PDA

View Full Version : Official: Dark Elf Verbs Released

Fallen
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Dark elves now have access to alternative SMIRK, POINT, RAISE, and STARE verbs.

For every new verb option that you want to use, you will need to do:

[that verb] SET Dark-Elven

So for example, "RAISE SET Dark-Elven" will set your alternative option for the raise verb.

A quick note about RAISE once it is set - you will need to use the format [raise eye yourname] or [raise eye othercharactername] to get the new messaging.

Enjoy!

~Galene

This message was originally posted in Races of Elanthia, Dark Elves. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=10&topic=5&message=1829 (https://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=10&topic=5&message=1829)

ElvenFury
04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah, because you guys should really be encouraged to smirk more.

CrystalTears
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, because you guys should really be encouraged to smirk more.
INORITE?!

Some Rogue
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
/smirk

radamanthys
04-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Messaging?

<stare>

Fallen
04-03-2009, 03:10 PM
If you're not a halfling warrior who worships Zelia and thinks he is a reincarnated Massive Troll King...well, you're just not roleplaying.

NocturnalRob
04-03-2009, 03:15 PM
SMIRK doesn't work

edit: nevermind. i'm wearing a mask.

and i'm dumb.

ElvenFury
04-03-2009, 03:19 PM
If you're not a halfling warrior who worships Zelia and thinks he is a reincarnated Massive Troll King...well, you're just not roleplaying.

Thank you for my next character idea. Do you mind if he follows Evarin around?

radamanthys
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Evarin will eat him.

ElvenFury
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
But how will he smirk when his mouth is full of halfling?!

radamanthys
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Messily.

LadyLaphrael
04-03-2009, 03:25 PM
All these new options are about a million times better than "Sylvancharacter stares erotically at you while tuning into your tantric core, causing his/her ear to orgasm."

ElvenFury
04-03-2009, 03:26 PM
All these new options are about a million times better than "Sylvancharacter stares erotically at you while tuning into your tantric core, causing his/her ear to orgasm."

If someone would actually post the messaging, I'd probably agree with you. Although I have a hard time imagining any verbs worse than those Sylvan ones.

LadyLaphrael
04-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Verb information for verb "STARE":

People targets:
DARK ELVEN - You shoot (target) a prolonged stare, doing your best to unnerve him/her.

Self target:
DARK ELVEN - You turn your head slightly to the side and stare purposefully off into the distance.

Object targets:
DARK ELVEN - You stare intently at the (target), silently noting its position and potential uses.

Creature targets:
DARK ELVEN - You stare incredulously at (target), wondering how it has been allowed to remotely
be in your presence.

Verb information for verb "POINT":

People targets:
DARK ELF - You purse your lips at (target), your face contorting with a disdainful point.

Self target:
DARK ELF - You find you are exceedingly pleased with yourself.

Object targets:
DARK ELF - Noting the shoddy workmanship of (target), you turn away with a condescending point.

Creature targets:
DARK ELF - You regard (target) with a subtle point in a gesture of profound condescension.

Verb information for verb "RAISE":

People targets:
EYEBROW
DARK ELF - You arch one eyebrow at (target) in an expression of sardonic amusement.

Self target:
EYEBROW
DARK ELF - You arch a skeptical eyebrow, pondering whether your amusement with the world outweighs

Verb information for verb "SMIRK":

People targets:
DARK ELF - You purse your lips at (target), your face contorting with a disdainful smirk.

Self target:
DARK ELF - You purse your lips in disapproval.

Object targets:
DARK ELF - Noting the shoddy workmanship of (target), you turn away with a condescending smirk.

Creature targets:
DARK ELF - You regard (target) with a subtle smirk in a gesture of profound condescension.

No target:
DARK ELF - You smirk as a haughty expression flits across your face.

Fallen
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I like a few of those. Good stuff.

Fallen
04-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Object targets:
DARK ELF - Noting the shoddy workmanship of (target), you turn away with a condescending point.

That doesn't make any sense.

Rimalon
04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
SMIRK

1st person:

>smirk gnimble
You purse your lips at Gnimble, your face contorting with a disdainful smirk.

>smirk barr
Noting the shoddy workmanship of an ivy-covered iron barrel, you turn away with a condescending smirk.

>smirk
You smirk as a haughty expression flits across your face.

>smirk rima
You purse your lips in disapproval.

3rd person:

Rimalon curls his lip at Gnimble, his face contorting in a disdainful smirk.

Rimalon flicks his gaze towards an ivy-covered iron barrel, then turns away with a condescending smirk.

Rimalon smirks as a haughty expression flits across his face.

Rimalon sets his mouth in a thin line of disapproval.

2nd person:

Rimalon purses his lips at you, his face contorting with an disdainful smirk.

-----

POINT

1st person:

>point gnimble
You beckon Gnimble closer with a slow curl of your forefinger.

>point barr
Noting the shoddy workmanship of an ivy-covered iron barrel, you turn away with a condescending point. (BUGGY, SAME AS SMIRK)

>point rima
You find you are exceedingly pleased with yourself.

3rd person:

Rimalon beckons Gnimble closer witha slow curl of his forefinger.

Rimalon flicks his gaze towards an ivy-covered iron barrel, then turns away with a condescending point. (BUGGY, SAME AS SMIRK)

Rimalon looks exceedingly pleased with himself.

2nd person:

Rimalon beckons you closer witha slow curl of his forefinger.

------

RAISE

1st person:

>raise eye gnimble
You arch one eyebrow at Gnimble in an expression of sardonic amusement.

>raise eye rimal
You arch a skeptical eyebrow, pondering whether your amusement with the world outweighs your disgust.

NOT DARK ELF, ADDED FOR EVERYBODY'S USE:

>raise fist rimal
Clenching your fist tightly, you raise it to the sky, your body shaking in frustration and rage.

>raise hand rimal
You shoot your hand into the air, waving it frantically, then use your other hand to raise it even higher, your entire body wiggling with excitement.

3rd person:

Rimalon arches one eyebrow at Gnimble in an expression of sardonic amusement.

Rimalon arches a skeptical eyebrow as he takes in his surroundings.

NOT DARK ELF, OPEN FOR ANYONE:

Clenching his fist tightly, Rimalon raises it to the sky, his body shaking in frustration and rage.

Rimalon shoot (TYPO) his hand into the air, waving it frantically, then uses his other hand to raise it even higher, his entire body wiggling with excitement.

2nd person:

Rimalon arches one eyebrow at you in an expression of sardonic amusement.

------

STARE

1st person:

>stare rima
You turn your head slightly to the side and stare purposefully off into the distance.

>stare gnimble
You shoot Gnimble a prolonged stare, doing your best to unnerve him.

>stare barr
You stare intently at an ivy-covered iron barrel, silently noting its position and potential uses.

3rd person:

Rimalon turns his head slightly to the side and stares off into the distance, effectively ignoring his surroundings.

Rimalon stares unwaveringly at Gnimble.

Rimalon stares intently at an ivy-covered iron barrel and creases his brow in deep thought.

2nd person:

Rimalon stares at you for what seems like an eternity, doing his best to unnerve you.

petroglyph
04-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Huh. One of my ideas is up there, and I don't even remember winning.

Shows how much attention I pay.

Rimalon
04-03-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm disappointed they didn't use the majority of my awesome ideas. I had a lot of taunting and rude gesturing in the contest.

ElvenFury
04-03-2009, 03:45 PM
"Rimalon looks exceedingly pleased with himself."

I think I know a few characters who will be using THIS one regularly.

Some Rogue
04-03-2009, 03:49 PM
^

conair4022
04-04-2009, 02:22 AM
once in a while a bug comes along that makes gem4 a little wacky ...

I give you RAISE, you can now raise to people not in the same room ...
people in the same room can see who you are raise to.
Don't have to be dark elf to do it too.

And I am organizing a Death Raise ... anyone dies, we raise hand/fist/eyebrow in mass!!!!

Fallen
04-04-2009, 02:38 AM
You people are going to give Evarin fits with this verb.

Nilandia
04-04-2009, 02:46 AM
No kidding. The Sylvanfair people went nuts with it once we found out about it. I just about gave Rimalon a heart attack, too, which made my night. :D

Gretchen

Allereli
04-04-2009, 02:55 AM
Vivaldi raises his fist at you.

I was sitting at a house table, I was so confused

mrjrd222
04-04-2009, 03:41 AM
They fixed it already, darn.

conair4022
04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
fun bug fix beget bug:
Can't do no target raise now.

Here is my tribute to a 70s sitcom
Hey Mr. Kotter!!!! OOO! OOOO! OOOOO!
You shoot your hand into the air, waving it frantically, then use your other hand to raise it even higher, your entire body wiggling with excitement.

Endlin
04-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Yeah its about time those underplayed dark elves got some cool new verb action to draw more people to play them...

wait a minute..

Shari
04-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Sylvans have race-specific verbs? :(

I'm afraid...but someone send me a link anyway.

Nilandia
04-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Sylvans have race-specific verbs? :(

I'm afraid...but someone send me a link anyway.
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=41236

Gretchen

Shari
04-06-2009, 12:52 AM
So, dark elves get four, FOUR racial verbs and we get a fucking ear-twitch? My fucking god I need to become a GM...just to keep shit like this from happening again.

The Ponzzz
04-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Least you got some. Humans haven't had love in a long long time. And SOlhaven doesn't even have verbs. Sadness.

Fallen
04-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah. Solhaven doesn't get any GM attention at all.

The Ponzzz
04-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Well, not in Platinum. We only get releases. No town invasions, no random NPCs, rarely any merchants in them... Never the storylines. We did get the IFW storyline, but it was tied in with a release. My biggest pet peeve of Platinum is no town guru support.

Asha
04-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Rimalon stares at you for what seems like an eternity, doing his best to unnerve you.

The rest after the comma fucks this verb up. I won't use it.