PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 04:43 PM
What is the difference
Between hiding something from someone, and just not telling them (as in, if they asked you'd tell them the truth)
I can't think of the right words to put this in, and it's killing me.

THanks

Methais
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Dumb Answer:

Afk;jas jgha pagiuphiuieuogaiufgawpgreriog

Sean
03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
What is the difference
Between hiding something from someone, and just not telling them (as in, if they asked you'd tell them the truth)
I can't think of the right words to put this in, and it's killing me.

THanks

What's the difference between lying and lying by omission?

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 04:56 PM

Nothing, if you knew you should tell them.

Case 1: You stop and pick up gum on the way to work. You do not tell your SO. This falls under "not telling".

Case 2: You're an alcoholic and stop and pick up a fifth of vodka on the way to work, which you proceed to drink during the day. You do not tell your SO. This falls under "hiding".

ElvenFury
03-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Question: What's your favorite color?

Possible ways to answer:

Truth:
Red, but to be honest I've got a thing for blue, too.
Withholding the Truth:
Red
Evasive:
Oh yeah, my favorite color is... HEY! WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE?! <flee>
Refusing to answer:
Sorry, I'm not at liberty to say.
Lying:
Green
TMI:
I'd eat frozen yogurt out of blue's ass, if she'd let me.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:05 PM
See the problem is, I'm with this girl Maria, and before we got together. She found out. I thought this girl olga was hot, who works downstairs
to make a long story short. Maria is jealous of Olga, and one day I bought Olga spaghetti, cause she asked for it. As I was heading to lunch, Maria found out, and said I was lying to her, and I hid it from her, because I didn't tell her right away. But when she asked me about it, I told her right away, but she still claims I was "hiding" it from her.

Keller
03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd eat frozen yogurt out of blue's ass, if she'd let me.

Everyone knows Blue is a dude.

And that's fucking disgusting.

http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2005/12/cranshaw.jpg

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 05:11 PM
See the problem is, I'm with this girl Maria, and before we got together, she found out, i thought this girl olga was hot, who works downstairs
to make a long story short, Maria is jealous of Olga, and one day I bought Olga spaghetti, cause she asked for it, as I was heading to lunch, Maria, found out, and said I was lying to her, and I hid it from her, because I didn't tell her right away, but when she asked me about it, I told her right away, but she still claims I was "hiding" it from her.

Too many commas, timeline too difficult to follow.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:14 PM
fixed)

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 05:16 PM
See the problem is, I'm with this girl Maria. (She found out that) Before we got together, I thought this girl olga (who works downstairs) was hot.

Maria is jealous of Olga. One day I bought Olga spaghetti, cause she asked (me to) as I was heading to lunch. Maria found out and said I was lying to her and I hid it from her. When she asked me about it, I told her right away, but she still claims I was "hiding" it from her.

I couldn't stand it. I think this is how the story goes?

Yea, you were hiding it from her. You bought lunch for someone your current girl knows you had (have?) a thing for.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:17 PM
I never had a thing for her, I just thought she was hot.
fuck I think alot of girls are hot, doesn't mean I want them.

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I never had a thing for her, I just thought she was hot.
fuck I think alot of girls are hot, doesn't mean I want them.

I'm guessing no difference in your girl's eyes.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm guessing no difference in your girl's eyes.

Yeah, I can agree, but my girl knows Olga is engaged to another person :) which makes me wonder what the hell is she thinking.

Allereli
03-30-2009, 05:23 PM
1. don't date people you work with

2. don't buy another girl spaghetti. Italian food is too romantic.

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I can agree, but my girl knows Olga is engaged to another person :) which makes me wonder what the hell is she thinking.

That people cheat.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:25 PM
lol)) Allereli your so fucking right)

Ignot
03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Damn, this is all over some fucking lunch? Are you allowed to have friends or what? Sounds like she has major trust issues, does she honestly have a good reason to be concerned? Tell the truth!

Stanley Burrell
03-30-2009, 05:27 PM
It hasn't been suggested yet, but I highly suggest Afk;jas jgha pagiuphiuieuogaiufgawpgreriog. Trust me.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Damn, this is all over some fucking lunch? Are you allowed to have friends or what? Sounds like she has major trust issues, does she honestly have a good reason to be concerned? Tell the truth!

No, she doesn't not at all. If I didn't want to be with her, I wouldn't.
lol she's not a control freak, but it's something with Olga she's scared about, I dunno why.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
It hasn't been suggested yet, but I highly suggest Afk;jas jgha pagiuphiuieuogaiufgawpgreriog. Trust me.

Yes, I concur

Stanley Burrell
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Hell yeah.

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
it's something with Olga she's scared about, I dunno why.

You work in the same building.
You think she's hot.
You bought her lunch.

Ignot
03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Only one way to settle it between her and Olga.

CAGE MATCH.

Solkern
03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
You work in the same building.
You think she's hot.
You bought her lunch.

I cook for Maria) all the time))

edited* I work with Maria too))

Stanley Burrell
03-30-2009, 05:36 PM
^

Get Olga, Helga, Svetlana and Jenga and videotape the Abba girls in a Jell-o match.

Also, ever notice how all lunch ladies are named "Edna?" No? Alright.

Tea & Strumpets
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM
fixed)

Hehe, are you sure that is fixed?

Allereli
03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Hehe, are you sure that is fixed?

Russian keyboard issues?

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I cook for Maria) all the time))

edited* I work with Maria too))

And what else do you do with Maria that perhaps she does NOT want you doing with Olga?

Liagala
03-30-2009, 05:56 PM
If Maria hears about lunch with Olga from you, as an ordinary part of conversation, she may not like it but whatever. If she hears from someone else after the fact, she's automatically going to wonder why you didn't tell her. Not a good way to start a conversation about a girl your gf is already upset over.

Ignot
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
But its just lunch, I don't see why she should be upset at all. It's not like he went out and had drinks with big titty Olga and didn't tell her, it was just pasta. But if someone came up to her and told her "oooh Sokern bought Olga lunch, OMG!" then I could see her being upset. You need to find the snitch.

Jorddyn
03-30-2009, 06:08 PM
But its just lunch.

He bought lunch for someone he knows his girl has issues with - jealousy, insecurity, whatever.

I'm not saying she's right for being insecure, I'm saying he shouldn't be reinforcing that insecurity by buying lunch for the office hottie.

Ignot
03-30-2009, 06:11 PM
yeah that makes sense I guess.

CrystalTears
03-30-2009, 06:12 PM
See the problem is, I'm with this girl Maria, and before we got together. She found out. I thought this girl olga was hot, who works downstairs
to make a long story short. Maria is jealous of Olga, and one day I bought Olga spaghetti, cause she asked for it. As I was heading to lunch, Maria found out, and said I was lying to her, and I hid it from her, because I didn't tell her right away. But when she asked me about it, I told her right away, but she still claims I was "hiding" it from her.
I think we're going to need that long story because it just seems like something is being left out, i.e. why Maria is so jealous of Olga. I don't think it's so innocent as just thinking she's hot.

Allereli
03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
But its just lunch, I don't see why she should be upset at all. It's not like he went out and had drinks with big titty Olga and didn't tell her, it was just pasta. But if someone came up to her and told her "oooh Sokern bought Olga lunch, OMG!" then I could see her being upset. You need to find the snitch.

It's never JUST pasta

http://images.chron.com/content/chronicle/ae/movies/tramp.jpg

unrelated, but your comment reminded me of this thread: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=35386

NocturnalRob
03-30-2009, 06:18 PM
2. don't buy another girl spaghetti. Italian food is too romantic.
rob = fail

The Ponzzz
03-30-2009, 06:22 PM
What kind of grown adults have these types of problems still. This is high school behavior. Like, srsly.

NocturnalRob
03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
What kind of grown adults have these types of problems still. This is high school behavior. Like, srsly.
qft. also, i want to bone your avatar. not the girl. your literal avatar.

The Ponzzz
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah man, I don't know how the girl would be, but the avatar is perfect for boning.

Tea & Strumpets
03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Russian keyboard issues?

I just meant that even after that paragraph was fixed), it was still all kinds of fucked up grammatically (that's ye olde english).

diethx
03-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Man, between Solkern's grammar and the discussion in general...

http://students.kennesaw.edu/~sjacobs9/facepalm.jpg

Celephais
03-30-2009, 10:51 PM
That's an awesome photo compilation.

So... which of these two girls is the girl in your avatar? Something tells me you would rather be with this other girl than your girlfriend anyway.

Solkern
03-31-2009, 02:07 AM
Ok, let me clear this "lunch" thing up. I never went to lunch with her, I brought her lunch, after I was finished eating)
The story i said is pretty much the entire story I left out the unimportant blah blah details.
We always talk, and one day about a month ago, I told her I had some great Spaghetti, and she said "where's mine?"
So I promised her I'd bring her some, of course, she works only twice a week, and I work at my other center, more then I do, at Sokol. (where she works)
So finally I see her, and actually remember it, so I brought it.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
03-31-2009, 02:25 AM
Ok, let me clear this "lunch" thing up. I never went to lunch with her, I brought her lunch, after I was finished eating)
The story i said is pretty much the entire story I left out the unimportant blah blah details.
We always talk, and one day about a month ago, I told her I had some great Spaghetti, and she said "where's mine?"
So I promised her I'd bring her some, of course, she works only twice a week, and I work at my other center, more then I do, at Sokol. (where she works)

ThePonzz's point still stands..

This is ragingly insecure, pointless, melodramatic bullshit. Seriously, does this cunt you're dating poison your breakfast cereal if you ever go so far as to acknowledge someone who has a vagina?

Solkern
03-31-2009, 02:36 AM
ThePonzz's point still stands..

This is ragingly insecure, pointless, melodramatic bullshit. Seriously, does this cunt you're dating poison your breakfast cereal if you ever go so far as to acknowledge someone who has a vagina?

lol
Oh I forgot to mention

How she found out was, I left my Vkontakte open (Russian facebook)
and she saw a message from Olga about the Spaghetti, thanking me. Ao she opened it and read it, and got pissed...

Nieninque
03-31-2009, 02:38 AM
Inflatable dolls can't poison breakfast cereal.

Solkern
03-31-2009, 02:38 AM
I think we're going to need that long story because it just seems like something is being left out, i.e. why Maria is so jealous of Olga. I don't think it's so innocent as just thinking she's hot.

No, еирб that's it
She told me when we first got together, she can get jealous, but is passes quickly or someshit, I don't mind when someone is a little jealous, everyone is.
but to me, she's taking this shit to far.

Tisket
03-31-2009, 02:44 AM
If it weren't for vulnerable insecure women relying on sex as a lure, ugly bastards like you wouldn't get laid half as often. So be thankful.

Solkern
03-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Hmm, we haven't had sex yet ;)

Tisket
03-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Serious question: is English your second language? And serious question number two: are you fifteen years old?

Solkern
03-31-2009, 02:48 AM
Sure, and sure)

Mighty Nikkisaurus
03-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Why the hell are you with her then?

I'm sorry, but jealousy like this is not normal. Most normal people feel a twinge of jealousy, rationally evaluate why they are jealous, and then get the fuck over it. Your crazy ass girlfriend just went off on you for bringing pasta to another woman.

The only thing that could possibly even begin to excuse it is if her vagina is lined with gold and she has a mouth that would make a hoover tired. If not, dump the stupid bitch already.

ElvenFury
03-31-2009, 07:17 AM
When I was a teenager I asked my dad for advice regarding a crazy girlfriend, and he told me that all women are crazy, it's just a matter of degrees. Looking back, I think that was his way of telling me to stay single and masturbate for the rest of my life. If only that had dawned on me then, my life would be a lot simpler now. ;-)

CrystalTears
03-31-2009, 08:28 AM
No, еирб that's it
She told me when we first got together, she can get jealous, but is passes quickly or someshit, I don't mind when someone is a little jealous, everyone is.
but to me, she's taking this shit to far.
So you knew that she gets jealous, yet decided to not tell her that you bought a hottie lunch and letting her find out on her own. What is WRONG with you??

Sure she's got issues for being a jealous person, but you're no better for giving her reason to be by not telling her shit.

Izzy
03-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Serious question: is English your second language? And serious question number two: are you fifteen years old?

He's an English teacher, too. :(

Allereli
03-31-2009, 09:53 AM

so you cooked for her after planning for a month when you would see her and your girlfriend knows you think the other girl is hot? ouch.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Create a new screen name, pretend to be Olga. Post a picture of your junk. Then log in as Maria and defend said junk. After an hour log in as Solkern and say " I don't know what's going on or how they got that pic but do you like what you see?!" Later deny it all even though you're pwnd. Later still admit that Olga and Maria don't exsist, and you're very lonely.

Back
03-31-2009, 10:50 AM

I’m trying to understand this...

You’ve been cultivating a relationship with a girl who works in your office full time meaning you see each other often. You are close enough that she can access your computer. You say you have cooked for her.

She is jealous of some hot temp who works 2 days a week whom you obediently bought spaghetti for at the drop of a casual comment.

And you have not closed the deal with either one of them?

Methinks dos’t need rethink thy’n game.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Methinks dos’t need rethink thy’n game. Cut, print, gay.

Back
03-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Cut, print, gay.

You would know.

Would “Yo dog, quit bein’ played and play does bitches right” work better for you?

AnticorRifling
03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
You would know.

Would “Yo dog, quit bein’ played and play does bitches right” work better for you?
No that's SeanyD levels of beef wellington.

Stanley Burrell
03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Cut, print, gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbftgEPNb94

Keller
03-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Create a new screen name, pretend to be Olga. Post a picture of your junk. Then log in as Maria and defend said junk. After an hour log in as Solkern and say " I don't know what's going on or how they got that pic but do you like what you see?!" Later deny it all even though you're pwnd. Later still admit that Olga and Maria don't exsist, and you're very lonely.

Priceless.

Back
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
I dunno. If a hetero male and hetero female are in one or the other’s abode together for “cooking a meal”... dinner is the last thing on their minds.

Stanley Burrell
03-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I dunno. If a hetero male and hetero female are in one or the other’s abode together for “cooking a meal”... dinner is the last thing on their minds.

That's good, because I thought it was really gay that I was eating this cake with my 5-year-old niece:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/45618835_d70b332438.jpg

But now I can flex my raging heterosexual glutes.

Back
03-31-2009, 11:14 AM
rofl. Sick bastard. You know what I mean.

The Ponzzz
03-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Rule #1:

Never take shit from anyone you're not fucking.

The End, by The Ponzzz

Ignot
03-31-2009, 02:06 PM

Tea & Strumpets
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM

How come your picture links never work?

The Ponzzz
03-31-2009, 02:11 PM
They always work for me.

Ignot
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
How come your picture links never work?

That's weird. I just upload through manage attachments, am I doing something wrong?

Stanley Burrell
03-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Rule #1:

The End, by The Ponzzz

I'd bang that slut filth in your avatar, but first I'd make sure that I banged her.

Back
03-31-2009, 02:53 PM
Rule #1:

The End, by The Ponzzz

I think this sums up the thread quite nicely, or maybe not so nicely.

Tea & Strumpets
03-31-2009, 03:23 PM
That's weird. I just upload through manage attachments, am I doing something wrong?

I dunno, I normally only see them when someone quotes your message, and then the image is a hyperlink. Maybe it's something on my end.

Latrinsorm
03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Seriously, wtf is with the parentheses?

Tolwynn
03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Have you ever cooked something and brought it in for the one that's ostensibly your girl? If no, that might explain a bit more why she's pissed at you there.

Paradii
03-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Rule #1:

The End, by The Ponzzz

Rule #2

Never shit on someone you are fucking without a tarp down.

iJin
03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Seriously, wtf is with the parentheses?

I thought I was the only one who thought of this.

So fucking annoying. Argh.

The Ponzzz
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought of this.

So fucking annoying. Argh.

You love( my parentheses((

iJin
03-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Please don't abuse our relationship Mario.

Just don't!!!

Edit:

((())(()())((( ((