PDA

View Full Version : Basic GS Questions Thread

Back
03-26-2009, 01:49 AM
When picking something up while hunting should you put away your weapon or your shield?

What spell is in a solid moonstone cube?

What is the best way to find the true weight of an item? Weigh it ten times then average it or bard song?

Androidpk
03-26-2009, 02:41 AM
The cube gives +10 to combat maneuver offense and defense rolls.

BriarFox
03-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Shield away. Bardsong. Why the hell am I responding to this thread?

Back
03-26-2009, 02:47 AM
The cube gives +10 to combat maneuver offense and defense rolls.

Cool. What spell circle is that?

Shield away. Bardsong. Why the hell am I responding to this thread?

Thanks. Bardsong is that accurate compared to averaging? Is there any real definitive way other than that?

Boredom?

BriarFox
03-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Cool. What spell circle is that?

Thanks. Bardsong is that accurate compared to averaging? Is there any real definitive way other than that?

Boredom?

Bard song is the only way to get an accurate measurement that I know of.

Asha
03-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Weapon away.

Celephais
03-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Shield away.
You sure about this? Shield DS, especially with a decent enchant or against bolts, provides way more DS than parry. ... or are you just saying that because this is backlash and I've now ruined it?

Asha
03-26-2009, 06:49 AM
I've now ruined it?

Damn me too then. :(

The Ponzzz
03-26-2009, 08:08 AM
If you're 3x dodge, shield; if you're 3x shield, weapon. If you are a brawler, weapon. If you're like 1x shield and 1x dodge, the difference won't be big unless you have a 10x shield.

Back
03-26-2009, 11:19 AM
How is TD calculated?

The Ponzzz
03-26-2009, 11:36 AM
You might just want to vists http://www.Krakiipedia.org

Back
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
You might just want to vists http://www.Krakiipedia.org

I have been. Unfortunately, for some reason, its not easy to get certain specific info out of that site. I love the herb page but could find nothing on the questions I am asking here.

DoctorUnne
03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
How is TD calculated?

It's essentially 3x level plus whatever spells you have on I think. I'm a square, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think that will get you a pretty accurate reading, even though I'm sure there are other smaller factors involved.

Riltus
03-26-2009, 03:09 PM
How is TD calculated?

Base TD is 3x level + appropriate stat bonus. Wisdom vs spirit spells, aura vs elemental.

You can accurately determine an item's weight with the <WEIGHT> verb. Results will be +/- 10% in 1% increments, rounded. For character weight it is +/- 2% rounded.

You will always get an accurate value for items 4 lbs or less with just one attempt. A 20 lb item will produce values of 18, 19, 20, 21, 22. These are the only possible results when weighing a 20 lb item.

Because it is +/- 10% at 1% intervals, there are 21 factors from .9 to 1.1 inclusive, selected randomly. So, the average distribution when weighing a 20 lb item 21 times will be:

18: 3x's
19: 5x's
20: 5x's
21: 5x's
22: 3x's

The expected results when weighing a five pound item:

5: 20x's
6: 1x

The only time a 6 lb. result will appear (slightly less than 5%) is when the factor is 1.1 (5 * 1.1) = 5.5 which rounds up to 6.

So, yeah a bard is a lot easier, especially for heavier items, but it is not the only accurate method for determining item weights.

Mark

BriarFox
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
If you're 3x dodge, shield; if you're 3x shield, weapon. If you are a brawler, weapon. If you're like 1x shield and 1x dodge, the difference won't be big unless you have a 10x shield.

Actually, I wasn't pulling Back's leg. Ponzzz gives the best answer here, though. My ranger has way more dodge than shield, though, and so it makes sense to put the shield away. Wasn't thinking about other builds.

Back
04-04-2009, 12:58 PM
How does an elf get their House as a surname or is that automatic.

I changed my surname to my house with the applicable fee at the surname office but I can’t see if it worked using Title Show or in a boutique mirror.

BriarFox
04-04-2009, 01:11 PM

I changed my surname to my house with the applicable fee at the surname office but I can’t see if it worked using Title Show or in a boutique mirror.

Title list culture.

Can we rename this thread to "The stupid crap I should know, but don't because ..."?

Back
04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Title list culture.

Can we rename this thread to "The stupid crap I should know, but don't because ..."?

I didn’t just wake up knowing everything in the universe?

Sure, call it whatever you want, Oh Great Master Of Gemstone.

BriarFox
04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Sure, call it whatever you want, Oh Great Master Of Gemstone.

Ok. Welcome to the thread of stupid crap Back should know but doesn't because ... (fill in the blank).

CrystalTears
04-04-2009, 02:02 PM

I don't understand. You paid to have your surname changed to your elven house name, rather than choosing that house for your culture?

In any case, you need to have your surname show, but since I used SF, I adjusted that through the settings, and I don't think it was through the title options.

Rolton-Sammich
04-04-2009, 02:52 PM
set showlastname on

Back
04-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Fucking THANKS.

Back
04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Maximum stat bonus is +40 or +40 on top of what a 100 stat will already give?

ie. STG 100 (25+15=40) or STG 100 (25+40=65)?

Mtenda
04-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Maximum stat bonus is +40 or +40 on top of what a 100 stat will already give?

ie. STG 100 (25+15=40) or STG 100 (25+40=65)?

Basically all of your stats have a ceiling of 140. Stat bonus has nothing to do with it.

Back
04-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Basically all of your stats have a ceiling of 140. Stat bonus has nothing to do with it.

Thanks, I knew I read somewhere there was a cap of +40.

So then if my stat is 140 and I find and enhancive that adds to bonus, the bonus still goes up. Nice.

Mtenda
04-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks, I knew I read somewhere there was a cap of +40.

So then if my stat is 140 and I find and enhancive that adds to bonus, the bonus still goes up. Nice.

No your stat bonus goes up with your stat and vice versa. So for instance a half-elf with a 100 strength has a 25 strength bonus. No matter which one you enhance they both go up. So that same half-elf with 140 strength is capped at a 45 bonus.

Back
04-09-2009, 02:21 AM
How does one find out if they have any redux? Is there an accurate calculator out there, or is it too random now to determine? I know spell knowledge is bad, and I read on the official website about all the skills that are needed to factor into it, but is there anyway to tell if you actually do have any? Besides letting something hit you?

Also, a quick, non related question. On the rift, can you have spells from circles you have access to, or only spells you already know?

Thanks guys!

Well to find out if you have it, you used to able to check in at a local inn, then when you went to exit you would get a message telling you "you didn't have the skills required for defense redux" or some such nonsense. If you didn't get that message, hey!, you got redux.

I don't know if that still works though.

It still does. I see it when my pures check in.

Don't worry about redux as a square. You'll have plenty of it no matter how you train. Train according to the tactics necessary to defeat what you are currently hunting.

Good to know. Question 2?

DoctorUnne
04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
What spell is in a solid moonstone cube?

If this is what you mean by question 2, it's a spell that lasts for a few minutes and gives a bonus of 10 to all your cman rolls. Kind of like a heavy quartz orb but for squares. It's not a spell that players can cast though.

Back
04-24-2009, 02:33 AM
set showlastname on

Actually...

set showcltrsurname on

Will show your chars cult after their last name. I re-registered my last name as it became redundant.

Rolton-Sammich
04-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Ohhh yeah. Good thing I wasn't paying attention to that question at all when I originally responded, or I might have accidentally been helpful.

Back
04-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Ohhh yeah. Good thing I wasn't paying attention to that question at all when I originally responded, or I might have accidentally been helpful.

You were at the time.

BTW there is a culture last name available for registering.

Whut?

graysun
04-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Is it out of genre to call someone your amigo in game?

Lumi
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Regarding weight and bardsongs, note that boxes (critter-found) are an exception. The weight of such a box from a loresong is inconsistent and ERRATICALLY inaccurate. It might sing as 20 lbs, and then sing as 200 a moment later.

In the Rift, you can wear spells from circles you're capable of learning. So a warrior could wear 401, 406, and 414, but not 202 or 303.

I've noticed the small statue spell get stripped off of me in there, too, but not quartz orbs. I may be getting lucky or they may be treated differently for some reason, I have no idea. I've never used a moonstone cube in there, so I don't know about that one.

Also, the area doesn't actually have "spellburst" the way we usually use the term. You never get hurt by losing spells in the Rift, and you can't do anything to train away the penalties and wear more/different spells. You just lose them, the end.

Back
06-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Is there a max to the amount of time you can stack a spell?

Fallen
06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Is there a max to the amount of time you can stack a spell?

Someone can come at you with specifics, but nearly everyone knows that the general cap on spells is 4 hours(non-stackable spells aside). It used to be you could roll people's durations on spells by giving them too much. That definitely doesn't happen anymore.

I imagine you are refering to how you used to be able to get MORE than 4 hours of spells, but it would drop back down to 4 once you logged out/back in. As to whether that has changed, I don't know. I do know that PSInet tracks spells only up to 4 hours, and I never bothered to see if spells last past their intended 4 hour window by using another timer. I imagine that information would really only be useful to lazy MAers who don't want to spell up often, and those who pay/beg for spellups. My GUESS is if there is some stacking beyond 4, it isn't much.

AMUSED1
06-20-2009, 07:18 PM
250 minutes is the absolute max. So yeah, 4 hours and 10 minutes.

Back
06-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Someone can come at you with specifics, but nearly everyone knows that the general cap on spells is 4 hours(non-stackable spells aside). It used to be you could roll people's durations on spells by giving them too much. That definitely doesn't happen anymore.

I imagine you are refering to how you used to be able to get MORE than 4 hours of spells, but it would drop back down to 4 once you logged out/back in. As to whether that has changed, I don't know. I do know that PSInet tracks spells only up to 4 hours, and I never bothered to see if spells last past their intended 4 hour window by using another timer. I imagine that information would really only be useful to lazy MAers who don't want to spell up often, and those who pay/beg for spellups. My GUESS is if there is some stacking beyond 4, it isn't much.

That makes sense because if you could stack over 4 hours, and log, you could potentially stack so high that you would never need a spell cast on yourself for years.

The reason I ask is because I shatter crystal amulets so I don’t have to keep rubbing them too often. I know that whatever spell in the amulet is not player cast but I’m guessing the same rule applies.

Thanks.

Fallen
06-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I think that spell only has a 15 minute duration now, which was a stupid, pointless change. At least it is still stackable. I usually just spam Sign of thought until i'm fairly sure I hit four hours whenever I see it drop.

Back
06-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I think that spell only has a 15 minute duration now, which was a stupid, pointless change. At least it is still stackable. I usually just spam Sign of thought until i'm fairly sure I hit four hours whenever I see it drop.

Heh. But did you wear an amulet? Used to do that with a char I had in COL because as I figured if you could think on the net without wearing one...

Androidpk
06-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Is there a way to speak directly to someone without having to click on their name to bring up the little speech box?

Back
06-20-2009, 07:52 PM
say ::name

Usage:
SAY [modifiers] {message} - Speak a message aloud

Where [modifiers] is zero or more of the following:
:{tone} - Speak the message in a particular tone (see TONE LIST for a list of tones)
::{object} or @{object} or {{object}} - Direct the message at someone or something (eg, ::door or {heavy door})
]{object} or [{object}] - Attempt to throw your voice behind someone or something (eg, ]door or [heavy door])
~{language} - Speak the message in a particular language (see SPEAK for a list of languages)
={verb} - Choose a verb to indicate the speech style (see SPEECH VERBIAGE LIST for a list of verbs)

Celephais
06-21-2009, 07:59 PM
pretty sure you could just:
'::name message

basically what backlash said except replace say with the quote to save yourself the trouble.

Euler
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
the docs say that anything enchanted to +30 or more will become resistant to further enchanting. Does this mean if something is brought up to 7x via points, it can't ever be merchant enchanted?

Celephais
06-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I think the docs say either greater than +30 or +31 ... cause at +30 you can still player enchant to +35 (7x)

Anyway, merchants have their own restrictions, if you enchant something to +36 or higher (however you do it), it will not be normally player enchantable, but there are potions that allow players to enchant it further (these are rare merchant/auction potions). A merchant can technically do anything, most recent (CCF fore example) will allow an enchant to 8x, but no further. Premium points can enchant all the way to 10x.

Nilandia
06-22-2009, 08:25 PM
It's actually closer to 18 minutes from what I can tell, based on timestamps. At least, that's what I see. It's still shorter than what it used to be.

Gretchen

DaCapn
06-22-2009, 08:50 PM
I think the docs say either greater than +30 or +31 ... cause at +30 you can still player enchant to +35 (7x)

Anyway, merchants have their own restrictions, if you enchant something to +36 or higher (however you do it), it will not be normally player enchantable, but there are potions that allow players to enchant it further (these are rare merchant/auction potions). A merchant can technically do anything, most recent (CCF fore example) will allow an enchant to 8x, but no further. Premium points can enchant all the way to 10x.

You mean +31, not +36. Brain fart or typo?

Anything from +31 to +35 is considered 7x and not player enchantable without the use of the auction-level potions.

Celephais
06-22-2009, 11:55 PM
You mean +31, not +36. Brain fart or typo?

Anything from +31 to +35 is considered 7x and not player enchantable without the use of the auction-level potions.
I was trying to say that it's still possible to get it enchanted even after going to 8x, but most merchants won't touch it... but yeah, my wording would have allowed me to say +31 in that sentence.

Back
07-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Never found one of these. What the hell is a bronze tradebar?

Appraises higher at the jeweler than the pawn. Less than 2, no look desc.

droit
07-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Rare gem.

Back
07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Rare gem.

Huh. Well this bronze one is only worth 250 or so and does not get taken out when I sell my container contents at the jewelers.

landy
07-24-2009, 09:35 PM
They are gems that can also be used when receiving an alteration to add that metal to the description. They range from copper to platinum.

Stanley Burrell
07-25-2009, 08:47 AM
What the hell is a bronze tradebar?

Is that like saltbars or ambergris? (Sells at furrier too/only?)

crennen
08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I know i saw a post somewhere with minimum crit rank needed per area by damage type. Now after searching all around I cant find it. Does anyone have that list or can point me to the post please?

It was like:
Eye:
Puncture 4
Crush 7 etc...

thanks!

droit
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Puncture:
Eye: 4
Eye: 4
Head: 6
Neck: 6
Chest: 8
Back: 8
Abs: 8

Crush:
Eye: 7
Head: 5
Neck: 5
Chest: 9

Slash:
Eye: 5
Eye: 5

Fire:

Lightning:
Eye: 6
Chest: 9

Acid:
Back: 9

Impact:
Eye: 7? or 8
Eye: 7? or 8
Head: 5
Neck: 5

Riltus
08-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Unbalance:
Eye: 9*
Head: 9*
Neck: 9*
Chest: None
Back: None
Abs: None

* I can confirm that unbalance rank 9 eye, head and neck crits are fatal. I'm not certain on rank 8's. I'm pretty sure rank 8 head and neck are non-fatal. I have no info on rank 8 eye. There are no fatal rank 7 unbalance crits.

Rank 9 chest, back and abs crits are all non-fatal R3 injuries.

Mark

Back
08-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Wow, that is really cool info to know. Thanks.

droit
08-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Glad to hear you're still compiling these, Riltus. Mind posting the full unbalance tables?

Riltus
08-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear you're still compiling these, Riltus. Mind posting the full unbalance tables?

My compiling days are over (at least for now). My accounts are closed.

This info is from data collected earlier in the year. It was a half-hearted attempt to do the unbalance crit table. CS based crit tables are much more difficult than AS tables. With AS based attacks the crit damage is non-variable and is directly tied to the crit rank via messaging. CS based attacks can have different damage values for the same messaging which complicates assigning the correct crit rank to the messaging.

Additionally, there are no damage factors with CS attacks. The crits are loosely based on warding margins and there may be some crit randomization within a limited warding range.

This partial table contains guesstimations (several of these are probably incorrectly placed) on proper crit rank assignments along with injury ranks and stuns. Since the purpose of unbalance is, first and foremost, to knockdown the target, there are very few R3 injuries and even less insta-deaths associated with the crits.

UNBALANCE CRIT TABLE** (Spell 110)

**This is an incomplete table which most likely contains several errors in crit messaging placement.

LEGEND:

(F) - fatal (instant death crit)
(S) - stun
(R1,2,3) Injury ranks

critUNBALANCEhead:
rank 1 head 5
rank 2 head 10
rank 3 head 15 Just like a brick to the head, without the imprint. (R1)
rank 4 head 20
rank 5 head 25
rank 6 head 30 Control of body lost. The critter falls to the ground stunned.(R2)(S)
rank 7 head 35
rank 8 head 40 Blow to the head shorts brain. The critter falls as body control is lost. (R3)(S)
rank 9 head 45 Awesome strike to the head! The critter is knocked to the ground dead. (R3)(F)

critUNBALANCEneck:
rank 1 neck 5
rank 2 neck 10 Strike to voicebox. The critter is speechless! (R1)
rank 3 neck 15 Whiplash! (R1)
rank 4 neck 20 Air supply cut off by sharp strike, the critter's eyes bulge! (R2)(S)
rank 5 neck 25 Neck shot. The critter is knocked onto her back. (R2)(S)
rank 6 neck 30 Strike to neck throws opponent to the ground violently. (R2)(S)
rank 7 neck 35 Blow to neck throws the critter to the ground violently. (R3)(S)
rank 8 neck 40
rank 9 neck 45 Neck strike throws the critter, snapping its neck in the process. (R3)(F)

critUNBALANCEreye:
rank 1 r eye 5 The critter's right eye swells suddenly, causing great pain. (R1)
rank 2 r eye 10
rank 3 r eye 15 Nice shiner to right eye! (R1)
rank 4 r eye 20
rank 5 r eye 25 Vision blurred. The critter staggers around blindly. (R2)(S?)
rank 6 r eye 30 Blow to the eye dazes the critter. The critter struggles to recover. (R2)(S)
rank 7 r eye 35 Optic nerves scrambled. The critter struggles on the ground to recover. (R2)(S)
rank 8 r eye 40 (R2/3?)(S)(F?)
rank 9 r eye 45 Eye spins backward into skull. The critter falls to the ground dead. (R3)(F)

critUNBALANCEleye:
rank 1 l eye 5 The critter's left eye swells suddenly, causing great pain. (R1)
rank 2 l eye 10
rank 3 l eye 15 Nice shiner to left eye! (R1)
rank 4 l eye 20
rank 5 l eye 25 Vision blurred. The critter staggers around blindly. (R2)(S?)
rank 6 l eye 30 Blow to the eye dazes the critter. The critter struggles to recover. R2 (S)
rank 7 l eye 35 Optic nerves scrambled. The critter struggles on the ground to recover. (R2)(S)
rank 8 l eye 40
rank 9 l eye 50 Eye spins backward into skull. The critter falls to the ground dead. (R3)(F)

critUNBALANCEchest:
rank 1 chest 5
rank 2 chest 10 Side strike shoves the critter several feet sideways. (R1)
rank 3 chest 15
rank 4 chest 20 The critter hits self trying to recover balance. (R1)(S)
rank 5 chest 25 Oof! Sudden impact knocks the wind out of the critter. (R2)(S)
rank 6 chest 30 Chest strike. Opponent knocked back and stunned! (R2)(S)
rank 7 chest 35 Chest strike sprawls opponent flat on back. (R2)(S)
rank 8 chest 40 Chest strike. Opponent knocked down and stunned! (R2)(S)
rank 9 chest 45 The critter drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes. R3 S

critUNBALANCEabs:
rank 1 abdomen 5
rank 2 abdomen 10
rank 3 abdomen 15 Upward thrust lifts the critter several inches off the ground. (R1)(S?)
rank 4 abdomen 20 Vertigo! The critter clutches stomach. (R1)(S)
rank 5 abdomen 25 Waves of nausea spread from stomach, incapacitating the critter. (R2) (S)
rank 6 abdomen 30
rank 7 abdomen 35 Strike to solar plexus stuns the critter. (R2)(S)
rank 8 abdomen 40 Strike to solar plexus drops the critter to the ground, stunned. (R2) (S)
rank 9 abdomen 45 Strike to stomach sends the critter doubling over to the ground. (R3)(S)

critUNBALANCEback:
rank 1 back 5 Strike to back throws the critter off balance momentarily. (R1)
rank 2 back 10 Severe low back pain! The critter gasps. (R1)
rank 3 back 15 The critter stumbles forward, off balance. (R1)(S)
rank 4 back 20 Footing lost! The critter wrenches back trying to stay upright. (R1)(S)
rank 5 back 25 Back strike. Opponent writhes in pain. (R2)(S)
rank 6 back 30 Strike to lower back stuns the critter. (R2)(S)
rank 7 back 35
rank 8 back 40 Strike to lower back drops the critter to the ground, stunned. (R2)(S)
rank 9 back 45 The critter is thrown to the ground face first!. A very hard landing! (R3)(S)

critUNBALANCErarm:
rank 1 r arm 5 The critter's weapon arm twists oddly but snaps right back. (R1)
rank 2 r arm 10 Jarring blow to the critter's weapon arm. (R1)
rank 3 r arm 15 Elbow wrenched. The critter is knocked to the ground. (R1)(S)
rank 4 r arm 20 Arm jerked painfully upward. (R1)(S)
rank 5 r arm 25 The critter's arm snaps trying to prevent fall. (R1)(S)
rank 6 r arm 30 Strike to arm spins opponent like a top. The critter is stunned. (R1/2?)(S)
rank 7 r arm 35
rank 8 r arm 40 Shattered the arm below the elbow, leaving only bloody strips of flesh. (R2)(S)
rank 9 r arm 50 Spun clockwise, the critter falls in a heap. R2 (S)

critUNBALANCElarm:
rank 1 l arm 5 The critter's shield arm twists oddly but snaps right back. (R1)
rank 2 l arm 10 Jarring blow to the critter's shield arm. (R1)
rank 3 l arm 15 Elbow wrenched. The critter is knocked to the ground! (R1)
rank 4 l arm 20 Arm jerked painfully upward. (R1)(S)
rank 5 l arm 25 The critter's arm snaps trying to prevent fall. (R1)(S)
rank 6 l arm 30 Strike to arm spins opponent like a top. The critter is stunned. (R2)(S)
rank 7 l arm 35
rank 8 l arm 40 Shattered the arm below the elbow, leaving only bloody strips of flesh. R2 (S)
rank 9 l arm 45 Spun counterclockwise, the critter falls in a heap. (R2)(S)

critUNBALANCErhand:
rank 1 r hand 5 The critter's wrist twisted slightly. (R1)
rank 2 r hand 10 Finger jams and swells. (R1)
rank 3 r hand 15 Shot to hand spins the critter in circles. (R1)
rank 4 r hand 20 Right hand slammed. Finger broken! (R2?)(S)
rank 5 r hand 25 The critter's hand injured grasping for support. (R2)(S)
rank 6 r hand 30
rank 7 r hand 35
rank 8 r hand 40 The critter stunned by strike to hand. (R2)(S)
rank 9 r hand 45 Hand struck hard! Pain causes the critter to wobble dizzily before falling. (R2)(S)

critUNBALANCElhand:
rank 1 l hand 5 The critter's wrist twisted slightly. (R1)
rank 2 l hand 10 Finger jams and swells. (R1)
rank 3 l hand 15 Shot to hand spins the critter in circles. (R1)
rank 4 l hand 20 Left hand slammed. Finger broken! (R2?)(S)
rank 5 l hand 25 The critter's hand injured grasping for support. (R2)(S)
rank 6 l hand 30
rank 7 l hand 35
rank 8 l hand 40 The critter stunned by strike to hand. (R2)(S)
rank 9 l hand 45 Hand struck hard! Pain causes the critter to wobble dizzily before falling. (R2)(S)

critUNBALANCErleg:
rank 1 r leg 5 The critter's right leg jerks momentarily but snaps right back. (R1)
rank 2 r leg 10 Pop! Kneecap wrenched. (R1)
rank 3 r leg 15 Sprained ankle! The critter won't be running soon. (R1)
rank 4 r leg 20 Strike to foot! The critter hops around dizzily on other foot and falls. (R1)(S)
rank 5 r leg 25 Leg strike sends waves of pain through the critter. (R1)(S)
rank 6 r leg 30 Leg jerked violently. The critter is stunned. (R2)(S)
rank 7 r leg 35 The critter's kneecap shatters sending bone fragments flying. (R2)(S)
rank 8 r leg 40 You shatter the critter's right leg from the knee down. (R2)(S)
rank 9 r leg 45 The critter tries desperately to keep footing, but falls on rear instead. (R2)(S)

critUNBALANCElleg:
rank 1 l leg 5 The critter's left leg jerks momentarily but snaps right back. (R1)
rank 2 l leg 10 Pop! Kneecap wrenched. (R1)
rank 3 l leg 15 Sprained ankle! The critter won't be running soon. (R1)
rank 4 l leg 20 Strike to foot! The critter hops around dizzily on other foot and falls. (R1)(S)
rank 5 l leg 25 Leg strike sends waves of pain through the critter. (R1)(S)
rank 6 l leg 30 Leg jerked violently. The critter is stunned. (R2)(S)
rank 7 l leg 35 The critter's kneecap shatters sending bone fragments flying. (R2)(S)
rank 8 l leg 40 You shatter the critter's left leg from the knee down. (R2)(S)
rank 9 l leg 45 The critter tries desperately to keep footing but falls on rear instead. (R2)(S)

Mark

Celephais
10-16-2009, 02:33 PM
What's the command to perform a voln kick on a non-undead when "kick" results in the "that doesn't seem like such a good idea". (Same for throw/punch). ... you can do that right?

Some Rogue
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Don't be in defensive stance?

Celephais
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't be in defensive stance?
Ah, guarded. That would explain it, thanks.

Lumi
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
What's the command to perform a voln kick on a non-undead when "kick" results in the "that doesn't seem like such a good idea". (Same for throw/punch). ... you can do that right?

It's based on stance, not target living/undead status.

Some Rogue is right. Don't be in defensive, or guarded. In neutral stance and below, you get the combat version (assuming you know Fu), otherwise you just get the RP verbs.

Note that this applies when targeting OTHER PCs too! If you're screwing around in town with a friend, be sure you ARE in guarded or defensive before PUNCHing or KICKing them.

zhelas
10-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Note that this applies when targeting OTHER PCs too! If you're screwing around in town with a friend, be sure you ARE in guarded or defensive before PUNCHing or KICKing them.

Isn't there a post somewhere in these forums where someone used voln fu and killed Tsin?

zhelas
10-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Ah yes here it is.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=127678&highlight=Tsin+dust#post127678

I'm only on step 11 of Voln, so I haven't gotten the boost to Voln Fu yet.

Tsin says, &quot;It would take a year to kill me though.&quot;
&gt;
Tsin chuckles.
&gt;
You say, &quot;Bet I could do it in less than 30 seconds.&quot;
&gt;
Tsin works his fingers under his red party hat and scratches his head.
You say, &quot;Being stunned on the ground lowers your brawl defense a lot.&quot;
&gt;poke tsin
You poke Tsin in the ribs.
You say, &quot;She had you down and stunned.&quot;
&gt;
Tsin removes an enruned ora tiger-claw from in his black cloak.
&gt;
Tsin raises his ora tiger-claw in triumph!
Mystical energies race across the surface of the tiger-claw.
Tsin is surrounded by an aura of natural confidence.
&gt;
Tsin put an enruned ora tiger-claw in his black cloak.
&gt;
Tsin removes a silvery rolaren falchion from in his weapons harness.
&gt;
Tsin removes a golvern-edged crescent battle axe from in his weapons harness.
&gt;
* Dimeare just bit the dust!
&gt;'Heh
You say, &quot;Heh.&quot;
&gt;
Tsin nods to you.
&gt;
Tsin says, &quot;Go for it.&quot;
You are now in an offensive stance.
You exclaim, &quot;Start the timer!&quot;
&gt;kick tsin
You attempt to kick Tsin!
MB: 317 vs MB: 152 = 165 -- Gain advantage!
Hard to follow! Fantastic position.
THT 46, d100 roll: 30, modified: 195
and hits for 70 points of damage!
... +1 extra hits. Kick to side.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
&gt;
kick tsin
&gt;
MB: 317 vs MB: 152 = 165 -- Gain advantage!
THT 46, d100 roll: 18, modified: 183
and hits for 65 points of damage!
... +3 extra hits. Well placed kick to foot forces foe to parry down!
&gt;
&gt;
kick tsin
MB: 317 vs MB: 154 = 163 -- Gain advantage!
THT 46, d100 roll: 66, modified: 229
and hits for 86 points of damage!
... +3 extra hits. Kick to foe's chest stuns him.
&gt;
Tsin blinks dazedly as his leg muscles twitch.
&gt;
kick tsin
&gt;
MB: 317 vs MB: 131 = 186 -- Gain advantage!
Movement is a blur! Outflanked opponent.
THT 46, d100 roll: 37, modified: 223
and hits for 84 points of damage!

* Tsin drops dead at your feet!

Tsin seems to lose an aura of confidence.
&gt;
* Tsin just bit the dust!
&gt;
Belnia stares off into space.
&gt;
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
&gt;
&gt;'17 seconds
You say, &quot;17 seconds.&quot;
&gt;whist
&gt;
You whistle tunelessly to yourself, remembering days past.
&gt;
Belnia says, &quot;A shade under twenty seconds.&quot;
&gt;l
[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with patterns of light and dark. A long porch stretches along the width of the great old house. You also see the porch steps and a hollow tree stump.
Also here: Lady Belnia, the body of Tsin (prone), Eahlstan
Obvious paths: south
&gt;
The ghostly voice of Tsin says, &quot;That's weak.&quot;
&gt;
Tsin gives a ghostly chuckle.

WRoss
10-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Tsin removes a silvery rolaren falchion from in his weapons harness.
&gt;
Tsin removes a golvern-edged crescent battle axe from in his weapons harness.

Thats why, He had a THW and an OHE in his hands.

Lumi
10-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, nowadays I think it's a lot harder to kill another PC with Fu. Not impossible, but I remember testing it with Mekthros back around 2004-2005, and I was getting about 12 seconds of RT trying to Fu him. We were comparable in level and I was 2x brawl, he was self-spelled.