PDA

View Full Version : Lore training - worth it?

Artha
02-15-2004, 11:05 AM
I've heard arguments for both. So, is it worth it? If so, is it better to .5x, 1x, 1.5x, or 2x? Is it better to 1x two types of lores (for example, air and water), or is it better to do one lore at a time? If it isn't worth it, what should those saved TPs go to?

[Edited on 2-15-2004 by Artha]

Reyek
02-15-2004, 11:08 AM
i see the difference with my lore training in place then when its not. Its not considerable, but there is a benefit. I hear lots of arguments saying earth lore does some good. I'm currently .5x (approx) fire lore but plan on catching it up..

Kitsun
02-15-2004, 11:11 AM
It is really a personal decision. The boost to DFs to bolt spells alone, is not worth it. Each lore has minor little nick nacks to it that you either like, or don't care about.

They were meant to be focal points for mastery, so dabbling in them truly yields crap. Pick one and single in it. Going 2x lores is asking for trouble since it is FAR too many points for too little gain.

If you don't get them, more spells are ALWAYS good. Or you could pick up little things like FA, Survival, Pickpocketing, etc.

Meos
02-15-2004, 11:14 AM
lores need to be one TP cheaper, that's another story though...

CrystalTears
02-15-2004, 11:44 AM
I don't know, I guess it would depend on the wizard you talk to. My husband is training in fire lore (at least 1x) and he has found it to be a significant difference. All his eblades produce fire flares and all his fire related spells are giving off greater power. He's very happy with it and definitely feels that they are worth the training.

J-Tech
02-15-2004, 12:25 PM
At lvl 35 i have 26 ranks in fire lore, and the only benefit that i've noticed from it is being able to make my eyes flash red (which i like) LOL, but i never really played without it since GS4 came out, so i cant tell if my fire bolts are stronger with or without it....i dunno, i just train in it...lol

J.T.

Meos
02-15-2004, 12:28 PM
eyes flash red, how do you do that? I've never seen a wizard do it before. Except in the guild workshops when ya sense the mana pools, but thats a blue flash.

[Edited on 2-15-2004 by Meos]

Artha
02-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Attune [element]

I cut down to 1xing lores. At level 6, I've trippled once and have 8 ranks of armor, for doubles.

J-Tech
02-15-2004, 01:04 PM
From my view:
>attune elemen fire
You close your eyes, and quickly sense that you are already attuned to the element of fire.

From others view:
Surgla closes his eyes in concentration for a moment. When they open, they appear to be glowing light red.

J.T.

Rogue Slayer
03-08-2004, 04:27 PM
I honestly think that lores are a waste of Tps as of right now. I still 1x in fire lore for the magic ranks i get from it for my runestaff defense. I cant see any other benefits from lore than the magic ranks you get from training in it.

Reyek
03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
I see the differance with 906 and 908 with my fire lores. i seen the difference in beta and i see it now. how many ranks do you have? you will see a major jump around 50 ranks. and you can do neat lil tricks like make your eyes glow.

Rogue Slayer
03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
um.. i have 48 ranks in Fire lore. Most things i hunt these days take greater damage with minor acid anyhow. I am a "fire" mage. I hardly ever use fire though and it seems my fire does as much damage as a "lightning" mages that I seen. I guess im still a Dabbler in fire though