Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you wind you're still retarded." picture at?

J.T.

Miss X
03-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Forget all the whining, the basic point is: AFK scripting is against policy in Gemstone 4. If you don't like it, find a game with rules that suit you. The policy is there for a reason, deal with it.

The bit I don't get is why people feel like they HAVE to gain levels so quickly, I mean personally I don't treat someone who is level 15 any different to someone who is 100. They get no more or less respect, I honestly don't give a shit. Like someone else said, its not a race to the cap.

Moral of the story? Don't be an idiot and script AFK. Go to AFK scripters anonymous! Self control is all it takes, you can do it! /end sarcasm.

Fengus
03-28-2004, 02:02 PM
It is a game. You are speaking of real life situations. It is quite different. Im done posting cause like i stated a moment ago society loves to argue

Society also likes to care for and sustain its retarded and idiot population, thus the above.

People afk script because they want to gain levels but do not want to spend the time and effort to do so. The bank analogy was a good one because a bank robber has the same mentality, why *work* for a living or earn your money when you can steal it from others. The analogy is sound, and there is no problem with the comparison between RL and a game, the other players in this game are real people that exist in RL and have the same complex life as any one else.

ogurty
03-28-2004, 08:06 PM
to play devil's advocate..

if afk scripters are significantly altering your ability to hunt by taking critters you're killing, then the argument to report them holds up. the argument that afk scripting is stealing something on the ethical level of someone's financial livelihood (bank robber example) is still sort of ridiculous.

however, i believe that the majority of afk scripters do not steal anything from you, except on a comparative level. it's like being pissed off because the family across the street from you just bought an suv so now your suv isn't so cool anymore. empirically, if every player in the game except you were an afk scripter, you'd be at the exact same level of advancement as where you are now, notwithstanding the few with shitty scripts who steal your kills.

Latrinsorm
03-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ogurty
it's like being pissed off because the family across the street from you just bought an suv so now your suv isn't so cool anymore.It's more like being pissed off because the family across the street is a family of catburglars. They steal from everyone, and that's how they afford their SUV. If I work in a steel mill 15 hours a day, you better believe I'll be pissed.

AFK scripting is illegal. So is burglary.

ogurty
03-28-2004, 10:39 PM
i just don't see afk scripting as being akin to burglary in any way. afk scripers pay their 12.95 a month just like you. if you're going to compare it to something illegal in an online game to something illegal irl.

a better analogy is being pissed off at a private investor who makes 7 times as much as the guy in the steel mill and works 5 hours a week. the afk scripter, doing very little work, has the same or better advantages than you.

Artha
03-28-2004, 10:44 PM
It's like hacking in CS. Against the rules and stupid. The end.

Latrinsorm
03-28-2004, 10:49 PM
if you're going to compare it to something illegal in an online game to something illegal irl.
Originally posted by me
AFK scripting is illegal.I could say it for a third time if you'd like.

ogurty
03-28-2004, 10:59 PM
gee, i love arguing with folks like you.

burglary will get you prosecuted in a publicly funded court. afk scripting may prevent you from playing an online game. they are not similar.

go ahead and say it a third time, it will be just as meaningless.

Sean
03-28-2004, 11:40 PM
the afk scripter, doing very little work, has the same or better advantages than you.

Right OR BETTER. I shouldn't be punished because I have a sense of moral value.

Skirmisher
03-28-2004, 11:48 PM
i just don't see afk scripting as being akin to burglary in any way. afk scripers pay their 12.95 a month just like you. if you're going to compare it to something illegal in an online game to something illegal irl.

a better analogy is being pissed off at a private investor who makes 7 times as much as the guy in the steel mill and works 5 hours a week. the afk scripter, doing very little work, has the same or better advantages than you.

Thats an incorrect analogy.

If the guy used INSIDER trading then it would be a correct analogy.

Galleazzo
03-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Some people have lives, and have important things to do but still want to have the kicks other people get to have who work less go to school less and just have a simpiler life schedule then others.
Boo fucking hoo. Yeah, his time is SO much more important than hours. What the fuck is he doing with it, working in a soup kitchen or holding down two jobs to support his crippled grandmother?

He's an asshat. So are you.

FinisWolf
03-29-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo

Some people have lives, and have important things to do but still want to have the kicks other people get to have who work less go to school less and just have a simpiler life schedule then others.
Boo fucking hoo. Yeah, his time is SO much more important than hours. What the fuck is he doing with it, working in a soup kitchen or holding down two jobs to support his crippled grandmother?

He's an asshat. So are you.

^ I have to agree...

<-- works, school, so what...

If I get popped fer scripting, thats my problem. And I sure as hell won't cry about it like a little bitch.

Finiswolf

Latrinsorm
03-29-2004, 10:53 AM
gee, i love arguing with folks like you.

burglary will get you prosecuted in a publicly funded court. afk scripting may prevent you from playing an online game. they are not similar.In terms of the game, policy is law. AFK scripting is against policy, thus it is illegal. I never said AFK scripting is exactly the same as burglary.

Galleazzo
03-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah. A lot of us work or go to school or got other things to do.

Pisses me the fuck off when rimjobs like that think their time is so frigging much more important than ours. The idjits who cut you off in a bank line because THEY got things to do.

Fengus
03-29-2004, 02:09 PM

Thats not a better analogy thats a stupid analogy as with your SUV analogy. These are invalid because the point we are talking about is *how* the *something* is earned not what the something is, dope.

In both your analogies hard work on the part of the person doing better can explain the situation. Using a bot to hunt for you is not hard work, its using the power of computers to do the work for you. This is not a game for bots or for bot competetion, no one plays this game so they can talk to scripts that don't interact.

ogurty
03-29-2004, 04:17 PM
umm..the whole point of my analogy is sometimes you don't get rewarded more for working harder. stick with the personal attacks though, they reinforce your arguments admirably.

anyway, i'm not trying to defend afk scripting. all i was trying to do is explain that bank robbery is not similar to afk scripting.

Skirmisher
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
umm..the whole point of my analogy is sometimes you don't get rewarded more for working harder. stick with the personal attacks though, they reinforce your arguments admirably.

anyway, i'm not trying to defend afk scripting. all i was trying to do is explain that bank robbery is not similar to afk scripting.

Excellent strategy on your part to not address all the posts that are in fact NOT insulting but instead simply pointing out gaping flaws in your argument.

You have a career ahead of you in political spin doctoring.

Galleazzo
03-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah, right, of course you're not defending AFK scripting. You do it all the time, I bet, so you can keep your hands free for other things. Tool.

ogurty
03-29-2004, 05:41 PM
:yawn: fine.

Thats an incorrect analogy.

If the guy used INSIDER trading then it would be a correct analogy.

i agree to a point, however, you're running on negative connotations rather than impartial logic. furthermore, everyone who wants to can afk script; not everyone has access to insider tips. anyway, my analogy is only meant to point out the COMPARATIVE nature of your qualms.

the bottom line is, unless afk scripters are actively disrupting your gaming experience, your only qualm with them involves your desire for gs levels to be equivalent to the blood, sweat, and tears put into them. afk scripters STEAL nothing from you, you merely want to be better than they are. i'm not saying that this is bad - it's certainly linked with theories of rights and justice. most would argue that you do, in fact, deserve a better character than afk scripters. am i coming through at all?

ps latrinstorm puts the egg before the chicken and galleazzo evidently has nothing of merit to say. sounds like a shitty bluegrass song.

Latrinsorm
03-29-2004, 06:30 PM
you merely want to be better than they are.Actually I want people to follow the same rules I do. If I wanted to be better than them, I would encourage them to break rules while I didn't.
ps latrinstorm puts the egg before the chicken The egg did come before the chicken, thx. :D There's only one T in Latrinsorm, but don't worry, I'm pretty sure every person everywhere has misspelled it at least once.

ogurty
03-29-2004, 10:01 PM
so sorry, i'm too used to people using assinine compound words for gs character names.

most people thing this handle is some reference to a late grandmother or something. (o gurty!) ;)

Fengus
03-30-2004, 01:09 AM

What argument? You have to raise valid points for it to be considered an argument. All you are doing is annoying everyone here with your bad grammar.

all i was trying to do is explain that bank robbery is not similar to afk scripting.

Well you failed at that point. It is similar, because the intent is the same in each case, get the "something" without putting in the time or effort to earn it by playing by the same rules as everyone else. Its fine if you want to cheat the system I could care less, but don't expect any sympathy from anyone when your ass is banned. Thats the second point here, cheat all you want, but don't go crying about it when you get caught.

Also you'll get less than no sympathy when you parade around like you are some fucking important person that doesn't have the time the rest of us do.

And calling you an ass at this point is not a personal attack, its a personality classification, ass.

Edaarin
03-30-2004, 01:26 AM
so sorry, i'm too used to people using assinine compound words for gs character names.

Sorry buddy, throwing big words around only works to impress people if you spell them right...and capitalization helps with presentation.

AnticorRifling
03-30-2004, 07:19 AM
In honor of Tayre, Bob, and Artha....

PWND!!11

Galleazzo
03-30-2004, 12:14 PM
I dunno. Sorta like taking out a mosquito with a block of granite.

ogurty
03-30-2004, 03:44 PM
:lol:
now my grammar and spelling are the problems. sure, later kids.

ogurty
03-30-2004, 03:45 PM
ps, fengus, i don't understand your post. i don't afk script so none of that applies to me.