PDA

View Full Version : Raising someone that instantly dies.

Betheny
07-18-2003, 05:11 PM
With the new death changes coming around for GSIV, I've been pondering something.

I was in Icemule, and some dumbass cleric raised someone that was bleeding horribly. So he instantly died.

I'm thinking... Losing a deed sucks. Losing your raising powers for an hour kinda sucks too.

But with the new death changes, is raising someone just to die again going to warrant ONLY losing your powers for an hour?

Something like that, I think, ought to carry a much sterner penalty.

What do you all think?

Taernath
07-18-2003, 08:43 PM
It's pretty easy to tell what's a mistake and what's pure incompetence, but I'm not sure how they'd go about seperating them in game. I remember just yesterday I ran into a cleric trying to raise unsancted in the zombie intersection with no one to unstun. Is it really that hard to drag or fog him out so he doesn't lose another deed?

Betheny
07-18-2003, 09:28 PM
The excuses I get from a lot of clerics is "I dunno I've never raised before" yet they're level 80-something.

Heshinar
08-30-2005, 05:30 AM
I screwed up with my Cleric Today. I couldnt Drag the corpse through the copse of trees at Potters Field.

How do you get a corpse through there if you cannot fog them out?

Everytime I tried to "crawl north" while dragging. The body didnt come along with me. The last time I tried I nearly died myself to a tree spirit.

Might be helpful if there was somewhere to find out how the hell to drag someone through places like that. I do understand some places you just CANNOT drag a body but hell the places you can should be more obvious.

Tisket
08-30-2005, 05:36 AM
Wow, a two year bump. Impressive.

Drew
08-30-2005, 05:38 AM
I thought Maimara had come back, again.

cajunlady
08-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Heshinar
I screwed up with my Cleric Today. I couldnt Drag the corpse through the copse of trees at Potters Field.

How do you get a corpse through there if you cannot fog them out?

Everytime I tried to "crawl north" while dragging. The body didnt come along with me. The last time I tried I nearly died myself to a tree spirit.

Might be helpful if there was somewhere to find out how the hell to drag someone through places like that. I do understand some places you just CANNOT drag a body but hell the places you can should be more obvious.
You rub your amulet and think for a fogger, or a gate. You cast minor sanctuary to keep youreself safe while you wait, and you life keep the body. Some places are draggable by some and not others due to muscle power so all that is needed is more strength. I cannot think of any viable reason to raise in field where critters can come get the weak as a newborn kitten victim with the possible exception of being on the trail to travel. And even then the sancting applies, so the hostile environment is taken out a bit as it lasts about 20 minutes or more thereby giving the death sting time to abate.

edited to add: I am assuming your cleric was a raiser. If not, and simply trying to rescue.... well makes more sense as to why you wouldn't have 213 yet.

[Edited on 8-30-2005 by cajunlady]

Stunseed
08-30-2005, 08:41 AM
< How do you get a corpse through there if you cannot fog them out? >

Rezz inside the copse, which no baddies can enter, and allow them to rest off death's sting/make spells.

Nieninque
08-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Or you could type Drag [name of dork] [Direction you wish to go]

Andreal
08-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
Or you could type Drag [name of dork] [Direction you wish to go]

Except he was saying he couldn't drag the corpse out.

Nieninque
08-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Because he was doing it wrong.

He had default drag on and was typing crawl north or whatever way he was going.

Everytime I tried to "crawl north" while dragging. The body didnt come along with me.

If, instead of "crawl north" he typed "Drag Dicksplash North" whilst he was in a crawling position, Im pretty sure he could drag them.
Could be wrong, but I have got around other placed where people have dropped from being dragged in the same way.

Heshinar
08-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah I was stupid. I know it.

No one was answering on the amunet. Figured a quick rezz and I did get permission from the dead person first. I knew it would be risky with his bleeder.

I will not use the default dragging anymore in that situation.

My other issue is until someone told me how to get a body down the bank I didn't know you could roll it. On that same one it took me a few tries before I figured out just to "roll body" to get them down the bank.

Leetahkin
08-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Those healing potions work wonders too if you have them on hand. Pour the liquid down their throat and stop the bleeders.