PDA

View Full Version : Dog tag replacement

Sean of the Thread
03-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm having enough trouble with the govt right now but when my paternal grandmother passed my contribution to her coffin was my tags.

I know I can make some calls but my minutes are few on this phone so I'm asking any vets out there if they know how to efficiently and cheaply get a duplicate set of tags.

I came up with this link but it's outdated.

http://http//usmcshop.grunt.com/Products/Marines/Uniforms/IDTags/Default.aspx

I have full internet access but very limited phone access. If anyone can help me out with direction I'd appreciate it very much. Phone limit being the factor.

~sean

Tisket
03-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Apparently you can order them online: http://www.usmedals.com/SearchResult.aspx?Banner=1

thefarmer
03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
get an internet phone

Jayvn
03-31-2009, 04:50 AM
I have like 3 sets.. got a dupe made at General Jacksons..it was right outside ft bragg.. they'd press them right there with all your info.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2009, 09:34 AM
http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Search.aspx?search=dog+tag worked for me. I've ordered from Sgt Grit before and had no issues. Also check your local Army Navy surplus store I know some of them have a dog tag press.

Sean of the Thread
03-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Thank you guys. You all know how it feels to have them around your neck and I appreciate the info.

I've only got some paper work left I hope it's enough.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
What paperwork? Just tell them what you want on them.

Sean of the Thread
03-31-2009, 12:56 PM
I want my name number, usmc and not really but I'll take the Presbyterian.

I know my grandmother was proud of me for that so that's why I gave them to her coffin but I want a pair back. If I had the money I'd get a meat tag since I'm considering enlisting again.

Meat tag shouldn't cost too much. ?? Any tat pro's around?

Jayvn
03-31-2009, 01:10 PM
show me a pic of a dog tag tat that doesn't suck and look like jumbled garbage written on it and I wont try to talk you out of it.

Sean of the Thread
03-31-2009, 01:41 PM
uh a meat tag is is meat tag they're not going to look good. It is basically your info on say your right or left chest underarm so you can be identified when asploded.

My uncle HOORAH took a mortar in the chest in Korea and the only reason they knew it was him was because he had a meat tag on.

Asha
03-31-2009, 01:58 PM
A mortar to the fucking chest though..
Jesus.

Sean of the Thread
03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
That's what meat tags are for. War is is war.

That being said I am for the most part homeless and unable to work unless I find a data entry job.

Anyone want to ante up for replacement tags. Long shot but I thought I'd ask. I've received help here (thank you bratt because it was for my children) and refused it from others. (thank you for the offers).

I'm not sure what they'll cost but I'm sure it's cheap and I don't need silencer rubber on them obviously. But I have about 1.67 to my name atm and and completely dead left arm/shoulder.

Yes bruce I know I owe you still (fantasy football) and my word is solid you'll get what I owe as soon as I get it.

Jayvn
03-31-2009, 03:47 PM
uh a meat tag is is meat tag they're not going to look good. It is basically your info on say your right or left chest underarm so you can be identified when asploded.

My uncle HOORAH took a mortar in the chest in Korea and the only reason they knew it was him was because he had a meat tag on.

oh ok, i thought you were talking about the super gay tattoos of dog tags people try to get... where it ends up being a mass of grey rectangle with a craptastic 'chain' tat'd all the way up around their neck..

Jayvn
03-31-2009, 03:48 PM
shoot me a pm with your tag info and a place you collect mail

Sean of the Thread
03-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Sent the PM with the personal info.

Much love Jayvn.

Asha
04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I'd have sorted you out, Sean but as I have lower figures than you in my bank , I'm unable till 04/05/09.

ElanthianSiren
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM

If they could do it, a brand would probably stay cleaner, but that would be a hell of a large chunk of metal to have pressed against your skin.